Jerry Hughes 5th in league in total pressures in 2018

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The stats, although impressive, don't indicate how important these individual players are to their linemates and teams because they are drawing extra attention and still putting on pressure. The acquisition of Hughes has been one of the best deals this franchise has made in its history. It was a felonious theft. Although sometimes he loses control of his emotions and gets penalized for it, he never lacks in giving maximum effort. I hope the Bills can soon take a step up and be a more serious team so Jerry can get the attention he deserves for his consistently good play. 

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The stats, although impressive, don't indicate how important these individual players are to their linemates and teams because they are drawing extra attention and still putting on pressure. The acquisition of Hughes has been one of the best deals this franchise has made in its history. It was a felonious theft. Although sometimes he loses control of his emotions and gets penalized for it, he never lacks in giving maximum effort. I hope the Bills can soon take a step up and be a more serious team so Jerry can get the attention he deserves for his consistently good play. 

Completely agree

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I thought he did a pretty good job keeping it in check this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On the list above it seems that holding was called the lowest percentage of the time when against Hughes.  When Watt or Donald were held - it was called at a much higher percentage of the time.  Seems a memo went out to opposing Ds letting them know that it is OK to Hold Hughes and not worry about the flags. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My lord Aaron Donald might retire as the greatest interior lineman of all time.  He’s only what...about 27 right now?

I know, right?

Jeepers creepers, Royale.  I don't even have to know how much the Rams paid for him (although, I believe it is second to Mack in Chicago), I just know that automatically it is money well spent.

• Like (+1) 1

Because of Jerry's poor relationship with the refs of the league,  opposing tackles know they can get away with murder. No player in this league had more holdings ignored by the refs. And barring Jerry buying every ref a new car, it's probably never going to change. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This stat is all the more impressive given the fact that the refs legalized holding on Jerry years ago.  The union rep said it himself.  Jerry Hughes is extremely unpopular amongst NFL refs, and he doesn't get nearly the number of holding calls that he should.  O-Linemen in the NFL know this, and we see it on display every week.  Truly disgraceful and unprofessional. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Heres the ironic thing though.  Jerry has the second fewest sacks in this group and half as many as Ford, Watt, and Jones who have the same amount of pressures.

Donald: 21.5 sacks, 106 pressures

Cox: 10.5 sacks, 95 pressures

Ford: 13 sacks, 78 pressures

Watt: 16 sacks, 75 pressures 

Hughes: 7 sacks, 74 pressures

Jones: 15.5 sacks, 73 pressures

Graham: 4 sacks, 70 pressures

Anyone know why Jerry isn’t getting actual sack numbers the way that Jones and Watts are?  I can recall a few times when he has come close to a sack but didn’t finish the play.  

Anyone know why his actual sack numbers were so low this season and last?

On 1/2/2019 at 8:06 AM, RiotAct said:

very nice.  It’s amazing how him and Lorenzo have been able to maintain their high level of play.

I hope they are working on bringing them both back to end their respective careers in B/lo !!

On 1/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, Patrick_Duffy said:

He sure did get held  A LOT this season.Some bad ones that wasn't called. Hopefully he will have better luck with the refs next year and his numbers will be even better. Overall though, I thought he had a pretty dam good season for himself.

Holy crap did he ever. I know he was on the refs radar for a couple of seasons given his track record of committing a few personal foul penalties per season and always jawing but over the last two seasons he hasn't had any scuffles at all. You'd think he'd get a call here and there.