PFF Had Allen Highest Graded Offensive Player

BeastMode54

18 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

FWIW

6 up, 6 down: Highest and lowest Buffalo Bills Week 1 grades from Pro Football Focus

HIGHEST: Josh Allen
Overall grade: 73.3
Best category: Pass (70.3)
Snaps played: 32

Here's a bit of a surprise. Josh Allen is currently ranked 11th among all quarterbacks with a 73.3 grade. His stat-line (6-of-15, 74 yards, 4 carries, 26 yards) clearly didn't tell the entire story on Sunday.

Allen came into the game at a point where the Ravens defense could sit back and play the pass. His grade was significantly higher than Nathan Peterman's overall grade.

LOWEST: Nathan Peterman
Overall grade: 24.3 
Worst category: Pass (25.3)
Snaps played: 32

Nathan Peterman's start against the Ravens was nothing short of a disaster. He completed 5-of-18 passes for 24 yards, threw two interceptions and took five sacks. Among qualifying quarterbacks, Peterman's grade earned him last place (31st). The next lowest grade was given to Sam Bradford (43.7).

He at least gave us something to watch on Sunday. I'm excited to see him develop. He made some mistakes, but also showed flashes of excellent play.

I like that he doesn't get rattled out there. He is always willing to make a tough throw and make something happen. Fun to watch. The rest of the offense really let him down.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

By the time he was in, it was almost like just another preseason game, though. ?

It was most definitely not a preseason game.  If you think the Ravens didn't want a shutout, you crazy man.  They were still blitzing and flying all over the field.  There aren't that many backups on a 53 man roster, so it's not like you can play 11 backups on D.  It was the real deal for Allen...

Edited by ricojes

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They gave him a higher grade than they gave Sam Darnold FWIW.

PFF's grades are a little shaky but it's clear he played well when he was in. It was a glorified scrimmage at that point but he moved the ball and got unlucky with a couple of big drops. 

Took a few sacks where guys got open and he put himself in trouble when he shouldn't have which was the knock on him at Wyoming.

Get ready Bills fans! This will be a roller coaster ride! Moments of “ dang how did he do that?” And “ dang why did he do that?”. I expect to say a lot! Hopefully by late season the mistakes will be fewer!

Im getting to one of his games to see him in person. It will be worth the long drive!

54 minutes ago, ricojes said:

It was most definitely not a preseason game.  If you think the Ravens didn't want a shutout, you crazy man.  They were still blitzing and flying all over the field.  There aren't that many backups on a 53 man roster, so it's not like you can play 11 backups on D.  It was the real deal for Allen...

I agree.  I was at the game (dismal day).  While the crowd was dwindling, the PA announcer relished updating every Raven score...."Ravens xxx, Buffalo NOTHING".  That "NOTHING" got more intense and got big cheers every time he said it.  Many starters were still in well into the 2nd half

His receivers let him down big time (and most of the team).  The dropped passes not only took points on the board.. but ALSO resulted in putting the team in 3rd and long situations, letting Baltimore pass-rush tee-off to get sacks on Allen.  But everyone just talks about Allen getting sacked 3-times or whatever.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

He will need a back up because Allen will have a broken spirit after throwing 8 picks 

okay bud.  It takes balls to play in the NFL.  If Allen's spirit is gonna get broken from one bad game, then he's already a bust.  Put the kid in.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

He moved the offense. Should've had a TD. By the time he was in, it was almost like just another preseason game, though. ?

The kid needs to start the rest of the season. We'll enjoy the ups and downs and have a fun year.

it was pure garbagetime by the time the Ravens hit the 20s on the scoreboard

with the short week the Ravens probably took it supereasy by that point

RayRay and Ed Reed would have pushed a lot harder...

15 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Wish we had a better supporting cast for this kid.   This team needs to make a huge leap next year.

i hope for some kind of tangible improvement as the season goes along

1/3 of the NFL is in the same boat or will be

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

He will need a back up because Allen will have a broken spirit after throwing 8 picks 

Aren't you the guy always bitching about people posting useless crap? Or saying people start look at me threads? Take your own advice you are no better.

Edited by Skins Malone

I don't need stats to tell me they were better with Allen in there...

To play devil's advocate, it was kind of pre-season-ish. Big deficit, we pull Nate, they pull Flacka. It's just hard to tell- everyone knew the game was over.

It's obvious Josh is better, and the only reason I would sit him for a few more weeks is the line's collective inability to block anyone. 

I will admit that trotting Nate out there again would send the message that it's a throw-away year, and you are just protecting Allen.