Like: Flea Flicker... Dislike: Flea Flicker to KB

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

They sent Zay deep on the play too. Both had zero separation.  You could tell Josh didn’t even want to throw it 

Yeah Foster is pretty much our only burner.  We will get him on a deep ball soon.

Ray Ray doesn't play very fast either.  He seems like he would because of his size but his game speed is average (and his 40 time)

We were laughing yesterday saying if KBenj just walked on and tried out for the team as an undrafted FA, he wouldn't have survived the first cut.

I have been screaming for calls like this for the better part of the last decade with these ultra boring Offensive coordinators we have had. I have to give Daboll some credit. He has shown some glimpses of innovation and daring. The only problem was surprise, surprise, the Bills receiver (in this case the lumbering Benjamin) had no separation and was double covered. They desperately need a speedy receiver who can fake a DB out of his pants and get open. Is there nobody on the team who is capable of this?

It was a terrible decision by Allen to throw it there.  KB was well covered by 2 defenders.  It could have resulted in a pick.  When the deep receiver isn't open there has to be an outlet receiver to throw to.  Maybe there was, but Allen had no business throwing that as he did. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

They sent Zay deep on the play too. Both had zero separation.  You could tell Josh didn’t even want to throw it 

Smart by Josh to throw it away there. Las week he probably would have ran outside the pocket and taken a sack. I saw some development in his game this week.

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

It was a terrible decision by Allen to throw it there.  KB was well covered by 2 defenders.  It could have resulted in a pick.  When the deep receiver isn't open there has to be an outlet receiver to throw to.  Maybe there was, but Allen had no business throwing that as he did. 

It was a great decision. He threw it away. No one had a chance at that ball.

Edited by billspro

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually, bashing Allen is so popular here it's almost a truism.

Just curious, since you watch Bills games so carefully, how many of Allen's incompletions are on target/catchable with adjustment and not caught vs. thrown away vs. thrown in a place that does not give the WR a chance to compete?  What's your breakdown there?

I'd really like to know.

If that’s your criteria for having a negative opinion on Allen shouldn’t that be your criteria for ANYBODY having any opinion?Do you demand this level of knowlege

from everybody who has an opinion or just when someone disagrees with you?

We should all just stop talking about football on this board unless the poster personally breaks down the all 22 and, for each player they talk about, keep copius amounts of data on each player.

Yeah, that would be a fun board.

Edited by MDH

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I see that at times but I also see balls thrown on time and in a place that give the WR a chance to compete.   The number one problem with the Bills is the QB (I know this will not be a popular opinion here), the balls are often no where near catch able by anyone.

I kind of agree.  I like Allen, and I am not giving up on him at all...but I think Bills fans (as we are ones to do) are going a bit overboard in shreddig Benjamin.  True, he had the unfortunate drop on the goal line a few games back, but a lot of the balls being thrown his way are just not very good passes...he's a huge guy, but he isn't 10 feet tall...and asking him to get shoe-string catches half the time isn't really fair either.  Sure, I'd like to see more from him, but lets' not pretend that his problems are all his.

6 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I can hear the play-by-play now... "Groy catches it at the 50... he's at the... 48...he's at the 47... he...could....go....nope, he's down."

We watched the late afternoon game between the Vikings and the Eagles. When the Vikings DT picked off a tipped pass and ran it in for the TD, my wife started laughing and I said, "There's nothing funnier in the NFL than watching a defensive tackle lumbering down the field on an interception or fumble return." Of course, I was thinking of Sam Adams. 

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

We watched the late afternoon game between the Vikings and the Eagles. When the Vikings DT picked off a tipped pass and ran it in for the TD, my wife started laughing and I said, "There's nothing funnier in the NFL than watching a defensive tackle lumbering down the field on an interception or fumble return." Of course, I was thinking of Sam Adams. 

Hahaha, Big Sam! I was at that game. Saw the interception but was like, "There's no way he's getting to the... oh wow, he made it!" One of the best Bills season openers ever. Stark comparison to this season, which was unbelievable. Worst opener I've ever seen and very close to the worst Bills game overall, for me anyway.

It's always fun to see a big guy get the ball. Always reminds me of Berman, "Rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'!"

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Am I the only one who now watches other games and notices how many of other QB throws are turned into receptions through effort of the WR we just don't get?

I can't recall a single difficult catch that our receivers have made this year. I guess it depends on how you define difficult catch. Croom caught a couple low passes but those are really meant to be routine.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't recall a single difficult catch that our receivers have made this year. I guess it depends on how you define difficult catch. Croom caught a couple low passes but those are really meant to be routine.

That's a good question.  I feel Zay Jones has made a couple big-league adjustments on poorly thrown balls for completions, though those were challenging adjustments more than high degree of difficulty catches.  Jones made some nice, reliable "might make it in the NFL" catches yesterday as well. 

But I can't remember anything that stuck with me as a "wow, how did he make that?" type catch.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

An article I read had the perfect adjective for KB.... uninterested.

I was stuck on lazy, entitled, and lethargic, but uninterested is the perfect one-word description.

Agree! 

You would think he'd be more interested on his contract year as well coming off a rookie contract. It's unreal we took his 5th year contract and paying this clown 8.5 mill

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

He can't catch back shoulder fades, and he seems to be slow out of his break on every route.  He's slow and never open, and is struggling to catch contested passes.  It's literally all you can do at this point with him since he's never open.

I'd love to line him up inside, but he doesn't want to mix it up with LBs in the run game so that doesn't work either.  I'd honestly just replace him at this point.  

If we go deep to him whenever he's on the field, the other team will never bite on the PA fakes.  He needs to improve his route tree.

Strangely, the bolded wasn't a problem w/ Benjamin in Carolina. He's always been big, slow, running routes a little halfheartedly, but could be counted on bringing down whatever Newton threw in his vicinity. He used to use his frame to keep defenders at bay, and had good hands. He was the definition of a possession receiver for that offense. This year for whatever reason he looks bad. Maybe he's still injured. Don't know but it's too bad, because when he's on his game Benjamin is exactly what you want in a wideout for a rookie QB like Allen.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe B also tweeted that he’s off the field on run plays because he’s not a good blocker ?. Is there anything he does well? Serious question. 

He can bicker with the best of them. :ph34r:

They might as well have sent Ryan Groy deep. Why Daboll Why 

Bob Foster is on the roster for one reason only. If they aren’t going to use him in that situation they might as well cut him.

Joe B also tweeted that he’s off the field on run plays because he’s not a good blocker ?. Is there anything he does well? Serious question. 

I'm once again going to speculate about what Daboll must be going thru.

Benjamin is the #1 receiver who has a catch% for the year of 30.8%.

He's slow, doesn't block well, can't get open, drops balls, seems disinterested, and makes more money than entire WR and TE groups with the exception of Clay.

If you or I were Daboll what would you be saying to McDermott and Beane about KB?

The way he is playing I wouldn't want him even starting.

Now what do you think McDermott and Beane are telling Daboll in regards to KB?

I'm betting they both want Daboll to get KB even more involved in the passing game.

I would love to hear the conversation between the 3 of them concerning the WRs.

I do not envy Dabolls' position at all.

That being said when I seen KB lumbering after that flea flicker I also said WTF.

The 2nd thing I thought was...............this is the Bills #1 receiver!?

• Like (+1) 1