Eball’s annual mock...

eball

44 minutes ago, eball said:

No, but I guarantee it’s more useful than any other mock you’ll see this time of year. 

THIS! I wish more people would get a grip on this. When Mayock, Kiper and our own Astro have embarrassing history on their FINAL Mocks, why does every cellardwelling geek think theirs is worthy of posting? I honestly don’t get it. 

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

THIS! I wish more people would get a grip on this. When Mayock, Kiper and our own Astro have embarrassing history on their FINAL Mocks, why does every cellardwelling geek think theirs is worthy of posting? I honestly don’t get it. 

Cellardwelling geeks?  Abusive language much, Mr. Moderator?

Astro one of those?   Gunner?   Bandit? 

Here's the reality............almost nothing written on this wall isn't a waste of time.

But discussion of prospective acquisitions is extremely popular and entertaining........ a big entertainment business enjoyed by the vast majority of fans who frequent places like @SDSsite TBD.

Granted.......we have our share of older folks who didn't grow up at a time when there was a draft season or free agency and resent the fact that they aren't as into the information in those discussions of this PASTTIME and resent the draft discussion.........but it's what most people want to discuss.

For years we've had a system here where news/info/takes get posted in individual threads and they survive on the first page if interest is merited.  

I'm not one of the people who have had topics shut down by you recently but jamming topics into a handful of long, wandering threads at the top of the page makes the site look tired.

This isn't a fan site for some old 1970's rock band nobody under age 70 cares about anymore.......the Bills and the NFL are a going concern.............it's ok to have a first couple pages that's mostly topics started in the last 48 hours.   Really.  It is.:thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I hear he has trouble catching the ball, and scored poorly at carrying his lunch pail, during the combine. 

I watched a few of his games, and "this guy has no hands" and "he needs to get his head in the game" were consistent criticisms I heard from the commentators.  His blue collar attitude will get him on someone's roster.  I heard he's a good guy too, and would give a complete stranger the shirt off of his back.  Seems like the right "fit" for McDermott.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

No chance! I don't have a horse in the race, but I don't see it happening at Cameron. Good luck though. I'm a Michigan fan so an NC win would be a GOOD thing when it comes to RPI.

Should have clarified, I'm a big FSU fan. I just can't stand Duke. Especially coach K. Michigan took us out in the elite 8 last year.

• Like (+1) 1

They're for fun. Why would you click on the thread if you think mock drafts are annoying or stupid? So you can give your unless input just like us guys who like to do mock drafts and read them. :-)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

They're for fun. Why would you click on the thread if you think mock drafts are annoying or stupid? So you can give your unless input just like us guys who like to do mock drafts and read them. ?

I like the fanspeak mock draft simulator.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Cellardwelling geeks?  Abusive language much, Mr. Moderator?

Astro one of those?   Gunner?   Bandit? 

Here's the reality............almost nothing written on this wall isn't a waste of time.

But discussion of prospective acquisitions is extremely popular and entertaining........ a big entertainment business enjoyed by the vast majority of fans who frequent places like @SDSsite TBD.

Granted.......we have our share of older folks who didn't grow up at a time when there was a draft season or free agency and resent the fact that they aren't as into the information in those discussions of this PASTTIME and resent the draft discussion.........but it's what most people want to discuss.

For years we've had a system here where news/info/takes get posted in individual threads and they survive on the first page if interest is merited.  

I'm not one of the people who have had topics shut down by you recently but jamming topics into a handful of long, wandering threads at the top of the page makes the site look tired.

This isn't a fan site for some old 1970's rock band nobody under age 70 cares about anymore.......the Bills and the NFL are a going concern.............it's ok to have a first couple pages that's mostly topics started in the last 48 hours.   Really.  It is.:thumbsup:

WTH?!? If wasting weeks assessing every teams draft position with witless interpretation of their specific needs per Round to extrapolate a ‘Draft’ to sate your otherwise meaningless life, with an absolute Zero chance of being correct, is what passes for ‘fun’ with millennials, I stand by my cellardwelling geek assessment. Excuse me, whippersnapper, I hear Led Zepplin playing somewhere.. Really. It is. Alexa is playing the Rain Song.?

As to the bolded part, like me, you’re entitled to your opinion. You are hereby encouraged to seek refuge on another website. Perhaps you’ll be welcome there..

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually, when Pro Football Weekly featured Joel Buchsbaum, he offered a better, more accurate view of the draft than the "experts" of today, or so I think. I would still be buying that paper if Buchsbaum was around.

The draft was always an exciting part of the NFL to this old timer. ;) 

• Like (+1) 2

WTH?!? If wasting weeks assessing every teams draft position with witless interpretation of their specific needs per Round to extrapolate a ‘Draft’ to sate your otherwise meaningless life, with an absolute Zero chance of being correct, is what passes for ‘fun’ with millennials, I stand by my cellardwelling geek assessment.

It is just my light relief from Brexit......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It is just my light relief from Brexit......

Just freaking re-vote and get on with it. And be more diligent and make sure that the Russians don't run another influence campaign that the oldsters buy into. We Americans should know how nefarious the intruding Russians can be. :)

Edited by JohnC

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH?!? If wasting weeks assessing every teams draft position with witless interpretation of their specific needs per Round to extrapolate a ‘Draft’ to sate your otherwise meaningless life, with an absolute Zero chance of being correct, is what passes for ‘fun’ with millennials, I stand by my cellardwelling geek assessment. Excuse me, whippersnapper, I hear Led Zepplin playing somewhere.. Really. It is. Alexa is playing the Rain Song.?

As to the bolded part, like me, you’re entitled to your opinion. You are hereby encouraged to seek refuge on another website. Perhaps you’ll be welcome there..

I say this without rancor but draft talk is one of the most fun topics during the football interlude. We have a few very well versed people on college prospects who add a framework to the amorphous musings by the rank and file. What adds to the discussions are the included links from the self-anointed experts.

The benefit that comes from the draft discussions is not the original postings but the subsequent postings from people such as Gunner, Bandito, Kirby and YOLO with his Buckeye bias. There is no one more knowledgeable about Alabama prospects than NYC Bill. My point is that although sometimes the original topic may be off kilter the follow-up commentary is what enriches the draft topics.  

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I say this without rancor but draft talk is one of the most fun topics during the football interlude. We have a few very well versed people on college prospects who add a framework to the amorphous musings by the rank and file. What adds to the discussions are the included links from the self-anointed experts.

The benefit that comes from the draft discussions is not the original postings but the subsequent postings from people such as Gunner, Bandito, Kirby and YOLO with his Buckeye bias. There is no one more knowledgeable about Alabama prospects than NYC Bill. My point is that although sometimes the original topic may be off kilter the follow-up commentary is what enriches the draft topics.  

Fair point, and I completely agree it’s difficult at times to end threads that are going off the rails when there’s great banter under the bedlam. 

Consequently, I’ll try another approach on some. 

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fair point, and I completely agree it’s difficult at times to end threads that are going off the rails when there’s great banter under the bedlam. 

Consequently, I’ll try another approach on some. 

I caution you for safety reasons to stay away from the hockey territory. It has become a war zone where angry people are encouraging discordant people like me to walk in the area where the mines are located. I haven't stepped on one yet but although I walk with caution the odds are stacked against me. The imbibing Plezmd is leading the very aroused mob. So if my voice is no longer heard then you know that he has succeeded in silencing me. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I caution you for safety reasons to stay away from the hockey territory. It has become a war zone where angry people are encouraging discordant people like me to walk in the area where the mines are located. I haven't stepped on one yet but although I walk with caution the odds are stacked against me. The imbibing Plezmd is leading the very aroused mob. So if my voice is no longer heard then you know that he has succeeded in silencing me. :ph34r:

OMG!?

Thanks! I’m disgusted with my 2nd favorite team as well and under the pretense of company loving misery, I’ve considered meandering in for some solace. 

Not going anywhere near it now!

?’Bartender! Come down he-ya!’ 1 ?, 1?and 1?

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I’m not really biased, you know! I have a balanced viewpoint of all Buckeye players and some of them I don’t think much of at all at the next level (or this one). I tell it like it is!

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Actually, when Pro Football Weekly featured Joel Buchsbaum, he offered a better, more accurate view of the draft than the "experts" of today, or so I think. I would still be buying that paper if Buchsbaum was around.

The draft was always an exciting part of the NFL to this old timer. ;) 

Yes, Buschbaum is very sadly missed. :( 

As for the mock-drafters in here, it’s obvious that they have a lot of fun doing it and others like reading their takes, so I say live and let live. :thumbsup:

Me personally though, I’m not impressed by any of them, sorry.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yes, Buschbaum is very sadly missed. :( 

As for the mock-drafters in here, it’s obvious that they have a lot of fun doing it and others like reading their takes, so I say live and let live. :thumbsup:

Me personally though, I’m not impressed by any of them, sorry.

Better than Whaley’s!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1