Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Best thing to do is legalize it in controlled premises. Make an actual career that cuts out the pimps, requires the women to pay tax etc. Wouldn't 100% solve the problem but would make it a hell of a lot better.

I am Libertarian in many matters so the act itself is not an issue to me but it can not involve trafficking.  There another person is being impacted and there needs to be severe consequences. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Interesting that this is a passing Blip. A Terrorist but Jussie Smollete runs for Days 

Not to make this about current events, but yeah, I agree with you.  I don't trust most of the media today, and neither should anyone else.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

That might satisfy the men in the population but the women especially those who are wives or girlfriends might have a different take on your idea.  If your idea ever goes legal then I want to be there with an online school for divorce and palimony lawyers.

But those kinds of men will cheat in one way or another anyway. A jerk is a jerk. I'd just rather eliminate as many of the pimps as possible

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Easy explanation: Kraft is a low-life.  

Haha. Well, he's at least not the brightest. Has the ability to do these things legally somewhere or find himself a sugarbaby but instead he goes and does this stuff at some podunk "spa" where he put himself at risk of getting in trouble. And ta-da! Trouble found him. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Not to make this about current events, but yeah, I agree with you.  I don't trust most of the media today, and neither should anyone else.

The issue is, the media has been untrustworthy for a lot longer than just recently...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Only for certain crimes...

Oh, and we do have more ppl in prison per capita than any other country.

Secure the boarder, legalize drugs and prostitution and tax the ***** out of them.

Trafficking will go away.

Cause criminals are well known for their adherence to tax law.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting that this is a passing Blip. A Terrorist but Jussie Smollete runs for Days 

Yup. Ran for days all over CNN and the like before they realized he lied out his ass... celebrities get attention. That's what Mr. Smollete bet on, and now he's going to jail.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Human trafficking and forced sex slavery are not legal any place.  I am sure that Kraft knows about the Mustang Ranch and high end brothels but he obviously has  a low life kink that he needs scratched.

Well, to be fair, we have no idea whether or not he knew he was patronizing a sex trafficking ring. And obviously I'm not advocating for that type of thing. All I'm saying is if he had that kinda itch he has the ability to go to a place where prostitution is legal and not put himself at risk of getting busted. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The thing is, it shouldn't be.  Goodell fined Jim Irsay $500K and took away draft picks a couple of years ago for prescription drug abuse.  Goodell just has to come up with a punishment that suits the crime for patronizing a spa guilty of human smuggling.  I think the question becomes: did Kraft know about the smuggling?  If he did, the punishment should be even worse.

We both know from a personal standpoint that Goodell did not give a crap about what Irsay did.  Goodell's job is to protect the league's revenue and Kraft's conduct even if he walks out of court unscathed will be damaging to female viewership which the league is trying to increase.  Goodell can't sit there and tell everybody that Kraft nodded his head in every owner's meeting that a discipline issue popped up at but now when it is Kraft's turn to face punishment he won't undergo the same process.  The media will roast the NFL into being rid of Kraft.  Certainly the media of 31 NFL cities.

Prostitution will likely have to be legalized eventually. It's legal in many countries (like Canada, though someone will probably say it's not legal there "technically").

There is some kind of quote that "20% of the men are having sex with 80% of the women"...surely an exaggeration, but judging by what I see and hear around me, there is a definite disparity. Something's got to give.

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Well, to be fair, we have no idea whether or not he knew he was patronizing a sex trafficking ring. And obviously I'm not advocating for that type of thing. All I'm saying is if he had that kinda itch he has the ability to go to a place where prostitution is legal and not put himself at risk of getting busted. 

And again I will say that cops and DA's don't move against billionaires unless they are extremely sure of the facts.

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

Think of how many of these places would go legit as opposed to risky trafficking.  Demand for illegals would plummet.

I mean, doesn't that create the question of what percentage of prostitutes are genuinely willing to do this trade as opposed to the number being forced or at least strongly coerced? (Plus the drug factor wherein a lot of them are hooked/manipulated for drug related payments) 

I do see the point you're trying to make, but the problem is that then you're regulating it and all that crap and at that point those pimps aren't going to invest the time, energy, and money into going legit. They're already taking that risk right now and making much more than they would if they had to pay their product. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

It's less about the law and a lot more about the PR

people in twitter are putting #Patriots and #human trafficking together

It will tarnish their brand, regardless of any official action

I would say the cheating damaged their PR more than this.  Football fans don't care about this as much a a team who keeps winning and cheating.

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I would say the cheating damaged their PR more than this.  Football fans don't care about this as much a a team who keeps winning and cheating.

Non-football fans don't care too much about the breaking of random football rules. They care a whole lot about modern day slavery and sexual deviance. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, doesn't that create the question of what percentage of prostitutes are genuinely willing to do this trade as opposed to the number being forced or at least strongly coerced

No idea really.  What about the % who would be willing to do it to make good money, but are afraid of the consequences?  Is that even a thing?  I'm betting it is, but I have no personal experience with prostitution.  

My GF used to be in the ahem, Canadian ballet, back when it was just peep shows.  She could see where it was going in the late 90's and decided to leave the show.  Seems a lot of women will do whatever, if there is enough money involved.

Non-football fans don't care too much about the breaking of random football rules. They care a whole lot about modern day slavery and sexual deviance. 

Maybe in the off season...

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

We both know from a personal standpoint that Goodell did not give a crap about what Irsay did.  Goodell's job is to protect the league's revenue and Kraft's conduct even if he walks out of court unscathed will be damaging to female viewership which the league is trying to increase.  Goodell can't sit there and tell everybody that Kraft nodded his head in every owner's meeting that a discipline issue popped up at but now when it is Kraft's turn to face punishment he won't undergo the same process.  The media will roast the NFL into being rid of Kraft.  Certainly the media of 31 NFL cities.

Good points.  Agree that Goodell has to come down hard on Kraft.  I don't think that any punishment that Goodell comes up with should be dictated by the media.  The media's job is to report...that's it.  I do think the other 31 owner's advice/opinions probably should be sought out as it is a small fraternity and they all have to work together on league issues.  It will be interesting to see the final verdict.  Kraft's star will fall hard, for sure, but I'm not sure he'll be forced to sell the franchise ala Carolina.  Bob Kraft will most likely be banished from the NFL and his son will run the franchise.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

The idea of human trafficking enrages me to the point that I would be for public execution of the convicted. 

Convicted of what, the actual trafficking right?

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

A good friend of mine just got owned in family court (Erie County).He's actually suicidal right now.

Just another story to add to the heap, sorry to hear about another victim.

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

No idea really.  What about the % who would be willing to do it to make good money, but are afraid of the consequences?  Is that even a thing?  I'm betting it is, but I have no personal experience with prostitution.  

My GF used to be in the ahem, Canadian ballet, back when it was just peep shows.  She could see where it was going in the late 90's and decided to leave the show.  Seems a lot of women will do whatever, if there is enough money involved.

Maybe in the off season...

The problem with legalization is that criminals aren't always criminals out of necessity- Especially those who run syndicates and rings such as this. Usually they are criminals because its the best and easiest (to them at least) way to make money. I don't think guys who beat women and chain them up and use them as sexual objects have a whole lot of desire to go legal. Harsher punishment to prevent recidivism and maybe to discourage (though that goes to the above point as well) is the way to go in my opinion. 

Another side is that if you remove what constraints there are from prostitution (namely the illegality of it) it will increase demand which will increase the need for supply and I think you actually would see a rise in subjection and trafficking. 

I think you actually would see a rise in subjection and trafficking

That's why border security and an actual strict immigration policy come in to play.  And I'm not saying all will be solved.  However, the illogicality of the open border policy coupled with the sanctuary city nonsense is about the worst way you can try to solve the issue(s).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's why border security and an actual strict immigration policy come in to play.  And I'm not saying all will be solved.  However, the illogicality of the open border policy coupled with the sanctuary city nonsense is about the worst way you can try to solve the issue(s).

That I will agree with. 

Caution #2: keep politics off main board threads. 

Have you read the posting rules here?

• Thank you (+1) 1