Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

Spygate, deflategate, and now hookergate!  It's easy to see why people hate the Cheatriots.  Rightly or wrongly,  the leader of an organization has to set the moral compass for that organization.  Given this latest incident, it will be difficult for Kraft to hold his players and staff accountable for behavior detrimental to the NFL.  I doubt that he will be forced to sell his team but it would be in the league's best interest if he does.  You can just imagine the protests and bad press initiated by women's rights groups, if Kraft continues to be involved with the team.  He needs to go away!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think that’s the point. Although I once remember Charlie sheen saying it’s just easier 

The point is gold diggers are always playing for higher stakes than 500 bucks per hour.  Probably if you are a billionaire you just want to go to a woman where it is as simple as 500 bucks for the hour and then the matter is concluded.

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i thought all this was victimless and any attempt to stop it is an infringement on sexual freedom choices

at least I've heard this 24/7 for most of the last 53 years from CNN and most liberal people in my life

Legalized prostitution: voluntary sex workers.

Criminalized prostitution: sex trafficking victims.

So simple, even liberals can understand it!

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

The point is gold diggers are always playing for higher stakes than 500 bucks per hour.  Probably if you are a billionaire you just want to go to a woman where it is as simple as 500 bucks for the hour and then the matter is concluded.

Or just $59 for a half hour at the human sex trafficking sweatshop if you are a  billionaire looking to save money.

So the most recent case of an owner who was basically forced to sell given the allegations against him, Jerry Richardson, begs the question, how comparable is the seriousness of the conduct? Richardson was accused of making inappropriate overtures/statements for the most part. So there is definitely precedent to push an established owner out the door. But who knows?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21798557/carolina-panthers-owner-jerry-richardson-selling-nfl-team

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So the most recent case of an owner who was basically forced to sell given the allegations against him, Jerry Richardson, begs the question, how comparable is the seriousness of the conduct? Richardson was accused of making inappropriate overtures/statements for the most part. So there is definitely precedent to push an established owner out the door. But who knows?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21798557/carolina-panthers-owner-jerry-richardson-selling-nfl-team

Prostitution and any connection to human trafficking has to be worse... Right? 

• Like (+1) 1

regardless of the law, the Patriots image and the NFL are tarnished. Mostly the Patriots image, though.

An NFL owner paying for victims of human trafficking to have sex with him is not a good look and is going to cause all sorts of problems. Especially since it's NE, the team that is always winning and always on the forefront of sports media.