Post your reaction if McDermott names Peterman week 2 starter

Just now, bmur66 said:

You are very observant. I have no idea. LOL

No wonders they went out of business. They thought their customer service was EXCELLENT because nobody ever called to complain. Lo and Behold nobody knew what number to call ;).

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

curious where THEY get the animations from

13 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

yeah, just two fewer interceptions, actually scoring points and not going a whole half without a first down. Other than that, similar.  

I'm not going to defend Peterman, he played poorly. As I recall though both picks were a result of the receiver not completing his route. Ball on target, receiver just stopped or got held up in their route.  Need to look at the tape ?.  That and the Ravens after a couple Josh possessions played subs and stopped bringing the heat. Josh was sacked 3 times in his first several attempts. 

I think McD could go either way on this for the next game.  It's going to be a long ugly year QB and offense-wise.  They simply don't have the talent on the o-line or among the receivers. 

If McD starts Allen on Sunday then he'll have lost me.

You guys think vets in the meeting room will be advocating for Allen. You forget just how raw he looked in camp and in preseason. The team knows he isn't helping them win at this point either.

McD has two choices for week 2. Build Peterman back up to give him one more chance, or sign or trade for a competent QB. We'll still wind up losing but you might keep the locker room for another few weeks before the wheels comes off. 

Allen can play half way through the season when we're officially out of it and the stakes are low. 

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

You guys think vets in the meeting room will be advocating for Allen. You forget just how raw he looked in camp and in preseason. The team knows he isn't helping them win at this point either.

McD has two choices for week 2. Build Peterman back up to give him one more chance, or sign or trade for a competent QB. We'll still wind up losing but you might keep the locker room for another few weeks before the wheels comes off. 

Allen can play half way through the season when we're officially out of it and the stakes are low. 

Shady said yesterday in the post game interview that he believes in Allen.  

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

giphy.gif

When Nate does this, do you think the secondary does this?

Shocked

6 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Alexander and others were praising Allen during camp....you think they will be advocating for Peterman?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tom Delonge WTF?

I don't think I would even be mad.  Obviously not happy but what are you gonna do?

Pretty much sums it up for me too.  Personally I think Allen will start, and SHOULD start, but I still think its entirely possible McD starts Peterman again next week, not because he feels he is the best choice, but to simply delay starting Allen yet.  

But the 3 main reasons I believe Allen is the guy McD will start this week are:

1. He pulled Peterman early in the 3rd quarter instead of in the 4th.  When you pull a guy in the 4th in a blowout loss, then you can fall back and lean on the fact you are giving the kids reps in a blowout loss.  However, when you pull Peterman as early as they did, you are saying more about Peterman there and that he is a liability and that a QB change was needed.  You kind of lose the mop up duty reasoning, thats a significant change and to do so this early in the first game of the season felt more like they had seen enough of NP and realized that they dont have any choice but to play Allen earlier than planned.
  2. Chargers game is the easiest game of our next few games IMO, and its our home opener.  Fans do NOT want to see Peterman again except for the delusional BullBuchanan and SaviourPeterman peeps.  If you are gonna start the kid soon, this is the game to do it, not the following week against the Vikings.  Let the kid get a full game in BEFORE facing the best defense in the NFL.
  3. He doesn't want to start to lose the locker room.  No one on that team right can possibly believe NP gives the Bills the best chance to win, and no one in that locker room wants to lose.  He has to start the guy that gives the Bills the BEST chance to win, and that was clearly established this weekend, its Allen.  They know it, the players know it, the media knows it, the fans know it.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Pretty much sums it up for me too.  Personally I think Allen will start, and SHOULD start, but I still think its entirely possible McD starts Peterman again next week, not because he feels he is the best choice, but to simply delay starting Allen yet.  

But the 3 main reasons I believe Allen is the guy McD will start this week are:

1. He pulled Peterman early in the 3rd quarter instead of in the 4th.  When you pull a guy in the 4th in a blowout loss, then you can fall back and lean on the fact you are giving the kids reps in a blowout loss.  However, when you pull Peterman as early as they did, you are saying more about Peterman there and that he is a liability and that a QB change was needed.  You kind of lose the mop up duty reasoning, thats a significant change and to do so this early in the first game of the season felt more like they had seen enough of NP and realized that they dont have any choice but to play Allen earlier than planned.
  2. Chargers game is the easiest game of our next few games IMO, and its our home opener.  Fans do NOT want to see Peterman again except for the delusional BullBuchanan and SaviourPeterman peeps.  If you are gonna start the kid soon, this is the game to do it, not the following week against the Vikings.  Let the kid get a full game in BEFORE facing the best defense in the NFL.
  3. He doesn't want to start to lose the locker room.  No one on that team right can possibly believe NP gives the Bills the best chance to win, and no one in that locker room wants to lose.  He has to start the guy that gives the Bills the BEST chance to win, and that was clearly established this weekend, its Allen.  They know it, the players know it, the media knows it, the fans know it.  

That's the first thing I thought of too.

At this point, Peterman's reputation is actually enough to fire up the defense and make the games more difficult.  They KNOW that our O-line isn't very good, and if they get even a little bit of pressure they allow their secondary/LB's to get in front of one of his slower passes.  Defenses are salivating at the thought of facing him, and that confidence is enough to overwhelm this offense.

Add to that his confidence has to be crap.  I don't care what he says, there's no way a young guy like him can just brush off two of the worst performances in modern NFL memory.

I was on board with giving Allen time, but there's no longer anything gained.  What exactly are you telling your rookie if he isn't a better option that what we've seen from Peterman?  Let him take his lumps.  It simply can't be as bad as NP.

incredulous-gif-8.gif

Edited by Acantha