Thursday Night Football: Colts at Pats

See, all of the talk about the Pats finally falling off was a bit premature. September is September, it's now the time where they put together one of their signature 8-10 game win streaks. 

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I'll take culture over catches. 

Very well, and you're seeing the results of that.  I'm not saying to get problem children like Dez Bryant, but taking a chance on someone like Josh Gordon would be a positive. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

See, all of the talk about the Pats finally falling off was a bit premature. September is September, it's now the time where they put together one of their signature 8-10 game win streaks. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8365729

image.png

Edited by Happy Gilmore

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Who have they brought in to try and address the problem? They will do whatever must be done to make sure the have a backup rotational DT, but every week the same WRs trot into the field and stop the ball.

who do you want them to bring in

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

No, they just accept it cause they dont appear to be looking for guys who can catch the ball either to replace those drops....

Bingo! That's my WTF gripe this year. We brought in OL, CB, DT, DE, but seem to not even be looking to upgrade what is obviously the worst group of WR in the NFL. Talent has been and is still out there. Get off their asses and bring someone in already.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Every. Play. 

I moved away from Buffalo in 2005. Long story short, I’ve move around the country a lot for work since then. I only see my old man (I think he’s 76?) in person on Thanksgiving. But every Bills game, we text. I’ve tried to stop him from texting because I have Sunday Ticket Streaming. So I’m always 15-20 seconds delayed. I’ve asked (begged) him to wait 30 seconds after he sees a play before texting me, but that doesn’t  work. I always know if I get a text that say “!@#$!” It’s a turnover or “holy ****!” We did something good. 

I hate it, but wouldn’t change it for the world. (And I ask him EVERY Sunday to wait for the delay. Nope :) ) 

I have the same issue with ST streaming delay, and do the same thing.  I don't look at texts from my son until at least a 30 sec delay - and always keep a buffer in the game day thread so it is at least a play behind.  It is funny though with the game day thread bc every once in a while it will blow up and you'll get a message saying "46 new replies" and you know something either very good or very bad just happened

I think we are all going to enjoy the decline of Tom Brady. Looking at his interception count he’s starting to throw a lot more than his usual single digit mark per season. He’s at 6 in 5 games. Over a season that’d be 19. Still on pace for 38 TDs but the interception count is something to take note of.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Easier just to throw your hands up and say must be no one good . Not like other NFL teams haven't been looking at and signing WRs.

Well let's see, currently available are:

Dez 

Marcus Wheaton (14 games in 3 years)

Maclin (nope)

Rishard Matthews (I guess?)

Harry Douglass (lol)

Corey Coleman (double lol)

The only ones worth looking at are guys like Michael Floyd or maybe Kenny Britt. And I will bet you good money that people here would complain about an older WR because "this team is full of old vets"

Just now, ScottLaw said:

How bout the guy who just caught a TD pass for the Patriots? Oh yes. Culture... and they really need that 5th round pick that I'm sure will be an awesome starter for us for years to come. 

Yeah, how would you react to them signing the guy who was banned a year for drugs, and couldn't stop using them even when threatened with a life ban? 

Also Jordan Phillips ain't exactly a choir boy is he 

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

I think we are all going to enjoy the decline of Tom Brady. Looking at his interception count he’s starting to throw a lot more than his usual single digit mark per season. He’s at 6 in 5 games. Over a season that’d be 19. Still on pace for 38 TDs but the interception count is something to take note of.

I don't want to hear about Brady's decline.  He's like Rasputin or herpes.  He's never gonna die or go away.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Not buying it.  Someone is gonna have to take that a-hole out during a game.  QB’s are playing longer and that d-bag will lie, cheat, and steal to buy himself a couple more years.  

8 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Dez 

Maclin (nope)

Harry Douglass (lol)

The only ones worth looking at are guys like Michael Floyd or maybe Kenny Britt. And I will bet you good money that people here would complain about an older WR because "this team is full of old vets"

Just like to point out that these are the vet FA currently available, but there are also 32 practice squads around the league

• Like (+1) 1

The pussification of tackling and roughing calls is going to help Brady stick around. Plus the refs give him all the calls so no one dare touch him. I'm still waiting for a defense to bury him. Maybe Jacksonville, Baltimore possibly Denver.  The AFC has a bunch of weak D's. That little biotch will probably make it to another AFC title game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Dez 

Maclin (nope)

Harry Douglass (lol)

Yeah, how would you react to them signing the guy who was banned a year for drugs, and couldn't stop using them even when threatened with a life ban? 

Also Jordan Phillips ain't exactly a choir boy is he 

Yeah, better to just not even try to find someone or try something different. You wouldn't want to hurt Allens development by finding him guys who can catch a ball regularly.

They turn over every possible rock on defence to try and improve. Impossible to do that on offence

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Please...Neither “interception” tonight had anything to do with Brady.

Remember everyone was saying how shallow the Patriots were at the wide receiver position:

Chris Hogan

Phillip Dorsett

Josh Gordon

Julian Edleman

Coradelle Patterson

Oh yeah, they also have Rob Gronkowski

I mean...they picked up three of those guys for this year, while the Bills picked up...Jeremy Kerley. Who's no longer on the team. 

Amazing.

Also, I hope Josh is watching how Luck and Brady both fire the ball into the dirt as soon as the realize the play that's been called has been blown up and won't work. 

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Remember everyone was saying how shallow the Patriots were at the wide receiver position:

Chris Hogan

Phillip Dorsett

Josh Gordon

Julian Edleman

Coradelle Patterson

Oh yeah, they also have Rob Gronkowski

I mean...they picked up three of those guys for this year, while the Bills picked up...Jeremy Kerley. Who's no longer on the team. 

It baffles me how people continue to make excuses for the Bills FO.  "Cap hell" "can't do everything in one season". 

Dorsett is playing for $1M.  Gordon cost what, a 5th, and is playing for vet minimum.  Patterson is playing for $3M. 

We could afford all of these guys.  Now I grant you, we would likely have had to ante up more to try to get them to come here.  But did we try?

11 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Also, I hope Josh is watching how Luck and Brady both fire the ball into the dirt as soon as the realize the play that's been called has been blown up and won't work. 

I'm more concerned that he *isn't* watching Brady fire a guided missile into Gronk's breadbasket while in the process of being pulled down by a defender.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm more concerned that he *isn't* watching Brady fire a guided missile into Gronk's breadbasket while in the process of being pulled down by a defender.

baby steps

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It baffles me how people continue to make excuses for the Bills FO.  "Cap hell" "can't do everything in one season". 

Dorsett is playing for $1M.  Gordon cost what, a 5th, and is playing for vet minimum.  Patterson is playing for $3M. 

We could afford all of these guys.  Now I grant you, we would likely have had to ante up more to try to get them to come here.  But did we try?

But that would hinder more moves for rotational d-linemen depth and defensive backs

And theres not a single WR available that can possibly be any better.  And the Bill's can just hit Josh Allen's development reset button if he picks up any bad habits waiting to get some competent receivers or olinemen

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Neither of the interceptions last night should have been ints. Both should have been easy catches on perfect throws.

• Thank you (+1) 1