P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

matrix.jpg

Did we not go to the playoffs last year??

Why are so many acting like petulant chlidren??

Last year was used to get our QB, mission accomplished.

This year we're in the process of demolition and restocking this spring, right on track. Let's exercise some patience and let them build a perennial contender and not a flash in the pan.

So many are acting like petulant children because it’s unacceptable to be THIS bad. I knew they would be bad, but every decision they have made has been a complete disaster. Kelvin Benjamin's fat, mike Tolbert is fat, dareus was fat but star swap costs 25mil, starting peterman, keeping peterman, starting peterman again, keeping peterman again, zay Jones is a psychopath but he has a shout out to Jesus so he can stay.

there is no winning culture without strategy to win first. 

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

We have 90 million reasons for hope in 2019 ;)

Imagine how many fullbacks we can sign with all that money 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

matrix.jpg

This year we're in the process of demolition and restocking this spring, right on track. Let's exercise some patience and let them build a perennial contender and not a flash in the pan.

In other words R  E  L  A  X  !!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Right and there are 31 other teams that are going to have cap space also. 

NFL Team Salary Cap Tracker

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2019/

rank team cap space
1 Indianapolis Colts $123,886,900
2 New York Jets $106,325,593
3 Buffalo Bills $89,887,770
4 Houston Texans $86,909,082
5 Cleveland Browns $78,908,642
6 Dallas Cowboys $64,610,515
7 Cincinnati Bengals $63,293,606
8 Seattle Seahawks $61,066,882
9 San Francisco 49ers $59,394,799
10 Oakland Raiders $59,259,074

the bad news for teams 

29 New Orleans Saints $19,269,739.00
30 Minnesota Vikings $9,299,039.00
31 Jacksonville Jaguars -$4,964,035.00
32 Philadelphia Eagles -$20,449,942.00
Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I get your point, but I don't think you can blame people for being impatient. Despite the playoffs last year, which we only just scraped into anyway, this club has YEARS of boneheaded decisions and poor performance behind them, so it stands to reason fans will lose it when the team fails to score a single point in a league where losing teams are regularly putting up scores in the 30s or 40s.

In fact, I'd say Bills fans don't moan enough considering how bad this team has been since the millennium. They still turn out to the stadium each week and still watch the games enthusiastically on TV.

After we beat the Vikes I had a look at one of their forums - if you think it's bad here, check that place out. They were calling for the entire defense to be fired, whining about never getting any luck, talking about being cursed. This is a team that was in the championship game last year. 

Actually, when you look around this forum, I think a lot of Bills fans have actually crossed the point of all out moaning and misery and have entered that slightly mad stage where you just mask the mental illness the team is causing you with humor.

I think that's the lesser known 6th stage of grief:

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance and... drooling madness ( I reached stage 6 when we drafted Maybin)

Hey at least we didn't pick Connor Cook.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

matrix.jpg

And if our concerns are in the manner the team is being torn down and rebuilt?  Because that’s exactly where i am. 

I wouldn’t characterize the problem as impatience. It’s more of confusion and frustration. To many fans it doesn’t seem like the Bills have a true plan. Culture and process are not a plan! They’re a mindset or a way of life but not a strategy.  Speaking just for myself it seems like the 2018 Bills have one foot in the tub and the other still out on the bath mat. If you’re going to rebuild...just do it!  I’ve got no idea why some of the holdover and free agent veterans are on this team. If you want to rebuild then put ALL of the kids out there. Not just Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

NFL Team Salary Cap Tracker

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2019/

rank team cap space
1 Indianapolis Colts $123,886,900
2 New York Jets $106,325,593
3 Buffalo Bills $89,887,770
4 Houston Texans $86,909,082
5 Cleveland Browns $78,908,642
6 Dallas Cowboys $64,610,515
7 Cincinnati Bengals $63,293,606
8 Seattle Seahawks $61,066,882
9 San Francisco 49ers $59,394,799
10 Oakland Raiders $59,259,074

the bad news for teams 

29 New Orleans Saints $19,269,739.00
30 Minnesota Vikings $9,299,039.00
31 Jacksonville Jaguars -$4,964,035.00
32 Philadelphia Eagles -$20,449,942.00

Exactly. Good luck getting quality players who aren’t looking to coast to come here. 

This team has been in existence for 58 years. They have had only 13 years in which they have won more than 9 games, only 18 years in which they made the playoffs, and only 9 years in which they won an actual playoff game. If we are honest, in those 58 years, they were truly a championship caliber team in only 5 or 6 of those seasons. I have been a fan of this team since I attended my first game in 1968, so I missed 2-3 of those few championship caliber seasons. My adult son has been a fan of this team since he was a young boy and they have made the playoffs only twice since he has been watching them - and they haven't been a championship caliber team in the entire time he has been watching them.

My son and I are very close. He lives and works in another state and we talk 2-3 times a week. Many of our conversations are about the Bills (and Sabres) and we talk after every Bills game. The Bills have not been very good for most of the years I have followed them, and rarely in the time my son has followed them - and, as fans, we both have experienced our share of frustrations. Yet, they are the source of so many wonderful memories we share and continue to be a positive part of our relationship.

In the end, it is a game. Wins and losses are what ultimately defines a team. What we choose to take away from our experiences defines us as fans. Fortunately, my son and I have found positive ways to balance our love for this team and how it impacts our lives.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Exactly. Good luck getting quality players who aren’t looking to coast to come here. 

I agree there are plenty of teams with cap space.  

That doesn't mean they spend it all.  

Browns are notorious for having tons of cap space 

1 Cleveland Browns $55,116,885.00
2 Indianapolis Colts $52,429,446.00
3 San Francisco 49ers $32,651,036.00
4 Tennessee Titans $22,734,241.00
5 Houston Texans $21,423,243.00
6 Pittsburgh Steelers $19,799,067.00
7 New York Jets $19,676,489.00

1 Cleveland Browns $59,915,427.00
2 San Francisco 49ers $58,294,214.00
3 Jacksonville Jaguars $33,350,646.00
4 Tennessee Titans $28,164,759.00
5 New York Jets $20,975,908.00

Unfortunately, making the playoffs last year was a red herring and not indicative of the team becoming competitive on a consistent basis.  This year, the team has hit rock bottom because of a huge amount of dead money and the purging of the roster.  Other NFL teams have turned things around quickly, but I am not sure I can remember many other teams with  the number of talent deficient groups that we currently have, such as the o-line and wide receiver, combined with a very raw rookie quarterback.  In the near and long term, the overall situation is very uncertain for significant improvement.  After all of these years of ineptitude, it is really difficult to be experiencing this level of poor performance and continue to be patient.  I do wish that I was more confident in the abilities of McBeane to turn this around.

matrix.jpg

So all the “fire someone” “this or that rookie/2nd year player is a BUST” etc etc is over the top.

But can you really not tell why, despite playoffs, so many are critical?

If you were trying to express it in your own words, your best guess at it, what would you say?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

matrix.jpg

Not really. and when they got there they looked every part a weak, middling talent team, and really had no business even stepping onto the field, but yes I was happy they were there.

If you mean calling other people names, ummmm , look in the mirror.  People are downright sick of losing after 20 years of garbage, and the defense has surprisingly struggled at times.  The first game was nauseating to watch.

100% agreed.  I wanted Rosen, but on character alone so far, Allen has proven to be the top of his QB class

I fully believe in the process, and hope this team doesn't run off McDermott.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but this team's struggles are probably more disheartening than any other year.  We've been waiting for 2 decades to see an improvement, and this year has ripped the guts out of this fanbase, especially when the team really does have a very good head coach.

If you were calling out the people who are instantly ripping the coaching staff already, or that Josh Allen isn't good , then I retract my poke at you, and say, carry on my friend.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

By now, there are at least a million graves occupied by those with who accepted patience and belief in the Bills..

My Dad is 84 and hasn’t missed a single play in the teams history. 

For the record, he doesn’t believe you.

Don't know him, BUT I love your dad! 

11 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Unfortunately, making the playoffs last year was a red herring and not indicative of the team becoming competitive on a consistent basis.  This year, the team has hit rock bottom because of a huge amount of dead money and the purging of the roster.  Other NFL teams have turned things around quickly, but I am not sure I can remember many other teams with  the number of talent deficient groups that we currently have, such as the o-line and wide receiver, combined with a very raw rookie quarterback.  In the near and long term, the overall situation is very uncertain for significant improvement.  After all of these years of ineptitude, it is really difficult to be experiencing this level of poor performance and continue to be patient.  I do wish that I was more confident in the abilities of McBeane to turn this around.

Mmmmmmm. Herring.

Sunday's loss was ugly, and there have been some head scratching moves over the last year and a half, but I'm not ready to abandon ship like so many others. That's not because I'm a blind homer...This is pretty much what I expected to see this year. I wasn't necessarily expecting shutouts or blowouts on the road (although really not surprising). I was expecting ups and downs, with more downs than ups. Its year two, but year one for our QB and defensive "QB", new OC, lack of weapons at WR. 

Playoffs last year means nothing for this year, other than scheduled opponents (which is technically based on divisional record). Regardless of what you think of TT and his limitations, he did lead the team to the post season. He's gone. His center is gone. Left guard, gone. Left tackle, gone. There's just too much newness, inexperience, and lack of talent with this year's team to have been realistically expecting "big things", for me at least. 

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I wouldn’t characterize the problem as impatience. It’s more of confusion and frustration. To many fans it doesn’t seem like the Bills have a true plan. Culture and process are not a plan! They’re a mindset or a way of life but not a strategy.  Speaking just for myself it seems like the 2018 Bills have one foot in the tub and the other still out on the bath mat. If you’re going to rebuild...just do it!  I’ve got no idea why some of the holdover and free agent veterans are on this team. If you want to rebuild then put ALL of the kids out there. Not just Allen.

What kids aren’t out there?  Teller?  I don’t understand.  It’s one player and you have no idea what goes on in practice.  

We’re one foot out of the tub because Andre Holmes is on the team? 

We have 90 mill in cap space and 10 draft picks.  That’s what matters the most.  Teller and Ray Ray will get their chance.  We’ve played 4 games 

• Like (+1) 1

After decades of frustration, to see blowouts 25% of the time leaves little room for patience. If there are petulant statements made by fans, I feel they would become minimal if “professional” players and coaches were to perform at a competitive level.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They were a bad team last year. They were already selling off talent. The good news is they will be spending a lot of money over the next 2 years to improve the roster. 

Change can happen quickly in the NFL. 

Great, overspend on average UFAs so we can become the Washington Redskins of a few years ago.

I lost all patience many years ago.

unless your idea of patience is not watching or paying much  attention until they become good. If that's the case I am becoming the most patient person on the planet

• Like (+1) 1