Sean McDermott is Out of Answers

Just now, jrober38 said:

Why wait though?

Based on the results over the past 25 games, why would anyone with a brain in their head entrust Beane and McDermott to fix the offense? 

Only because you don't want the Bills to be the Cleveland Browns and fire GM's and HC every two years. 

They made the Playoffs in 2017 and so they get 2018 and 2019. 

But they need an offensive consultant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

Maybe, but I don't think so.  I think McDermott and Beane have Pegula convinced that the process is going to take a while.  I do believe that 2020 is make or break.   They had 3 years to build a culture, draft a QB, and remake the roster.  

In 2019 there will be a ton of new faces starting, I don't expect everything to jell overnight.    It never does for the Bills.   And Allen was not a year and a half project.  He's not going to be much better in 2019 than he is right now. 

This is exactly right.  Frankly, its obviously right.  

I knew this last year, I knew it going into the season, and I for the life of me cannot see how everyone doesn't see it now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Only because you don't want the Bills to be the Cleveland Browns and fire GM's and HC every two years. 

We need better players on offense.  Daboll can only do what he can with a limited playbook, a sketchy oline and no wrs getting separation.    Hell I could be an offensive consultant.    Get better on the line, get a deep threat, and get a true #1 WR.  

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A stat was shown last night pointing out that 40% of the Bills' roster is either 1st or 2nd year players.

Correct, people look at average age which gets stretched older due to Lorax, Kyle Williams, Derek Anderson now and a few others who I would say are "old" for their positions.

The one thing that worries me is that we obviously need to go all in on offense... but arguably two of our best pass rushers (not including Hughes) are quite up there in age

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They have 2019 and that's it. 

You trot Allen out there with this "revamped" offense and he's still struggling, we're getting blown out. 

See ya McDermott and Beane. 

That could happen - but they deserve to have their shot.  Too many fans judge them by the failures of the past.

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

A coach that cries to the media is far and away the worst type to have.  

I just wish there was more insight, more thought than you the fans have to eat poop and someday we'll be winning big. 

Eat this poop because building a culture takes time and don't you worry, our elite culture will meaningfully differentiate us from the rest of the league and will pay off with winning. 

We're building this thing and learning how to win with a young team. 

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

Disagree that you can claim this.. I think we've seen plenty from the defensive side.  The thing about the 40% stat of the team made up by year 1 and 2 players is that year 1 and 2 players have THE most room to improve (when compared to a veteran).  So the Bills have got significant upswing potential on their roster.

Shore up the O-Line in the draft.

Add an explosive WR in FA

40% of the roster now in year 2 and 3 results in improved play

...I just don't think tossing McDermott is the best idea.

You're overrating what we have and marginalizing how much we need.

What players on the offensive side of the ball do you think are potential legitimate starters on a championship caliber team? That's the end-game here right? A player being young doesn't automatically mean he's going to improve just because he has the most room. 

And "shore up the o'line in the draft"? Do you know how much we need on the o-line? It's not like we're missing one piece. We have 1 legit starter on the O-line, and that's after 2 offseasons. We're supposed to believe that they're going to find 4 in one? 

We have no starter quality WR"s or TE's. Our 2 best RB's are both 30. 

It's a total mess. It's almost hard to believe we're this bereft of talent after 2 offseasons. Even by shear, dumb luck we should have more than this. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just wish there was more insight, more thought than you the fans have to eat poop and someday we'll be winning big. 

Eat this poop because building a culture takes time and don't you worry, our elite culture will meaningfully differentiate us from the rest of the league and will pay off with winning. 

We're building this thing and learning how to win with a young team. 

Yeah, but I think every fan wishes for more insight.  But we pay coaches not to be fans, to make smart media relations decisions.  If he gives that insight, and he then misspeaks or is too honest, he will be crucified by the media and the fans.  I mean, that is exactly what happened to Whaley.  At the end of the day, the fans are pissed and nothing he says is going to make it better.  It can only make it worse.  It is a no win scenario.  His best bet is always to stay tight lipped. 

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don't think that matters.

We need a progressive offensive mind leading the team, and just ask him to keep Leslie Frazier as DC so there's no turnover on that side of the ball. 

We need a coach capable of fielding a modern NFL offense. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I listened to the post-game show last night, and Sean McDermott is out of answers folks. When his team gets kicked in the teeth, he pulls out his Dick Jauron cue cards repeats the most bland answers and cliches. 

First question out of the gate: "your offense has 2 Touchdowns in the last 5 games, explain it" and McDermott leads with "the defense came out and played well at times"... "go back and find answers". 

On McCoy's ineffectiveness as a runner - "making sure we are giving LeSean opportunities, and I have to go back and look at the tape" - HEY SEAN, MAYBE STOP ALLOWING SWEEPS AND PITCHES TO THE EDGES

"Learn from our mistakes"

"We are developing a football team"

"Learn from the tape"

From your time in the NFL could you recall any offense you've been a part of that has struggled like this? .... "establish the line of scrimmage early, thought we did some of that early, they made adjustments, and we weren't able to sustain it really the rest of the game

Derek Anderson evaluation: "thought he made some good throws, and he had some throws he'd like back"

What is holding Derek Anderson's back: "being able to establish the run game ... stay in 3rd and manageable"

Why is first down such a problem? "Can't get it going"

And so I ask Bills fans, do McDermott's answers bother you? Because they aggravate me. You have Bills fans sitting out there all night to watch a 47 yard and 51 yard FG and they get: we have to study tape harder. They get we are building a culture as we "move this thing forward".  

I think McDermott really thinks that you can line up in 2018 with an extra Tight End and Fullback, and run over teams across a 16-game schedule. That you can line McCoy up and just use the run game to control the line of scrimmage and that still works in the NFL. That you can watch tape, correct mistakes, and learn to be good offensively. That stay in 3rd and manageable is an accomplishment. 

Halfway through the season, 11-13 as a Coach and I think McDermott is out of answers. If he was gifted Alvin Kamara today he wouldn't know how to use him. He'd slam him into the line 8 times and talk about physicality. 

This is a rebuilding year.

Rebuilding years suck.

As a head coach he can’t come out and say, “ We gutted the team for salary cap purposes and the offensive skill players we have aren’t good  enough to win with.”

He has to BS his way through this season. 

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

You're overrating what we have and marginalizing how much we need.

What players on the offensive side of the ball do you think are potential legitimate starters on a championship caliber team? That's the end-game here right? A player being young doesn't automatically mean he's going to improve just because he has the most room. 

And "shore up the o'line in the draft"? Do you know how much we need on the o-line? It's not like we're missing one piece. We have 1 legit starter on the O-line, and that's after 2 offseasons. We're supposed to believe that they're going to find 4 in one? 

We have no starter quality WR"s or TE's. Our 2 best RB's are both 30. 

It's a total mess. It's almost hard to believe we're this bereft of talent after 2 offseasons. Even by shear, dumb luck we should have more than this. 

This is an accurate assement. 

As fans we're getting excited when Andre Holmes is catching passes. 

A fringe NFL special teamer is our 3rd WR. 

We are expected according to Chris Brown to get excited that Zay Jones has 6 catches for 55 yards like it means something in the NFL in 2018. 

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

This is a rebuilding year.

Rebuilding years suck.

As a head coach he can’t come out and say, “ We gutted the team for salary cap purposes and the offensive skill players we have aren’t good  enough to win with.”

He has to BS his way through this season. 

Its his answers, but also the philosophy he thinks wins in the NFL. 

He really thinks that lining up and imposing your physical will (with LeSean McCoy) works in the NFL over a 16 game schedule in the NFL. 

Like that really will beat the LA Rams when they go 3-wide 95% of the time. That lining up in the I, or running toss sweeps late in the 3rd quarter against the New England Patriots (scoring 38+ ppg for 4 straight games now) is going to work. 

He can't exactly tell the truth. What's he supposed to say?

We knew the offense would be limited but we didn't expect this total ***** abortion. We thought Nasty Nate was serviceable given his solid preseason. We didn't realize that every time he came in contact with a bed he'd ***** in it. Losing our underwhelming prospect just added insult to injury.

The real question is whether it's our players or OC that suck. We're leaning towards both. These lovable losers become less lovable every day. Half of these guys would be lucky to make another team's practice squad. At this point we're just trying to keep these bums motivated enough to stop making me look bad on TV. 

I guess I'm just not sure what people were expecting this season. I think the playoff run last year set the bar real high for 2018 when in fact, 2018 was always going to be a tough one as they worked through the rebuild.

McDermott's answers don't bother me. It's coachspeak. Most coaches do it. He doesn't owe us or the media anything. And what would you like him to say? Do you want him to start calling out players? Start throwing some position groups under the bus? They've said it from the get-go, they handle everything internally and keep a tight lid on it. So his answers are always going to be bland because he's not going to make any comments in public that could disrupt things behind the scenes. And really, what can he say? It's football, all they can do is regroup and try again. Do you want him to place blame on people? He knows it starts with him, but he also knows that this season was all about growth for the youth movement. I believe their plan was the same as last season, lean on a strong defense to create turnovers and short fields, rely on a decent running game, take your shots where you can and keep it close. Unfortunately, they've had some bad breaks with injuries and unexpected departures (E. Wood) and things just haven't panned out how we all would've liked but what can you do? At the end of the day, I try to see the big picture. They're trying to build something that can sustain success. They had to tear it all down and start fresh. There were always going to be growing pains. 

I mean, how soon people forget that this dude took a team devoid of stars (aside from McCoy) to the playoffs last season. They finished 31st in passing last season. McDermott was able to get quite a lot with very little last year. Even now, he's getting mostly solid performances out of the defense. If that's a sign of things to come then, I'm psyched. In three out of four games against New England, that defense allowed exactly ZERO Tom Brady TD passes. We obviously saw how he can bring a team together as those guys really love playing for each other. You hear Thurman last night say one of the main reasons those 90s Bills teams were so successful was because they were a family. Sounds corny, but McDermott is trying to instill that family atmosphere. This organization has had talented rosters in the past but couldn't come together as a team.

That's not to say "the process" is free from criticism. I think they overestimated what they had on offense but they did try to add some free agents in the off-season and got turned down. That's business, it happens. So many people act like it's a super easy process to sign a free agent. The player has to wanna be here as well. 

I think they tinkered with the OL for too long over the summer. I've said that before. OL's need time to gel so they can play fast and not have to think too much. Obviously losing Eric Wood has been a big detriment to them. He was a team leader and one of the smartest dudes out there and likely would've been super helpful with Allen in terms of calling out the right protections and identifying defensive alignments. Incognito, eh, he started to decline as the season went on last year and if he was as awesome as a lot of this board thinks, he'd be playing somewhere right now.

It's a bummer, yeah, but this is what happens when an organization finally says, "Enough of the band-aids, enough of the quick fixes, enough of the 'we can win now if we just get this guy or that guy' mentality, let's tear it down and start over." And for years I've seen so many people calling for the rebuild. Now they finally go through with it and those same people want heads to roll in the middle of a season. You can't sustain any sort of success if you're constantly in turnover mode. 

It looks bad right now, but honestly, brighter days are coming. No one said it was gonna be easy. Just let these dudes do their work and see what happens. They're here through 2019 at the very least. I'm interested to see what they can do when they (McBeane) have a complete off-season to work together. Just stay the course. And if at the end of 2019 they finish 4-12 or something, then yeah, probably need to reset again. But if they make progress and hit 8-8 or 9-7 again, then they're on the right track. I dunno. I'm just gonna watch it play out. At the end of the day, it's a game and if they don't get it right this time, well, the team ain't going anywhere so they'll just take another crack at it with different personnel, wash, rinse, repeat. 

Go Bills.

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We need a progressive offensive mind leading the team, and just ask him to keep Leslie Frazier as DC so there's no turnover on that side of the ball. 

The defense is a combination of things from both McDermott and Frazier... and it was only when McDermott took over play-calling did the defense turn it around, so...

32 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

That was McDermott's choice. 

Yeah, and?

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Believe me, I can't/don't envision Sean McDermott holding a Lombardi over his head. 

But I think that's why he isn't fired yet. 

The Bills continually change their HCs looking for the quick answer and so its Pegula's reputation in the league that further takes hits if he fires McDermott. 

Like FA WR's you have to convince some offensive mind (knowing the Bills they'll go after Mike McCoy or Norv Turner) and spin that as a brilliant OC mind like they did on the defensive side of the ball with Dave Wannstedt. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I listened to the post-game show last night, and Sean McDermott is out of answers folks. When his team gets kicked in the teeth, he pulls out his Dick Jauron cue cards repeats the most bland answers and cliches. 

First question out of the gate: "your offense has 2 Touchdowns in the last 5 games, explain it" and McDermott leads with "the defense came out and played well at times"... "go back and find answers". 

On McCoy's ineffectiveness as a runner - "making sure we are giving LeSean opportunities, and I have to go back and look at the tape" - HEY SEAN, MAYBE STOP ALLOWING SWEEPS AND PITCHES TO THE EDGES

"Learn from our mistakes"

"We are developing a football team"

"Learn from the tape"

From your time in the NFL could you recall any offense you've been a part of that has struggled like this? .... "establish the line of scrimmage early, thought we did some of that early, they made adjustments, and we weren't able to sustain it really the rest of the game

Derek Anderson evaluation: "thought he made some good throws, and he had some throws he'd like back"

What is holding Derek Anderson's back: "being able to establish the run game ... stay in 3rd and manageable"

Why is first down such a problem? "Can't get it going"

And so I ask Bills fans, do McDermott's answers bother you? Because they aggravate me. You have Bills fans sitting out there all night to watch a 47 yard and 51 yard FG and they get: we have to study tape harder. They get we are building a culture as we "move this thing forward".  

I think McDermott really thinks that you can line up in 2018 with an extra Tight End and Fullback, and run over teams across a 16-game schedule. That you can line McCoy up and just use the run game to control the line of scrimmage and that still works in the NFL. That you can watch tape, correct mistakes, and learn to be good offensively. That stay in 3rd and manageable is an accomplishment. 

Halfway through the season, 11-13 as a Coach and I think McDermott is out of answers. If he was gifted Alvin Kamara today he wouldn't know how to use him. He'd slam him into the line 8 times and talk about physicality. 

No.  Most coaches talk like this.  They aren't going to get all emotional.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tear an offense down to nothing. 

And replace one piece, the Quarterback with a QB that was marginal at Wyoming. 

That's it. 

Cut your WR signing (Kerley) and trade (Coleman) and best UDFA (Foster). 

Clearly they saw something in Kerley in practice that they didn't like, or they figured there was a cheaper option that was able to do what he does and they could save money. If Kerley was *that* good, he'd be on a team right now but he isn't. Coleman was a longshot from the start. The Pats cut him as well. He's currently on the Giants practice squad. Best UDFA is Foster? He flashed in pre-season a couple of times but didn't do anything once the season began. I like Cam Phillips a bit more.

46 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No. He doesn't need to be a Hall of Famer.

I just don't think we should be committing ourselves to a HC who has fielded nothing but horrendous offenses. A guy who has shown no ability to evaluate QBs. A guy who insists on trading talent away so he can have guys who fit his culture, even if they can't perform on the field. A guy whose football team is now featuring the worst offense the NFL has seen in 20 years. 

What are we doing here? The NFL is about scoring points and we're still playing games not to lose, which never works out. 

McDermott is trying to win games 14-13 when the top teams in the NFL are doing the opposite, trying to win shootouts 35-30. Our whole approach is out of date and it's blatantly obvious on the field that McDermott's coaching philosophy doesn't lineup with what's happening in the modern NFL.

This is 100% McDermott and Beane's choice.

They're the ones who got rid of everyone we drafted except 3 guys prior to the 2017 season. 

Anybody with half a brain,  hell 1/4 of a brain knew this was a throw away year to clear up cap and to prepare us for free agency and the draft next year. The alternative was to continue floundering at 7-9, 9-7. They didn’t want to get stuck with the high contract price of getting a veteran that would have wanted a longer term deal, as they wanted a young qb that doesn’t cost much while on a rookie deal. That’s the plan, build a team from the ground up, build it for the long haul. Yes it can be painful, but if done correctly can provide for years of entertaining teams. Unfortunately this board is filled with people who are impatient petulant children who think they can build that overnight. There were issues left over from the previous people running this team that needed to be addressed. Obviously the Pegulas approved the plan as it is being executed. Time will tell how far their patience will extend and if this was the right plan. But to come here and complain day after day, week after week and act like this is the finished product is completely asinine. With the cap as it is, self inflicted or not, we were never going to be able to compete for what the ultimate goal should be winning a Super Bowl. So if that’s the case, getting younger players field time and to be able to experience the growing pains now is invaluable. While the silent majority is observing the play and growth of the 1st and second year players and understanding the plan, this board is filled with vocal morons complaining that we just needed to tweak the team for Tyrod and Marcel. So has this process been perfect? Far from it, some mistakes have been made, but acting like continuing the path we were on was going to end up with us hoisting the Lombardi, idiocy at its best... SMH It’s almost unbearable coming here these days....

32 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You say this as if when these players get older it guarantees us a better team.

LOL, what?! Dude... I stated a simple fact. There's no deeper meaning behind it. 40% of the current Bills roster is made up of 1st or 2nd year players. The end.

17 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Correct, people look at average age which gets stretched older due to Lorax, Kyle Williams, Derek Anderson now and a few others who I would say are "old" for their positions.

The one thing that worries me is that we obviously need to go all in on offense... but arguably two of our best pass rushers (not including Hughes) are quite up there in age

Sure, Kyle and Lorax negatively impact that average age but it works the other way too for the stat they used last night. 40 percent are 1/2nd year players. How many of those guys are replacement level players and will they even be here again next year? 

36 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

30th in average age. 

And Derek Anderson didn't help this. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2017-edition/

Age-wise, yeah... but experience-wise, they have a lot of inexperienced players at the moment. There's also Lorenzo and Kyle, but those dudes are valuable leaders and both have been playing exceptionally well.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I see a train stop ahead......it would be a good place for the bandwagon to get a little lighter

Door is thhhhhhaaaatawaaaay........feel free to use it

Bandwagon. 

You have to be kidding me? 

That lady they showed last night, praying that the Bills could score a single TD, and her head dropping when Anderson (now 6 turnovers in 2 games) throws a brutal pick-6. 

Yeah its the fans who are bandwagoners. 

When is this franchise ever held accountable? 

Nope, drag out old 1992 legends and keep pretending. When in doubt, get Jim Kelly to shake some hands, call out Chris Berman to give a speech. 

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No they don’t need an “offensive consultant”. They need players.

Bandwagon. 

You have to be kidding me? 

That lady they showed last night, praying that the Bills could score a single TD, and her head dropping when Anderson (now 6 turnovers in 2 games) throws a brutal pick-6. 

Yeah its the fans who are bandwagoners. 

When is this franchise ever held accountable? 

Nope, drag out old 1992 legends and keep pretending. When in doubt, get Jim Kelly to shake some hands, call out Chris Berman to give a speech. 

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I see a train stop ahead......it would be a good place for the bandwagon to get a little lighter

Door is thhhhhhaaaatawaaaay........feel free to use it

So you're essentially admitting that you believe being a homer is part of being a fan. If you disagree with management or don't think they're getting the job done...you shouldn't be a fan of the team. So that means anything you say has to be taken with a huge grain of salt because you believe part of being a fan is to blindly agree with everything management does, right?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

So you're essentially admitting that you believe being a homer is part of being a fan. If you disagree with management or don't think they're getting the job done...you shouldn't be a fan of the team. So that means anything you say has to be taken with a huge grain of salt because you believe part of being a fan is to blindly agree with everything management does, right?

I think they are losing on purpose

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think they are losing on purpose

Completely irrelevant. You just told people who have been debating, civilly, about the job the GM and coach are doing without ever mentioning wanting to stop being a Bills fan to jump off the bandwagon...meaning you believe that being a fan means you should just support management at every turn.

At least own that you think being a homer for management is part of being a fan, because you just very bluntly demonstrated it. 

There is not a chance they are losing on purpose. 

How many threads are we going to see that cry about the same damn thing?  Here is the reality:  our offense stinks right now.  It stinks because we lost a couple linemen we didn't plan on losing, in a league where linemen are at a premium.  We have a rookie QB that was playing till he got hurt, and now we have to use a backup - and exactly how many times do teams playing rookie QBs or backups do well?  Our WR corps is not that great either, and we have a RB that is beginning to show signs of age, and who is trying like hell to help the team but whose dancing around is right now hurting rather than helping. 

So they need a major infusion of talent on that side of the ball.  Now, how do they get that?  By sticking to their plan.  They came to town with a plan to reinvent the team.  They have cap space and raft picks to start doing that.  We will see how they do with that.  Right now we don't know, despite all this crap about not being able to evaluate talent, etc, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah.

The rest of this year will suck.  No question.  So will reading that same old crap from the same old people with the same old lines about firing people.  When every single person here knows that's not happening.

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Completely irrelevant. You just told people who have been debating, civilly, about the job the GM and coach are doing without ever mentioning wanting to stop being a Bills fan to jump off the bandwagon...meaning you believe that being a fan means you should just support management at every turn.

At least own that you think being a homer for management is part of being a fan, because you just very bluntly demonstrated it. 

WTF....how is it irrelevent...if they are losing on purpose then they are doing EXACTLY WHAT THEY SET OUT TO DO

It has nothing to do with being a homer...it has to do with waiting to see the final product...which is not coming this season.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

There is not a chance they are losing on purpose. 

How many threads are we going to see that cry about the same damn thing?  Here is the reality:  our offense stinks right now.  It stinks because we lost a couple linemen we didn't plan on losing, in a league where linemen are at a premium.  We have a rookie QB that was playing till he got hurt, and now we have to use a backup - and exactly how many times do teams playing rookie QBs or backups do well?  Our WR corps is not that great either, and we have a RB that is beginning to show signs of age, and who is trying like hell to help the team but whose dancing around is right now hurting rather than helping. 

So they need a major infusion of talent on that side of the ball.  Now, how do they get that?  By sticking to their plan.  They came to town with a plan to reinvent the team.  They have cap space and raft picks to start doing that.  We will see how they do with that.  Right now we don't know, despite all this crap about not being able to evaluate talent, etc, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah.

The rest of this year will suck.  No question.  So will reading that same old crap from the same old people with the same old lines about firing people.  When every single person here knows that's not happening.

And why do you think they are allowing it to be this bad.....just think about it for a minute.....

If they hated it THAT much...they would have already fired Deboll

NO attempts to improve what they know is a horrible OL and WR situation.....NO ATTEMPTS

They are not telling the team to go out there and lose...they CANT do that...they can in fact just not put in short term fixes to improve their situation....that is how you tank

36 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Hughes is still performing at a high level, and they like the intensity he brings. They're also big on how he practices and like having him around to set an example for those inexperienced players on how to be a pro and how to maintain your health so you can play into your 30's.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

WTF....how is it irrelevent...if they are losing on purpose then they are doing EXACTLY WHAT THEY SET OUT TO DO

It has nothing to do with being a homer...it has to do with waiting to see the final product...which is not coming this season.

Because that's YOUR opinion, and you're telling people that if they don't agree with management, they shouldn't be fans of the team anymore. That has EVERYTHING to do with being a homer. It's the very definition. 

If you're just debating that you believe Beane and McDermott have a direction and that you feel they're doing a great job...whatever...but telling people they should jump off the bandwagon if they don't think that is telling people to be blind followers. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

An Innovative Offensive Mind that has experience developing QBs. John Defilippo comes to mind. 

Chris Peterson 

Lincoln Riley 

How about anybody but this loser. He’s out coached time and time again. His teams aren’t prepared. If people can complain about the players not executing, look no further than the coach. 

Lets not sit her and ask who’s going to be our next coach. Everyone wants to ask this question. Like if you fire this coach now, nobody will want to come to this team. Obviously anyone with a brain would refuse to coach such a team with no talent. Well, first question is, why does this team have no talent? Well, the short answer is McDermott. When he, and Beane, came in he traded away multiple parts that were here and are now playing well for other teams. For the ones they didn’t trade, they allowed to walk in FA. 

Dareus (still paying his contract)

Watkins

Woods

Hogan

Goodwin

Darby

Brown

Gaines

These are just off the top of my head. Not that all these players are very good. But they were all bodies. They all started for us. And they all start for other teams now. Most of them producing. 

In return, we are still paying good portions of other people’s contracts (50m+ in dead cap). Look no further than this coach for letting these players go, or trading them because they didn’t meet his ridiculous standards. At some point we need football players. Not a bunch of William and Mary lunch pail guys. 

We replaced all of those guys with other bodies that aren’t as good or aren’t as good yet. The coach and GM are to blame.