Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Toxic masculinity?"  All three are less toxic and masculine than Hillary...

(And I told you Beto's being groomed.)

After watching months of the media and liberal twitter fawn over Beto, it might be more accurate to say he's being fluffed.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Schiff is like a robot - he only speaks when he's programmed to do so. Even off camera, he's almost lifeless until you directly address him and even then he "processes" before speaking. Swalwell just speaks without thinking. Which is terrible form for an attorney.

Top attorney's are not politicians, so yeah that makes perfect sense. 

Bloomberg will give it a go -- and he's not "toxic masculine".

But he is a rich white guy who likes to throw money around.  That kind of cuts against the Democratic mantra.  He will be rejected by the Democrats after they wring him out for more $$ whatever way they can.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/us/politics/mike-bloomberg-democrats-election.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/18/opinion/bloomberg-college-donation-financial-aid.html

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Kasich: I’m very seriously considering running for president — if only to send a message

jk-1.jpg

The message sent will be “Remember why you dislike John Kasich?”

:lol:

Because he's the son of a mailman!? 

Honestly, I don't recall much else about that slimy squish, well, except that he is a slimy squish. 

Note: I have nothing against my mailman. He brings me Amazon packages, so I actually kinda like him.

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Because he's the son of a mailman!? 

Honestly, I don't recall much else about that slimy squish, well, except that he is a slimy squish. 

Note: I have nothing against my mailman. He brings me Amazon packages, so I actually kinda like him.

He admits to being the son of a mailman?  Who's the "father" that raised him?

All I remember about Kasich's primary run is that he played the nice guy/middle ground hand.  Everyone ignored him until it was down to the last three, and then when the attention was turned on him, everyone seemed to notice that he's never going to be President. 

What I remember more about Kasich is the fact that ever since he dropped out of the primaries, he's been a sore loser b-itch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

He admits to being the son of a mailman?  Who's the "father" that raised him?

All I remember about Kasich's primary run is that he played the nice guy/middle ground hand.  Everyone ignored him until it was down to the last three, and then when the attention was turned on him, everyone seemed to notice that he's never going to be President. 

What I remember more about Kasich is the fact that ever since he dropped out of the primaries, he's been a sore loser b-itch.

He made a pledge, like every other Republican candidate for President, that he would support whoever the eventual nominee was. He lied.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Jesse Ventura: Donald Trump 'will not have a chance' if I run for president

"I haven't made a decision yet because it's a long time off, but if I do do it, rest assured ... If I do do it, Trump will not have a chance," Ventura, 67, told TMZ on Tuesday. "Because for one, Trump knows wrestling — he's participated in two WrestleManias. He knows he can never out-talk a wrestler, and I am the greatest talker wrestling's ever had. So if I go for it, he's history and he knows it."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jesse-ventura-donald-trump-will-not-have-a-chance-if-i-run-for-president

?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ALF said:

Jesse Ventura: Donald Trump 'will not have a chance' if I run for president

"I haven't made a decision yet because it's a long time off, but if I do do it, rest assured ... If I do do it, Trump will not have a chance," Ventura, 67, told TMZ on Tuesday. "Because for one, Trump knows wrestling — he's participated in two WrestleManias. He knows he can never out-talk a wrestler, and I am the greatest talker wrestling's ever had. So if I go for it, he's history and he knows it."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jesse-ventura-donald-trump-will-not-have-a-chance-if-i-run-for-president

?

I'm impressed.  And I don't impress easily.

Here we go: Hillary third in new 2020 Democratic primary poll

Thank the lord for a little easy Hillary content on a slow news day.

“Some in Clintonworld say Hillary fully intends to be the nominee,” wrote Maureen Dowd yesterday of her chats with Clinton cronies. “Her consigliere, Philippe Reines, has prodded reporters on including her name when they write about 2020 candidates.” Bill has allegedly told friends that she knows how she’d run next time, with a scaled-down campaign in which she speaks from the heart instead of scripting everything.

Which raises a horrifying question: What would Hillary Clinton speaking from the heart sound like?

Anyway, it’s not happening. Early primary polls are nothing more or less than tests of name recognition and there may be no person alive today in America apart from ex-presidents whose name is recognized as much as Hillary Clinton’s is. If she’s not leading in the early polls, she surely won’t surge in later ones. In fact, her favorable rating here is a cozy 39/55, which ought to remind Democratic voters of one of her most dubious distinctions from 2016: Somehow she lost a popularity contest to Donald Trump. She may be the only Democrat in the country with a national profile who was capable of doing so.

More at the link:

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“Some in Clintonworld say Hillary fully intends to be the nominee,” wrote Maureen Dowd yesterday of her chats with Clinton cronies. “Her consigliere, Philippe Reines, has prodded reporters on including her name when they write about 2020 candidates.” Bill has allegedly told friends that she knows how she’d run next time, with a scaled-down campaign in which she speaks from the heart instead of scripting everything.

Which raises a horrifying question: What would Hillary Clinton speaking from the heart sound like?

Anyway, it’s not happening. Early primary polls are nothing more or less than tests of name recognition and there may be no person alive today in America apart from ex-presidents whose name is recognized as much as Hillary Clinton’s is. If she’s not leading in the early polls, she surely won’t surge in later ones. In fact, her favorable rating here is a cozy 39/55, which ought to remind Democratic voters of one of her most dubious distinctions from 2016: Somehow she lost a popularity contest to Donald Trump. She may be the only Democrat in the country with a national profile who was capable of doing so.

More at the link:

In 2016 she cleared the field rather easily leaving the initially apparent straw man Sanders as her "opponent."  I still think that the Clintons hold the dirt that would paralyze other contenders including Biden.  Hillary is laying low and has been to stay out of the media light.  I expect her to be fully active in seeking the nomination by springtime of next year.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Democrats hoist Hillary up again for a 2020 run I'll be convinced politics is professional wrestling and the Democrats are simply the paid "heels" in the story.

It is surprising that the Democrats will have had four years to find and craft a superior and moderate candidate to Trump and they still have a bunch of never will be's.  

Joe Biden?  Really?  He's as old and as big of a liar and story teller as Trump is.  Elizabeth Warren is a flake.  America hates the Clintons to such a degree that most felt they had no choice but to vote for Trump.  Bloomberg doesn't have the energy to run for President.  Nobody cares about Kamala Harris.  

Edited by dpberr

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If the Democrats hoist Hillary up again for a 2020 run I'll be convinced politics is professional wrestling and the Democrats are simply the paid "heels" in the story.

It is surprising that the Democrats will have had four years to find and craft a superiormoderate candidate to Trump and they still have a bunch of never will be's.  

Joe Biden?  Really?  He's as old and as big of a liar and story teller as Trump is.  Elizabeth Warren is a flake.  America hates the Clintons to such a degree that most felt they had no choice but to vote for Trump.  Bloomberg doesn't have the energy to run for President.  Nobody cares about Kamala Harris.  

As far as the analogy to pro wrestling it is apt where the Democrats are concerned and you have the Clintons to thank for that.  Any serious competition in that party is waiting for Hillary to fade away in terms of health or other factors.  Too much slow pitch softball was played where Hillary was concerned in 2016 to think that the contest was not fixed.  Does the media sacrifice the remaining tiniest smidgeon of credibility away to pamper Hillary for 2020?  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

It is surprising that the Democrats will have had four years to find and craft a superior and moderate candidate to Trump and they still have a bunch of never will be's.  

It's not that surprising. During Obama's war on America, the Republicans had 8 years to come up with a plan and then Trump throttled them. Both parties seem to be out of touch with the majority of Americans.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

More at the link:

Presuming that she has a heart, and that's quite a presumption, her way of speaking from the heart would be a series of "I don't feel no way tarred" or how she dodged sniper gunfire after landing in Bosnia. How can a liar speak from the heart?

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Think feeder pools.

To make a football analogy:  Why are we seeing a dearth of NFL ready quarterbacks coming out of the draft?

Because colleges aren't producing as many strong armed pocket passers as they used to, because the college game has changed, and the NFL model QB feeder pools have gone dry.

To wit:  Democrats aren't fielding strong viable national candidates because they aren't winning local and state elections, so they have very few young stars on their bench gaining name recognition, and branding themselves as credentialed candidates for federal elections.  In the places they do win state and locals, the liberal strongholds of the country; those elected officials tend to represent the extreme fringes of the bases who elect them, and aren't palatable to the national electorate.  

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

To wit:  Democrats aren't fielding strong viable national candidates because they aren't winning local and state elections, so they have very few young stars on their bench gaining name recognition, and branding themselves as credentialed candidates for federal elections.  In the places they do win state and locals, the liberal strongholds of the country; those elected officials tend to represent the extreme fringes of the bases who elect them, and aren't palatable to the national electorate.  

C'mon man, they have Lieawatha, who was caught lying about her cultural heritage, and lying about using that fake heritage to advance her academic and political career. Kamala Harris, who got caught faking a video about Kavanaugh lying, and Sparticus, who got caught pretending to be a rebel who ignored the rules. Let's not forget about Creepy Uncle Joe, as well!

Their bench is stocked!

30 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

C'mon man, they have Lieawatha, who was caught lying about her cultural heritage, and lying about using that fake heritage to advance her academic and political career. Kamala Harris, who got caught faking a video about Kavanaugh lying, and Sparticus, who got caught pretending to be a rebel who ignored the rules. Let's not forget about Creepy Uncle Joe, as well!

Their bench is stocked!

Every one of those potential candidates have skeletons in their closet and can be mocked to no end. Just think of Joe Biden and his "Villages" song.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

2024.  He'll give a keynote speech at the Democratic Convention in 2020.  He's being groomed like Obama was.

Democrats don't have policies.  They have cults of personality.

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Beto!

Beto is not going to wait until 2024 if this continues to be the message out of Iowa.  And if some Dem wins in 2020, then Beto's got to wait until 2028.  The problem with Beto not waiting is that no other candidate will just step aside to let him in.  The run up to 2020 is going to be supremely entertaining.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iowa-democrats-say-they-want-generational-change-1543833001

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Beto is not going to wait until 2024 if this continues to be the message out of Iowa.  And if some Dem wins in 2020, then Beto's got to wait until 2028.  The problem with Beto not waiting is that no other candidate will just step aside to let him in.  The run up to 2020 is going to be supremely entertaining.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iowa-democrats-say-they-want-generational-change-1543833001

He'll have to wait until 2024.  He doesn't have the national exposure yet to make a 2020 run, and the Democrats won't waste him in a year when their only platform is "Orange Man Bad."  The Democrats will make sure he gets national exposure during the 2020 cycle, with a promise to crown him His Royal Democratic Highness in 2024. 

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

2024.  He'll give a keynote speech at the Democratic Convention in 2020.  He's being groomed like Obama was.

Democrats don't have policies.  They have cults of personality.

Are they ceding the 2020 to Trump?

This is his best chance.  If a D wins in 2020 he won't be able to run in 2024 and would a fool to run in 2028 if the D wins a second term.  So then it's 2032 when he'll be 60 with a long track record and more baggage.

If he's gonna run, now is the time IMHO.

23 hours ago, DC Tom said:

He'll have to wait until 2024.  He doesn't have the national exposure yet to make a 2020 run, and the Democrats won't waste him in a year when their only platform is "Orange Man Bad."  The Democrats will make sure he gets national exposure during the 2020 cycle, with a promise to crown him His Royal Democratic Highness in 2024. 

Maybe but Dems likely see Trump as a weak incumbent with very high negatives which might motivate some like Beto to run in 2020 that would otherwise wait.  He got a lot of exposure this last cycle against Cruz.  Will likely be a huge Dem field in 2020 and again in 2024 if Trump manages to win.  

Flake (or someone else) on the other hand who hates Trump might run as an independent and Ross Perot-bomb Trump.   

23 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Maybe but Dems likely see Trump as a weak incumbent with very high negatives which might motivate some like Beto to run in 2020 that would otherwise wait.  He got a lot of exposure this last cycle against Cruz.  Will likely be a huge Dem field in 2020 and again in 2024 if Trump manages to win.  

Flake (or someone else) on the other hand who hates Trump might run as an independent and Ross Perot-bomb Trump.   

Flake is nothing like Perot. The outsider is already the president. Those dynamics just aren't there.

• Like (+1) 3