Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

I will compare Allen against Mahomes after Allen’s second season.  But I tell ya,  right now it’s not looking good.  And not just because KC has more talent and better plays in their arsenal. Mahomes looks accurate and has great pocket presence.  Yes he bails and runs around but it’s always forward and his passes on the run are accurate

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We also dont have KC's offensive supporting cast.....and of course Mahommes got to sit a year and was not ready when he came into the league....

but hey.......

King apologist. 

Tell us the one about how the Bills don’t want to win this year again ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

I thought we fired Whaley already...

Also Alex Smith had the best qb rating in the NFL last year with this offense... And they added more to it.  Mahomes is set up to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes reminds me of Kaepernick in his one good season. Couldnt do anything wrong. But I'm not sold on Mahomes as a long term, cornerstone type of a QB quite yet. Hes got talent, good coaches, a quality team around him (minus the defense). Itll be interesting to see if he progresses this season or regresses as the grind wears teams down. 

7 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

Cool when week 8 rolls aroundill hit you up. Until then just keep your stance so that when it happens we can talk about your hot take.

This take is way way hotter.    Why would this offense slow down in week 8 ? 

1 minute ago, Captain_Quint said:

Mahomes reminds me of Kaepernick in his one good season. Couldnt do anything wrong. But I'm not sold on Mahomes as a long term, cornerstone type of a QB quite yet. Hes got talent, good coaches, a quality team around him (minus the defense). Itll be interesting to see if he progresses this season or regresses as the grind wears teams down. 

Without assessing "who is the better QB", at this point of the season Mahomes is the second most productive QB in the league (trailing only Goff).  Those two teams possess the current NFL holy grail of having a high production QB on a rookie contract.  

His current passer rating is 126.  That will almost certainly be lower by the end of the season. So he certainly "regress" as the season goes along, even if the grind does not wear him down. 

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wanted Watson there but either guy would have been smart. It’s okay. We have a corner that is good. Teams will just throw it to the other guy when it matters but hey...we traded up twice to get Josh Allen. So ya know, we got that going for us

I agree, we have been drafting corners in the first round for the past 20 years, how has that worked out for us.  I will be honest I wanted Watson too, but I would of been happy with either one.  We will see how Allen turns out, I think the kid has got a chance to be something special but mahomes definitely looks like the real deal right now.  

Yesterday was my first exposure to Mahomes. He seems ok. He didn’t blow me away like many here talk about him. 

His team is ridiculous. Sammy Watkins whom many here act like he’d be our true #1 gem of an all time wide reciever isn’t even the third, maybe even fourth guy they look to in that offense. 

Am I a little jealous of that team, sure. But grow up. You guys are acting like the kid at the park that cries every time he sees another kids toy he wants. 

I think Allen will be just fine. We need the playmakers and oline around him now. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Mahomes is a way more accurate passer than Kap ever was.  

6 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

There is no question that Patrick Mahomes is and will be a better NFL QB than Josh Allen.  None.

That being said, Mahomes LITERALLY has had the most ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB of any QB ever (with the possible exception of Aaron Rodgers) and Josh Allen has LITERALLY had the least ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB of any QB ever (including David Carr).  And this is not hyperbole.  It is impossible to compare the two of them apples to apples.

I agree with everything here, well said.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, sven233 said:

Wanted us to take him.....  Kind of understood the trade down, especially since there wasn't a GM in place and the hype about this year's QB class, but everything I watched of Mahomes in college said the kid had just as much of a chance to succeed as anyone else.  Was hoping we would take the shot, but it just didn't happen.

And of course, as soon as the Bills passed on him, he was guaranteed to be a superstar because..........  well, that's just the way it goes.

That said, if Mahomes was playing here in our offense, he wouldn't be doing what he is doing.  He has the best weapons in the NFL around him with one of the best offensive minds of all time.  We have the worst set of skilled position talent, on top of a brutal o-line, perhaps in the history of the NFL.

It's way to early to make a blanket statement about Mahomes and Allen.  I am not sure how long we will have to wait to do so, but to say Allen won't be good at this point is crazy.  But it's up to McBean to put some real talent around him and in front of him in order t find out what Allen is.  And this is coming from someone that wasn't the biggest Allen fan in college.  I just think it is unfair at this point for anyone to write anything in stone positively or negatively about either guy.

If we had a competent F.O in the first place, they would have drafted him, and drafted some personel to complement him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills blew it,  this kid is going to be a Super star.  Makes plays you cannot even dream of,  should have drafted him last year.  More mobile in the pocket and just as strong an arm with more accuracy.  They will blame Whaley but Sean pushed for this ,  Sean and Beane are losers and believe you can win with high motor good character guys with limited talent.  The roster is a total mess,  where do you begin first?

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I'm sorry but you're way off the mark. The two have nothing in common. Mahomes is a way better passer than Kap ever showed to be. Kap relied on his legs.

24 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

There is nothing about Mahomes' game that's like Kaepernick's.  Kaepernick's success was always based on his being a threat to run.  He lacked a lot of the skills required of an NFL QB, including being able to read defenses, and he was not particularly accurate.  There is no doubt that Mahomes is a QB first and foremost.  He uses his running ability to escape rushers, and he's deadly accurate whether he's in the pocket or outside of it.  It's early yet, but he seems to understand what he's seeing, so that says he is able to read defenses, and if he's not as good as a guy who's been in the league for several years, it seems likely he'll get better at it as he gains experience. 

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The word is that both Pegula and Whaley wanted QB with Mahomes and Watson high on the list.  McDermott wrested control of the football operations and instead decided to make the deal to trade with KC. 

Could be another reason why McD was a bit testy yesterday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

Because they have the best TE in the league and their other WR's can actually catch the ball. Kareem Hunt is a nice piece as well.  KC's offense is light years ahead of ours.

The Bills are the ones that choose this offense and thought they could get by. The Bills also choose to draft yet another entire draft of defense and thought they could make it work.

Either of those are fire able offenses.

6 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

There is no question that Patrick Mahomes is and will be a better NFL QB than Josh Allen.  None.

That being said, Mahomes LITERALLY has had the most ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB of any QB ever (with the possible exception of Aaron Rodgers) and Josh Allen has LITERALLY had the least ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB of any QB ever (including David Carr).  And this is not hyperbole.  It is impossible to compare the two of them apples to apples.

Again, the bills chose to do it this way. They chose everything and have no one to blame but themselves for thinking Nate  Peterman could be a reliable starter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills could have Bell, Gronk and Mahomes and still be in the drought. 

Just because one player excels on one team doesn’t mean he will somewhere else. If Brady wasn’t a Patriot what are the chances he ever sees the field? It took a Mo Lewis hit for that to happen. He could’ve played 3 years as a backup and retired

We shouldn't stop with those involved in the Mahomes debacle. We should not rest until we have held every single person (or surviving family members) accountable for every personnel decision, in the history of the Buffalo Bills, that turned out to be bad in hindsight.

I still can't believe Robert Lustig pass on drafting Joe Montana? Three times!!

We really shouldn't stand for an inability to predict future performance any longer...

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

We shouldn't stop with those involved in the Mahomes debacle. We should not rest until we have held every single person (or surviving family members) accountable for every personnel decision, in the history of the Buffalo Bills, that turned out to be bad in hindsight.

I still can't believe Robert Lustig pass on drafting Joe Montana? Three times!!

We really shouldn't stand for an inability to predict future performance any longer...

isn't this the job of scouts and GMs....to predict future performance? 

• Like (+1) 1