Thursday Night Football: Colts at Pats

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

As usual the demise of the Patriots seems vastly overrated...

Not really. They beat up on and then struggled with a very depleted and beat up Colts team. In years past that's a game they win without trying. The Colts had more guys inactive than they are allowed and lost several more during the game. Not much of a challenge, but they made a game of it.

3 minutes ago, Calidiehard said:

Not really. They beat up on and then struggled with a very depleted and beat up Colts team. In years past that's a game they win without trying. The Colts had more guys inactive than they are allowed and lost several more during the game. Not much of a challenge, but they made a game of it.

Eh, Patriots are notoriously slow starters...lets see how they look by week 11. My prediction is they will be running away with the division by then.

Edited by matter2003

44 minutes ago, Calidiehard said:

they got the EASY early lead and it was garbagetime at that point and they won

on to Cincinnati

on to Cincinnati

12 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I think we are all going to enjoy the decline of Tom Brady. Looking at his interception count he’s starting to throw a lot more than his usual single digit mark per season. He’s at 6 in 5 games. Over a season that’d be 19. Still on pace for 38 TDs but the interception count is something to take note of.

the problem with this theory is only 1 of the 6 was a bad throw.  the 2 last night should have added 50 or more yards to his total thrown as opposed to being interceptions

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Bad receivers will force Allen to be better   ?  ,  next season free agency will repair that.

The WR's available in free agency aren't that great. Golden Tate and John Brown (who the Bills tried to sign this past off-season) are probably the best targets the Bills can get. The Bills will probably have to spend 2 out of their first 3 draft choices on the WR position. The good news is there is a lot of options available along the interior O-line. The Bills can and should be able to nab a great center and a good guard and have plenty of cash to grab Tate and or Brown. They can even do all that and add a pass rusher if they still want one. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The WR's available in free agency aren't that great. Golden Tate and John Brown (who the Bills tried to sign this past off-season) are probably the best targets the Bills can get. The Bills will probably have to spend 2 out of their first 3 draft choices on the WR position. The good news is there is a lot of options available along the interior O-line. The Bills can and should be able to nab a great center and a good guard and have plenty of cash to grab Tate and or Brown. They can even do all that and add a pass rusher if they still want one. 

If Quincy Enunewa hits FA I want him here. Plays WR with a violent streak, good blocker and can actually catch. Interior line...Ali Marpet is my hope if he his FA. 

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If Quincy Enunewa hits FA I want him here. Plays WR with a violent streak, good blocker and can actually catch. Interior line...Ali Marpet is my hope if he his FA. 

Is Enunewa a free agent? If he is he wouldn't be a bad pickup. There are two elite centers hitting the market in Marpet and the center from Denver. Either one would be a great addition while there are a good amount of guards hitting the market and adding an elite center plus a good guard would greatly help the O-line. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Is Enunewa a free agent? If he is he wouldn't be a bad pickup. There are two elite centers hitting the market in Marpet and the center from Denver. Either one would be a great addition while there are a good amount of guards hitting the market and adding an elite center plus a good guard would greatly help the O-line. 

Yes, Enunewa is FA. I like Marpet because he can play both G or C. 

But give me Enunwa, Golden Tate and a high draft WR, with Jesse James at TE and I'm happy.

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather see them go pass rusher and o line in free agency and spend those picks on offensive threats......

If we got Golden Tate I would not cry

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would rather see them go pass rusher and o line in free agency and spend those picks on offensive threats......

If we got Golden Tate I would not cry

I think you need at least 1 quality WR and 1 decent WR in free agency, yes you are going to probably have to spend 2 high draft picks at receiver but if the Bills are drafting really high up like picks 1 or 2 and there is no trade down than the best players will be pass rushers. Which means the Bills are likely going to take Bosa or Oliver. Which means early rounds 2 and 3 will be WR picks and those playes won't have as high an impact. Which in my mind makes grabbing 2 veteran WR's a priority. You don't need 2 high priced guys, I think one higher end receiver like Tate and another decent one should do.

I think you are better off loading up on the interior O-line money since the free agent class is much stronger there. But the cover is so bare at WR That they will need at least 2 veteran players there. Defensively the only need I can see is pass rush and slot corner. There are a lot of good vet pass rushers out there that can be had on short term deals. Although I think if any player that could possibly reach the market is worth a 20 million dollar contract it could be Clowney. 

35 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Yes, Enunewa is FA. I like Marpet because he can play both G or C. 

But give me Enunwa, Golden Tate and a high draft WR, with Jesse James at TE and I'm happy.

Even with 90 or more million in cap space I think it might be hard to go out and get both Tate and Enunwa plus a higher priced tight end like James (Trey Burton level money for him) while still spending on the O-line. I would love to see it happen but I just think the choice will be to go higher on O-line and add 2 skill position players.