Post your reaction if McDermott names Peterman week 2 starter

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Neither is Peterman.  At least you get some field experience with Allen and hopefully the light bulb slowly through the season comes on.

I don't see how the light will come on by being sacked 7 times a game.    His oline in Wyoming was better. 

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

I don't see how the light will come on by being sacked 7 times a game.    His oline in Wyoming was better. 

I really don't think we have a choice though.  Peterman gives you nothing...absolutely nothing.  If he trots out there on Sunday, it's like we're waving the white flag already in week 2.

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

That's probably true, but the oline is not.   If we have to make a sacrifice, it should be Peterman.  

No way they should have traded McCarron.  None whatsoever. 

completely agree---getting rid of AJM was pure stupidity given what Peterman has to offer......never forget history or it will come back to haunt you....

It's a funny, sad situation McD has found himself in. Last year he started a rookie against the Chargers and I remember their defense said they took it personally. 

So does McD start a rookie for a second straight year against the Chargers, or walk to the podium and udder the same phrase as last year "We are going with Nate Peterman against the Chargers."

Decisions like this will make one pull out their hair. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really don't think we have a choice though.  Peterman gives you nothing...absolutely nothing.  If he trots out there on Sunday, it's like we're waving the white flag already in week 2.

They probably should have figured that out before trading our only other viable option until the line is fixed.   If they start Allen so be it but it's just another brick in a wall of failed QBs through poor development.   

We did the exact opposite of what the Jets did this preseason.   And we're going to start our young QB with very little seat time as the 1?  That's a failure from teh top down.  

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

It's a funny, sad situation McD has found himself in. Last year he started a rookie against the Chargers and I remember their defense said they took it personally. 

So does McD start a rookie for a second straight year against the Chargers, or walk to the podium and udder the same phrase as last year "We are going with Nate Peterman against the Chargers."

Decisions like this will make one pull out their hair. 

Shady sounded like he wanted Allen in in his post interview yesterday.  Said he believes in him.

I really have no faith in McBeane to evaluate QB talent at all. First they agreed that Peterman was ready to start against the Chargers last year and actually gave the team a better chance to win over TT. That decision made them look foolish. Then they trade TT and bring in McCarron, move up and draft "their guy" Josh Allen. All through preseason they rotated to give everyone a chance and they come out believing that Nate was again the best guy for the job and so much so that they trade McCarron. Then Nate goes out there and embarrasses them again. How in the hell could they start him again?? What has Nate Peterman ever done and how does he keep convincing these coaches that hes ready to go? Is he just a practice hero?

They have to start Allen because nobody else on the team can possibly have a shred of confidence in Peterman and starting him would signal to every player that they are not committed to winning football games

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Shady sounded like he wanted Allen in in his post interview yesterday.  Said he believes in him.

Honestly, I brought this up on another thread, but the offense just looked dead with Peterman. Once Allen came in they showed SOME signs of a pulse. I'm wondering if they guys just feel like they can't and won't win with Nate, so they are just going through motions when he's there.

Not a case of looking bad on purpose, and not that they looked like All Pros with Allen. But the wrong guy in that spot can take the wind out of a team right from the get go.