Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

9 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

If you'd like to participate in a bad land deal with me, we can cement your status.

I am a direct descendent of Peter Minuit, the guy who bought Manhattan and Long Island from Native Americans. If you want to do land deals with the Indians you might want to include me. I speak the language(s).

Peter Minuit.jpg

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Yeesh. Warren's plan really backfired.

Kim Tallbear comments on how Fauxahontas is hurting Native Americans.

So the writer, as a cis-Aborigine, rejects Warren's claims to trans-Aboriginality because the colonial-settler paradigm of genetics denies the intersectionality of traditional Native American heritage and modern socio-economic inequality, which most Americans don't understand because they're ignorant of Native American Critical Theory?

What. A. Bunch. Of. !@#$ing.  bull ****.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

So the writer, as a cis-Aborigine, rejects Warren's claims to trans-Aboriginality because the colonial-settler paradigm of genetics denies the intersectionality of traditional Native American heritage and modern socio-economic inequality, which most Americans don't understand because they're ignorant of Native American Critical Theory?

What. A. Bunch. Of. !@#$ing.  bull ****.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

At least the Canuckian B word managed to slip in a plug for her book at the end.

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I'd pay more attention to Ms. Tallbear's opinion if she were a native American.

If the Dems win in November this year, it's not going to matter who runs on the D ticket, Trump will be re-elected.

That said, they better come with someone besides Booker, Harris, Avenatti, Warren, or Clinton if they plan on giving Trump a real run.

The only name I have heard given serious consideration that I believe could win is Biden. Biden could successfully debate Trump, not so much for the others. Or somebody we have never heard of, to come out of the blue.

All the people I mentioned above would just lord-of-the-flies themselves in a primary. Booker is just unispiring and too choreographed and nobody is taking Harris seriously (nor should they). Warren ended it today with stating she is, in fact, native American even though she is half as native American as the average joe, Avenatti is down for the count after fake accuser Sweatnick, and Clinton is DONE. Like done done. She would not have abandoned he "nice" facade otherwise. Also, nobody mobilizes the republican base like Hillary; see election in 2016.

If I was a democrat, I would be hoping for someone who could transcend the swamp, the obstruction, the impeachment nonsense, and focus on real governance instead of drama, branding, and scare tactics. These things worked for Trump because that's his brand, and he ran in the dispassionate R party. The dems will lose credibility and status as the self appointed "good guys" if they nominate someone like that.

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

If I was a democrat, I would be hoping for someone who could transcend the swamp, the obstruction, the impeachment nonsense, and focus on real governance instead of drama, branding, and scare tactics. 

They should look into the woman in Arizona who says Arizona is the meth lab of the United States.

She sounds promising.

6 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

If I was a democrat, I would be hoping for someone who could transcend the swamp, the obstruction, the impeachment nonsense, and focus on real governance instead of drama, branding, and scare tactics. These things worked for Trump because that's his brand, and he ran in the dispassionate R party. The dems will lose credibility and status as the self appointed "good guys" if they nominate someone like that.

So...not Al Gore?

12 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

The only name I have heard given serious consideration that I believe could win is Biden. Biden could successfully debate Trump, not so much for the others. 

Haha, you mean this guy....

Creepy-Uncle-Joe-1024x576.thumb.jpg.fbb7aaedd28307aa7db0315447dd848f.jpg

Vs.

this guy...

b941c7c2379e7bec8ce7cf0b65d61a3d.thumb.jpg.90d70b105b417c3d4b7d295980c614b1.jpg

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

The only name I have heard given serious consideration that I believe could win is Biden. Biden could successfully debate Trump, not so much for the others. Or somebody we have never heard of, to come out of the blue.

5 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Haha, you mean this guy?

Creepy-Uncle-Joe-1024x576.thumb.jpg.fbb7aaedd28307aa7db0315447dd848f.jpg

IMG_7209.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1