What QB to SIgn?

ngbills

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that some (or all) of us believe that he isn’t an option as a number 2. He can’t play. Add a 3rd guy and in a week or so (whenever he learns the playbook) release NP. 

Doesn't matter what we think.  I trust McBeane more than the yahoos on a Bills message board. 

4 minutes ago, GG said:

And you can't have it both ways (as per your usual MO)

You can't slam Bills for not having a true QB coach and turn around and say that Allen won't benefit from a true veteran on the sidelines.   

Bills are not hiring a QB coach this year, but they certainly can add a player who can play a role.

Yes you can.

A vet on the sideline is NOT going to do anything that doesn't reinforce what Culley and Dabol want.  If you think they would then a feel for you.  So again Dabol is on the sideline for a reason,  From what is seems to me he is in charge of the development, and Culley executing it.  I have been slamming the Bills for Culley coaching QBs since it has happened.

Sorry you think a NFL player that had NO paycheck, isn't guaranteed any paycheck going forward is NOT going to just reinforce what Culley is preaching.

And glad you think I have a usual MO, guess it goes inline with the OLD SCHOOL thinking MO that A lot of this fanbase has.  I mean heck I guess all colleges go find some grizzly 5th year senior to be a QB to help their young players too right?  You know in college when a TON of development happens

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To me that new QB is more about what has been provided to Darnold......a veteran who is good in the meeting room and understands his role and is someone for Josh Allen to lean on for advice then he makes mistakes.....

But that is also totally different because he has been with Darnold since drafted and was part of the development plan since jump. 

Comparing apples to oranges 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

But that is also totally different because he has been with Darnold since drafted and was part of the development plan since jump. 

I realize that but we are where we are.....I still think that is the right environment.....a retread many years NFL veteran that will know his role

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

There are 4 months of football left.  But I get it. No development happens after the off season. 

44 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Colin Kaepernick for sure. The circus would not be near as huge as it would have been in PS.

Otherwise, what about Tyler "Hope and" Bray?

Also, it makes Buffalo not look like redneck place some other fans think he is.  Also, won’t the nfl have to pay us because it could save them a ton of money?

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

There are 4 months of football left.  But I get it. No development happens after the off season. 

What does a Vet Bring you that Culley and Dabol already are not going to do. That Vet isnt going against them. So what do they bring. 

I have already said I could be convinced with Moore depending on how similar this system is to the one Dabol had in Miami. 

But to date there has been no articulated benefit. 

You know maybe they should have gave him Top reps from Jump instead of some fake three way Competition 

Edited by MAJBobby

25 minutes ago, westside said:

Doesn't matter what we think.  I trust McBeane more than the yahoos on a Bills message board. 

I don’t. This is twice that they ran out a guy that is arguably THE WORST QB EVER!! At this point, the case can be made, that no player has had his level of sustained incompetence. Everyone that said that it would happen was WAY more accurate than McDermott. He had to do a 180 a week later. He made a massive mistake. I don’t trust him to not do it again. Peterman can’t play in this league. He was wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

What does a Vet Bring you that Culley and Dabol already are not going to do. That Vet isnt going against them. So what do they bring. 

I have already said I could be convinced with Moore depending on how similar this system is to the one Dabol had in Miami. 

But to date there has been no articulated benefit 

It is nice to get first hand knowledge from someone who has played the position in the nfl.

this is just another reason I hated the Allen pick.  He was super risky to begin with.  Now, he is learning how to play the most important position in sports From Daboll, Culley, and Peterman.  Yikes!

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But to date there has been no articulated benefit. 

You know maybe they should have gave him Top reps from Jump instead of some fake three way Competition 

I have to agree with your last statement. But having peterman in the room alone could ruin him thru osmosis. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t. This is twice that they ran out a guy that is arguably THE WORST QB EVER!! At this point, the case can be made, that no player has had his level of sustained incompetence. Everyone that said that it would happen was WAY more accurate than McDermott. He had to do a 180 a week later. He made a massive mistake. I don’t trust him to not do it again. Peterman can’t play in this league. He was wrong.

It’s so funny that there are people who think just because someone has a job, they can’t be bad at it.

”I trust Matt Millen more than these stupid fans”

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

As if a company has never hired the wrong guy for the job. 

It’s so funny because I used to think like that all the time.  I played football for a long time and love the sport.  But these aren’t the smartest guys in the world.  They do dumb things all the time.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s so funny because I used to think like that all the time.  I played football for a long time and love the sport.  But these aren’t the smartest guys in the world.  They do dumb things all the time.

It's just like any profession though, not sure why people think it's different. Just because they've been around football their entire working career doesn't mean they can't get things wrong. It also doesn't mean someone on the outside looking in can't be right about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I have to agree with your last statement. But having peterman in the room alone could ruin him thru osmosis. 

There, I think, you are worrying beyond the available evidence.

There is a reason that Dennison, Daboll, McDermott etc all have that persistent Peterman love.  He's reported to be a film room and whiteboard wizard who mastered the playbook very quickly and who excels at breaking down film.  He apparently has great work habits - get there early, arrive late.  Both AJM and Allen have praised him strongly as a teammate.  What did Allen say "best guy ever"?

Peterman will probably make a great Jordan Palmer or Byron Leftwich type guy in time, a guy with a great head for the game but something missing that doesn't let him execute as a player at a high level.  He can see it on film, he just can't see it/do it in real time.

I would like Allen and the Bills to have a vet QB available, but I can't see how contact with Peterman is going to hurt Allen in any way.

35 minutes ago, jr1 said:

it would take a new QB a month to learn the playbook

Depends on the QB, doesn't it? 

Guess who was OC when Matt Moore had his career best season (not that it's saying much, but at least it was QB competence)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There, I think, you are worrying beyond the available evidence.

There is a reason that Dennison, Daboll, McDermott etc all have that persistent Peterman love.  He's reported to be a film room and whiteboard wizard who mastered the playbook very quickly and who excels at breaking down film.  He apparently has great work habits - get there early, arrive late.  Both AJM and Allen have praised him strongly.

Peterman will probably make a great Jordan Palmer or Byron Leftwich type guy, a guy with a great head for the game but something missing that doesn't let him execute as a player at a high level.  He can see it on film, he just can't see it/do it in real time.

I would like Allen and the Bills to have a vet QB available, but I can't see how contact with Peterman is going to hurt Allen in any way.

It was more of a joke and I agree w you.  I know most people hated him but I miss TT and his incomplete game. 

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

I know of a certain veteran QB whose best attribute is his mobility. Not sure our fanbase could handle it though.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think it will be Paxton, they already kicked the tires on him.  If not him, I think the 2 other more likely options are Moore and Anderson.

It SHOULD be Kap, who is best available, but that has a 0% chance of happening.  They won't want the media circus around their prized young rookie Allen.  

SECRETLY HOPING its EJ so I can get my popcorn and watch this board meltdown over a backup QB

I would be in on it being Kap.  I can't believe I am saying that, albeit I was never a "never Kap" person.  However, all it takes is one half of Nate to change my tune.

I'll take that circus above and beyond a 2-14 circus, if he can honestly help this team.

Let me just add this would be in case Allen (knock on wood) gets hurt.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Whoever they get better be mobile or they'll get killed behind this offensive offensive line.

Landry and Manuel are both somewhat mobile.

EJ Manuel??

The guy the raiders cut because he sucks, and replaced him with the guy we just traded to them, AJM, who sucks so much Peterman beat him in preseason??

I'd rather try to sign Rodney peete.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

EJ Manuel??

The guy the raiders cut because he sucks, and replaced him with the guy we just traded to them, AJM, who sucks so much Peterman beat him in preseason??

I'd rather try to sign Rodney peete.

I just figure we'll be starting 6 or 7 QB's this season so we'll need to find guys that can run away from unblocked defenders.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I just figure we'll be starting 6 or 7 QB's this season so we'll need to find guys that can run away from unblocked defenders.

My buddy, a Giants fan, when I told him the news:

Me: bills starting Allen against chargers

Him: start making his tombstone

Me: ugh. We suck.

Him: I dont see the need to start Allen with that O Line. Dumb move IMO

Me: did you f*cking watch last week?? Nathan Peterman is not an NFL QB. He's not even a sh*tty backup level QB.

Him: at least you aren't Cleveland...

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

That they do.

I didn't really respond to him after he said that.

I didn't really know how to answer.

I just felt sad.

Sure they might not of lost but they still have to break whatever witch's curse is preventing them from winning.

Edited by Warcodered

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Kaepernick is the obvious choice.

The so called "media circus" would be gone after 1 week anyway.

However, this franchise is NOT going to hire him. Pegula is worried about Trump Tweets for Christ's sake.

He's not going to sign Kaepernick.

He's not going to sign Kap because Kap expects to start and if he doesn't then everyone is racist. Teams don't want Kap because you'd have to start him no matter what, no matter how bad he plays.