Matt Fairburn: “Kelvin Benjamin Was The Worst Player on The Field”

BuffaloRush

If Benjamin was the worst on the field, it was because Peterman was already off of it. 

K Benj  was good at one point, I’m just not sure why he’s been such a bust in Buffalo. He just needs to catch the damn ball

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Out of many disappointing things yesterday, he was the most disappointing.  Didn't fight for the ball, didn't catch the ball.  really terrible.

That pass in the EZ was right in the bread basket. 

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Vlad Ducaca gets my vote as LVP.

Mine too.

KB lacked EFFORT but sad to write he was still the best Bills WR out there. Who else was there? We saw no one. Zip. Zay Jones is a bust, no doubt now. 

The Bills running back group is solid, time to use them. No, they can't "pound the ball" when the OL is swiss cheese and McCoy gets tackled at the handoff. But use Shady with a lot more sweeps, short passes in the flats, as a wide receiver! You don't have to run that fast to get open, just run faster than the dude covering you! And often put Ivory or Murphy with Shady at the same time. I'd use these two to soften up the defense in the first half while saving Shady's body for the 2nd. 

And what about TE? We have 4 on the team. Get them involved! O'Leary at least was sometimes wide open even though he was slow. Where is Daboll's "genius"? 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Mine too.

KB lacked EFFORT but sad to write he was still the best Bills WR out there. Who else was there? We saw no one. Zip. Zay Jones is a bust, no doubt now. 

The Bills running back group is solid, time to use them. No, they can't "pound the ball" when the OL is swiss cheese and McCoy gets tackled at the handoff. But use Shady with a lot more sweeps, short passes in the flats, as a wide receiver! You don't have to run that fast to get open, just run faster than the dude covering you! And often put Ivory or Murphy with Shady at the same time. I'd use these two to soften up the defense in the first half while saving Shady's body for the 2nd. 

And what about TE? We have 4 on the team. Get them involved! O'Leary at least was sometimes wide open even though he was slow. Where is Daboll's "genius"? 

We refused to run the ball yesterday.  Reminded me of the days of Gailey when he would ride Fitz instead of handing off to Fred, Marshawn, and CJ.  13 passes, 7 runs in the 1st QTR.  You run LeShady on 3 straight downs, we get at least one first down in the 1st half.  Daboll is an idiot.

ABS. Another Beane signing. Another Bullshirt signing.

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It's sad because I just moved De'Anthony Thomas and Eli Rogers to the top of our priority list for FA next season

Free Agency: 
Telvin Coleman-RB
Eli Rogers-WR
De'Anthony Thomas-WR
Tyler Eifert-TE
Ali Marpet-LG
Daryl Williams-RT

Whoever plays the worse. Beane will sign him. A player who doesn't even dress. Find that guy and Beane will sign him.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

The Bills shouldn't be taking anyone with the #1 pick. They need to trade down if possible to get as many picks as they can get.

Yes, but we need to hope that a QB or two emerges so that other teams will want to trade up.  Teams aren’t going to give up much to trade up for a defensive lineman, no matter how good.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think Phillip Gaines was the worst player on the field. But really there were a lot of candidates for the top ranking

Gaines and KB were competing for the mantle of second worst. The runaway favorite for #1 is clear. 

My issue with KB was not the TD, which he should have caught but it was a high velocity throw and not a basic catch, but more the lack of effort on even the bad passes. He just seems to expect the balls to land in his hands. Now, Peterman was not throwing catchable balls as he seemingly has no idea how to float a ball to a 6-5 WR, but KB still put up zero effort. 

I expect more from him but if this is how he plays in a contract year, good riddance. 

Gaines, I have low expectations of. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

Benjamin looked terrible. Slow, getting no separation. The Bills also need to stop using him on deep balls. Benjamin appears to be nothing more than a slightly faster TE. Use him on crossing routes, comebacks, jump balls in corner of end zone, etc. I hope he can get better and the staff can learn how to use him correctly. 

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Benjamin looked terrible. Slow, getting no separation. The Bills also need to stop using him on deep balls. Benjamin appears to be nothing more than a slightly faster TE. Use him on crossing routes, comebacks, jump balls in corner of end zone, etc. I hope he can get better and the staff can learn how to use him correctly. 

We can put any QB we want in there and if none of the receivers can run their routes or get open, or if the line can't give said QB 2 seconds of protection, guess what?