The number of blowout losses under McBean is astounding

saundena

I've been slow to criticize and cast too much doubt on McBean le given the talent that comprises this team. I've been a "trust the process" guy since after the Atlanta game last year.  Being in a position to get into the '17 Playoffs even if we had a lot of help makes we want to give McBeane the benefit of the doubt. 

But, I'm finding that hard to do any more especially when looking at their body of work as a whole.  Including the playoff game last year, they have been the head honcho for 24 games.  8 of those games have been blowout losses.  Seriously, 1/3 of of all games that we've played in since last season have been horrific losses where we look totally outclassed and I'll prepared. 

That's on Beane and McDermott.  Yes, we don't have a lot of talent, but part of the reason why that is is due to the personnel decisions we've made. Although I agree with some of their moves, it does seem like they put character and mindset above raw talent in many cases.  It's just so unbelievable how Jekyl and Hyde we are. We look so prepared for MIN, let look like a bunch of clowns playing grab@ss in GB. 

They talk about the Process as if they have significant experience doing this, but really they are greener than "Crayola Green" in their respective roles. 

I think we could see management decisions forced on McBeane at the end of this year if we continue to be blown out in such spectacular fashion (ie forcing a new OC, hiring a football czar... something).

Both are safe this year, but if we don't make the playoffs next year, I think they are both gone.

PS any of you stats guys/gals care to take a look at the ratio of points for : points against for all of last year up through today?  I'd be interested to see where the bills are at.  I bet we are last by a wide margin.

Edited by saundena
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 10

They're definitely trending in the wrong direction.

The offense is a dumpster fire, and they've shown no ability whatsoever that suggests they know how to develop a QB.

Monday night might be a real disaster. If we get obliterated on the National Stage his seat should start warming up. 

• Like (+1) 5

I was actually going to write pretty much what you did. I agree with your assessment of the personnel decisions. It is their doing that they have very little talent on offense. Character over talent, be a coach and take control of egos and coach your team. Nice post IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

But but but we're rebuilding.......LOL>...this is the biggest crock of crap......our 2nd year under this regime is definately a lost cause and if anyone thinks 3rd year is going to vastly improve 180 is kidding themselves.....Ok we have the 80 cap next year.....likely a top 5 draft pick....ask  yourself from what we have seen so far do you really think these guys know how to build an offense?

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Add Monday night to the list.  If your going to put 5k down on a game, it's going to be Monday night.

have a feeling i am going big on the Bills on Monday..i won't be able to help myself with 98% of the money on the Pats...

We're not rebuilding, we're regressing.  McDermott is best at clapping; Beane is best at bringing in mediocrities and dumping servicable quarterbacks in favor of losers like Peterman, and Terry needs to spend big money on someone with experience, success, and knowledge to oversee this travesty.

• Thank you (+1) 3

So the question is, who fires McDermott? Beane? Or Pegula? I actually like the talent they've brought in (though I didn't think it required jettisoning all the talent we had to begin with) but the coaching, my god... It's like watching Chan Gailey's teams except instead of being proficient on offense, it's the defense that's good. I was on the bandwagon until this game. I mean, how? How do you come that unprepared to a game against a 1-5 Colts team? Embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Luka said:

So the question is, who fires McDermott? Beane? Or Pegula? I actually like the talent they've brought in (though I didn't think it required jettisoning all the talent we had to begin with) but the coaching, my god... It's like watching Chan Gailey's teams except instead of being proficient on offense, it's the defense that's good. I was on the bandwagon until this game. I mean, how? How do you come that unprepared to a game against a 1-5 Colts team? Embarrassing.

Kim won’t. She fills,the house

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

SO rex had talent and was .500.  MCD & Beane inherited that talent and got rid of it?

So tired of the Process and people believing that the Bills will be fine in 2022 with these 2......  

Gotta wonder who is driving the bus over there.