Bills 13 Titans 12 Postgame Thread

5 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Totally agree with the point being made, but IMO, the timing of that was wrong. 

At some point in time, the Bills need to take a shot immediately after a turnover. Keeping the defense is honest, but taki g a deep shot right after a turnover, while the opponent is reeling, typically yields an increased chance for success on the play. Considering the fact that Allen is young and raw, Daboll should take advantage when given the best opportunity. The flea flicker to start the game, for example, would probably have been a much better call after one of those turnovers. Jmo

I see your point on that specific drive.

I hope some people understand that the Bills can win these type of games only IF they don't go down by a couple of TDs early.

The D with it's turnovers allowed that to happen.

Josh (who didn't have a good game today) still will need to throw the ball like an NFL QB.

I remain positive about JA but he does need to control his passes better.

I look forward to him improving as the season progresses.

In other news the Browns win with an ugly field goal.

Good for them!

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

That was the play of the game imo. Shady knew it was man coverage and saw him overpursuing, great play

Does any other rb make that play? It was just aspectacular move, he has a 6th Sense out there, it's incredible

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That was shocking.   A kid making his first NFL start right from the practice squad.   Matt LaFleur should be ashamed...

Well, they couldn't , we got consistent pressure with 4 and almost every blitz got to Mariota, phenomenal coaching and execution. #TrustTheProcess

14 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Totally agree with the point being made, but IMO, the timing of that was wrong. 

At some point in time, the Bills need to take a shot immediately after a turnover. Keeping the defense is honest, but taki g a deep shot right after a turnover, while the opponent is reeling, typically yields an increased chance for success on the play. Considering the fact that Allen is young and raw, Daboll should take advantage when given the best opportunity. The flea flicker to start the game, for example, would probably have been a much better call after one of those turnovers. Jmo

Only works when you have guys who can get down field  We have no speed at wr  Actually we have nothing at wr to threaten anyone

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Tennessee was on a 3 game winning streak?   They are not a bad team.

It was a defensive battle

Its a win, so that is good. Allens run for the TD was fun.  But I am so sick of the Bills being involved in "defensive battles" when other QB's around the league are throwing for 400, 450 yards...3,4,5 TDs in a game, 60 attempts.

• Like (+1) 2

Ok it was not a work of art but they got it done.

Only bad part of the game was the our passing game.   There is not one thing to fix here:   (1) Josh is still learning to read defenses and he misses things at times; (2) our WRs lack talent; and (3) our OL is not very good at times.   Today they made a few big plays when needed, especially on the last drive.

Overall there are many positives. 

1 - Defense was stout and essentially enabled the win.  The forced turnovers were key. 

2 - Special Teams was good overall with exception of the bad hold that cost us 3 critical pints.

3 - We ran the ball when needed today

4 - Josh Allen made things happen when the game was on the line.  Allen has 1 4Q come from behind win in 3 games.  I think he might be tied, or maybe just 1 win behind Tyrod in this category.

Nice job by the coaches, the team, and great job by the FANS.  The stadium sounded  very loud on my TV. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills obviously in a rebuild stage. Josh Allen is going to be a great one. Problem now is that he doesn't have any dominate receivers to throw to. Their Offensive line needs a lot of work. Their running game is to inconsistent. I believe they won't be a serious contender for another 2 to 3 years.

13 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Can't we enjoy things for a bit

...certainly...I'll do my mea culpas and back off Frazier for a defense that held them to 229 yards.....just not sure how successful we can expect to be in this, yes rebuilding year with 226 yards of offense at home.......

If I were a GM, I might hire an assistant coach (or even an entire staff) just to consult with the other coaches regarding the officiating team that will be handling the next game, and hoe that might affect the game plan. More than any other season I can remember, the officiating, from game to game, is all over the board.