Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

In politics, having the right enemies is a necessity. Trumptards hating her is a total political asset. Since Trump became President with his scapegoating of immigrants hate rhetoric, immigrants have become way more positively thought of: https://news.gallup.com/poll/235793/record-high-americans-say-immigration-good-thing.aspx

The country likes immigrants more than Republicans! 

Warren is riding high right now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In politics, having the right enemies is a necessity. Trumptards hating her is a total political asset. Since Trump became President with his scapegoating of immigrants hate rhetoric, immigrants have become way more positively thought of: https://news.gallup.com/poll/235793/record-high-americans-say-immigration-good-thing.aspx

The country likes immigrants more than Republicans! 

Warren is riding high right now. 

Nobody hates Warren.  We pity her, because she's pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Tries to be one of the cool kids like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez by livestreaming herself drinking beer in her kitchen, but comes across more like Mike Dukakis on his disastrous tank ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDEPtS68CM

?

Alcoholism in Native Americans is twice the national average.  Pound that beer, Fauxcahontas.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Which puts her a couple of miles ahead of Trump in the ways of intelligence. He is a rotten, ignorant, closed minded leader of losers 

Funny, that's exactly how many on this board could describe you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

ELIZABETH WARREN’S “DUKAKIS TANK” MOMENT:

The release of her DNA test results right before the midterms is almost uniformly seen as a public relations disaster, from which she still is trying to recover. Rather than confirm the validity of her claim when she was climbing the law professor ladder to Harvard to be Native American, it turned her into a laughingstock.

Then Warren announced her candidacy on New Year’s Eve day. What were her handlers thinking? The timing could not have been worse. Perhaps they thought that in a slow news cycle her announcement would dominate the headlines in a good way. Instead, with little else going on, it gave even left-leaning media the opportunity to express doubts about her. And that slow news cycle ended up being dominated by Trump announcing on television that only Warren’s psychiatrist knows whether Warren actually believes she can win.

All those mistakes are dwarfed by what Warren did on New Year’s Eve. She went on Instagram live to drink beer in her kitchen. Seriously.

It’s obvious that she was trying to mimic Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the far-left Democrat rising star, who has made a name for herself, among other ways, by live streaming her meal preparation from her kitchen.

As Jaclyn Cashman adds at the Boston Herald, “Just hours after announcing her 2020 Exploratory Committee, with her first Iowa stop freshly booked, Warren went full Dukakis:”

Beer has a time-honored place in presidential politics. But this resident of Cambridge’s la-di-dah Linnaean Street and erstwhile Harvard elitist is really an extra oaky chardonnay kind of lady. Her poor husband was so befuddled — apparently not fully clued in on the stunt — that when she offered him one he declined. More of a 20-year-old tawny port sipper, no doubt.

The most authentic thing about the video, in fact, was its bogusness: Warren once again trying to pretend she is something she is not.

This time, an average beer-drinking American. Warren looked about as natural as former President Barack Obama in that awkward “Beer Summit” after he insulted the Cambridge cop.

Speaking of bogusness, it’s also a John Kerry moment:

The liberal firebrand pointed to her dog, Bailey, who was also in the kitchen and who accompanied her earlier in the day.

“And I went out and talked to the press, and Bailey went out — it was his first press conference — and my husband Bruce [Mann] was with me,” Warren said.

Seconds later, Warren’s apparent craving struck: “Hold on a second — I’m gonna get me a beer,” she said, as she walked out of view of the camera.

“Can I get a me a hunting license here?”

13 hours ago, Tiberius said:

She is competent and Trump is incompetent. She will be a huge improvement. But Putin will be unhappy. Boo hoo.

Please list her major legislative accomplishments. While you're at it, detail her foreign policy credentials.

As a bonus: describe how her platform of 'free ***** for everyone' is going to be paid for without taxing our economy into oblivion (without forcing everyone to buy Pow Wow Chow books to cover the costs.)

7 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Please list her major legislative accomplishments. While you're at it, detail her foreign policy credentials.

As a bonus: describe how her platform of 'free ***** for everyone' is going to be paid for without taxing our economy into oblivion (without forcing everyone to buy Pow Wow Chow books to cover the costs.)

Don't have to, she will be a hundred times better than the child in the WH now. 

You guys should settle down, she's getting under your skin already, LOL! 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

She's under my skin, because I asked for her accomplishments?

Riiiiight...

• Like (+1) 1

Stick to cleaning peoples dirty underwear. That's what you're good at.

A Trump support implying another candidate isn't qualified....

Image result for laughing

I implied no such thing. It's interesting that your mind (such as it is) went there, though. Feelings of inadequacy when discussing whether or not she's capable of doing the job?

Just have some Pow Wow Chow to feel better. Real 1/1024th Native American family recipes stolen directly from French cookbooks!

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When asked if he believes Warren thinks she can unseat him, Trump replied, "Well, that I don’t know. You'd have to ask her psychiatrist."

And now this...

How DARE Trump make disparaging comments about the mentally ill! #RESIST #IMPEACH

4 hours ago, ALF said:

If Biden is ok for his age I think he could be the nominee in 2020. Serve 4 or less years then his VP could continue,  Amy Klobuchar or maybe Beto

A white man will be unable to attain the nomination. The Democratic party would fully implode and cannibalise itself.

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When asked if he believes Warren thinks she can unseat him, Trump replied, "Well, that I don’t know. You'd have to ask her psychiatrist."

And now this...

That's ***** sick. There is nothing wrong with her treating a mental illness.

Edit:. Not sick that Trump said that given the leaders, including Warren, have attacked Trump's mental health and overall health. That's just par for the course.

What's sick is that it is actually out there and used as ridicule. 

Edited by Boyst62

14 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

A white man will be unable to attain the nomination. The Democratic party would fully implode and cannibalise itself.

That's ***** sick. There is nothing wrong with her treating a mental illness.

Edit:. Not sick that Trump said that given the leaders, including Warren, have attacked Trump's mental health and overall health. That's just par for the course.

What's sick is that it is actually out there and used as ridicule. 

Kind of wondered about that myself.  The Democrats have played the identity political card so much that a white man does not have much of a chance for nomination unless perhaps he was gay or Muslim.  I think that even Al Gore would be seen more as one of them instead of one of us by many Democratic supporters.

Edited by RochesterRob

14 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I implied no such thing. It's interesting that your mind (such as it is) went there, though. Feelings of inadequacy when discussing whether or not she's capable of doing the job?

Just have some Pow Wow Chow to feel better. Real 1/1024th Native American family recipes stolen directly from French cookbooks!

How DARE Trump make disparaging comments about the mentally ill! #RESIST #IMPEACH

Sure you did, you are being dishonest. No wonder you like Trump. 

Then you go on and admit we were discussing whether she can do the job? Yes! So you implied she couldn't, lol. Too easy. 

Just now, Koko78 said:

Yeah... nice to see that your level of reading comprehension is still negligible.

No, I called you out and this is what I get from you! Trumptard! You don't even know what you are arguing about. 

And back to your point, I find it so hypocritical you want to know Warren's qualifications at the same time you support Trump. That's purely retarded! 

Totally retarded! 

Just now, Tiberius said:

No, I called you out and this is what I get from you! Trumptard! You don't even know what you are arguing about. 

And back to your point, I find it so hypocritical you want to know Warren's qualifications at the same time you support Trump. That's purely retarded! 

Totally retarded! 

Why is it hypocritical to want to know?  Trump has been in full view for all to see with his business including both successes and failures.  Besides being an academic at Harvard what else do we know?  Being an academic does not automatically qualify you to be a politician.  

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yet you continue to refuse to answer a simple question about her legislative accomplishments or foreign policy credentials. Should be easy to list a significant bill she's written, one would think. Would have been easier than to redirect the conversation to Trump, who I had not even mentioned.

TDS combined with a lack of reading comprehension is a hell of a thing.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Why is it hypocritical to want to know?  Trump has been in full view for all to see with his business including both successes and failures.  Besides being an academic at Harvard what else do we know?  Being an academic does not automatically qualify you to be a politician.  

We didn't know he was sucking up to Putin so he could build a hotel there. We didn't know what's in his taxes. We didn't know how the courts would find his corrupt Trump "University." Trump hid more sh it than a sewer pipe. 

But it was easy for everyone to see his incompetence, which he keeps proving everyday. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yet you continue to refuse to answer a simple question about her legislative accomplishments or foreign policy credentials. Should be easy to list a significant bill she's written, one would think. Would have been easier than to redirect the conversation to Trump, who I had not even mentioned.

You are right, and she is still a thousand times more competent than Trump, pure and simple. 

Oh, and get use to the comparsions and deflections to Trump. You earned it! :) 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Do you expect anything less from these people?

TDS is on full blast now throughout this country in every sector.

There is no point in debating these people and I have stopped responding to these people. Trust me, we are better off just minding our own business and just sit back and watch them continue with their mental illness.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We didn't know he was sucking up to Putin so he could build a hotel there. We didn't know what's in his taxes. We didn't know how the courts would find his corrupt Trump "University." Trump hid more sh it than a sewer pipe. 

But it was easy for everyone to see his incompetence, which he keeps proving everyday. 

You did not answer my question which is why is it hypocritical to want to know about Warren's qualifications as it pertains to a high office?

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Do you expect anything less from these people?

TDS is on full blast now throughout this country in every sector.

There is no point in debating these people and I have stopped responding to these people. Trust me, we are better off just minding our own business and just sit back and watch them continue with their mental illness.

Eh, it's still entertaining to watch them chase their tails when asked to justify their foolishness. Look at Tibs' above nonsense about her being "a thousand times more competent" than Trump, because of reasons. We just have to vote for her to find out what she stands for.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And now this...

Mixing Risperdal and alcohol can have fairly serious, debilitating side-effects.

Pound that beer, Fauxcohontas.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/risperdal-side-effects.html

While EW should be commended for getting her illness (whatever it is) possibly under control, does The Americans With Disability Act apply here when seeking to become POTUS? If Trump were found out to be taking this drug would the Left be up in arms over his proximity to "The Button"? Would the Right be concerned as well?

The above link describes what side effects might come along with the use of Risperdal. Several of them would seem to be possible but the one that stands out is "increased dream activity" as it pertains to thinking that she has a chance to become our President.

Just now, Koko78 said:

Eh, it's still entertaining to watch them chase their tails when asked to justify their foolishness. Look at Tibs' above nonsense about her being "a thousand times more competent" than Trump, because of reasons. We just have to vote for her to find out what she stands for.

These people say Trump is loser and a fool. If that is the case............. what the heck does that make Warren?

People need to just step back and stop being so obsessed with Trump. 

I don't ever remember Obama haters even being 10% of what Trump haters are. I am sure there were a few people that hated Obama that were totally obsessed by him, but it can't be even close to the level of TDS.

• Like (+1) 1