P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E

matrix.jpg

Did we not go to the playoffs last year??

Why are so many acting like petulant chlidren??

Last year was used to get our QB, mission accomplished.

This year we're in the process of demolition and restocking this spring, right on track. Let's exercise some patience and let them build a perennial contender and not a flash in the pan.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 9

I get your point, but I don't think you can blame people for being impatient. Despite the playoffs last year, which we only just scraped into anyway, this club has YEARS of boneheaded decisions and poor performance behind them, so it stands to reason fans will lose it when the team fails to score a single point in a league where losing teams are regularly putting up scores in the 30s or 40s.

In fact, I'd say Bills fans don't moan enough considering how bad this team has been since the millennium. They still turn out to the stadium each week and still watch the games enthusiastically on TV.

After we beat the Vikes I had a look at one of their forums - if you think it's bad here, check that place out. They were calling for the entire defense to be fired, whining about never getting any luck, talking about being cursed. This is a team that was in the championship game last year. 

Actually, when you look around this forum, I think a lot of Bills fans have actually crossed the point of all out moaning and misery and have entered that slightly mad stage where you just mask the mental illness the team is causing you with humor.

I think that's the lesser known 6th stage of grief:

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance and... drooling madness ( I reached stage 6 when we drafted Maybin)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

We will win the SB one year... just have some patience..

Luckily we are all going to live forever...

By now, there are at least a million graves occupied by those with who accepted patience and belief in the Bills..

My Dad is 84 and hasn’t missed a single play in the teams history. 

For the record, he doesn’t believe you.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

In the era of instant gratification with Millennials running amuck...? Good luck with that. Patience is sooooo 20th century, braaahhh... 

Because as Bills fans we haven't been patient.....how often do we hear....wait til next year....

56 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I get your point, but I don't think you can blame people for being impatient. Despite the playoffs last year, which we only just scraped into anyway, this club has YEARS of boneheaded decisions and poor performance behind them, so it stands to reason fans will lose it when the team fails to score a single point in a league where losing teams are regularly putting up scores in the 30s or 40s.

In fact, I'd say Bills fans don't moan enough considering how bad this team has been since the millennium. They still turn out to the stadium each week and still watch the games enthusiastically on TV.

After we beat the Vikes I had a look at one of their forums - if you think it's bad here, check that place out. They were calling for the entire defense to be fired, whining about never getting any luck, talking about being cursed. This is a team that was in the championship game last year. 

Actually, when you look around this forum, I think a lot of Bills fans have actually crossed the point of all out moaning and misery and have entered that slightly mad stage where you just mask the mental illness the team is causing you with humor.

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance and... drooling madness ( I reached stage 6 when we drafted Maybin)

Every new coach and GM wants to build the team to their liking though. Been that way for a long time. I know the futility of the 21st century as well, been a fan through the whole drought but that's not Beane and McDermotts fault.

It's going to be a bad year nothing is going to help that because they aren't going to, and can't spend big to salvage the season.

Personally I'm looking at the positives this year, not that there have been many, to continue to build on next year.

31 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

What did making the playoffs actually do for us?

You'd think we could build on that that and get better... but we've gone in the opposite direction.

It proves they can coach a half decent team to the playoffs. The Bills aren't a half decent team this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Didn't realise McBean and company were here making decisions all of those years! You're right then, get the pitchforks! 

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

You'd think we could build on that that and get better... but we've gone in the opposite direction.

They were a bad team last year. They were already selling off talent. The good news is they will be spending a lot of money over the next 2 years to improve the roster. 

Change can happen quickly in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

matrix.jpg

This year we're in the process of demolition and restocking this spring, right on track. Let's exercise some patience and let them build a perennial contender and not a flash in the pan.

I'm all about patience, I don't want to see our "investment" get ruined by this crappy offensive line that don't know how to handle line stunts.

Just now, Dopey said:

P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E

I HATE AARON RODGERS!!!!

I think he was R-E-L-A-X.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

It was nice but the playoffs don’t mean the square root of sweet !@#$ all going forward.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

matrix.jpg

I had high hopes entering the season. We definitely overachieved last season. Unfortunately this is the case. We weren’t very good last year and we’re not very good this year, but this is all part of the master plan. Trust the process 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone’s so excited about the playoffs last year they forget the goal is a super bowl. We haven’t been a contender in over 20 years. That’s all I care about. I’d miss the playoffs for 50 years if it meant one super bowl.

But think about this, there is a team out there right now that is the most poorly run. Are you sure it is not the Bills ?