2nd half thread: Wk 16 Bills at Patriots, 1 pm on CBS

Just now, HappyDays said:

No the pass at the end of the 1st half wasn't great, I get that. But there are people saying we shouldn't throw those types of passes at all because the defender has tight coverage. i.e. the back shoulder to Zay.

I missed the throw to Zay.... was too long sorting my 2nd half snacks. Came back and they were kicking the FG. 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Damn Tremaine Edmunds is awful against the run. He need to get way more aggressive and not shy away from contact. He is a great player against the pass though. 

He is awful against the run and inconsistent against the pass at this stage. A lot of room to grow 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I missed the throw to Zay.... was too long sorting my 2nd half snacks. Came back and they were kicking the FG. 

It was a simple back shoulder and he just didn't make a play on it. But he was in tight coverage against Gilmore which apparently means it wasn't a good read. Sometimes the receiver just needs to make a play.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No the pass at the end of the 1st half wasn't great, I get that. But there are people saying we shouldn't throw those types of passes at all because the defender has tight coverage. i.e. the back shoulder to Zay.

No, no one is saying that. You think people are saying that. It's about going with match ups and picking the right route and match up to go to. That doesn't mean Josh should never throw a back shoulder throw. What it means is, Zay Jones matched up against Gilmore, the Pats best CB, on a deep route, where he is getting blanketed is a low percentage play. Seeing Gilmore and knowing there are other routes and match ups, because the Pats are in man coverage across the field, Josh should weigh his options.

Edited by Wayne Cubed