Matt Fairburn: “Kelvin Benjamin Was The Worst Player on The Field”

BuffaloRush

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We can put any QB we want in there and if none of the receivers can run their routes or get open, or if the line can't give said QB 2 seconds of protection, guess what?

I hear ya. There were times yesterday that Allen got the ball to Benjamin. There were other times that Peterman had some time and Benjamin didn't get open. It was a total team disaster yesterday. My hope is the team will rally around Allen. 

Allen does not need the same separation Peterman does for a receiver to be open. Allen can put such velocity on the ball, defenders can't close the gap quick enough. Now the receivers having hands to catch the ball is another story. The receiving group and Benjamin in particular where letting the ball get into their body. Benjamin and the rest of the receivers will not be able to do that with Allen's passes. He just throws it too fast, the ball will bounce off them. I mean on routes where the wide out is 10-20 yds down field. They need to make a catch if it hits them in the hands. You are a pro, play like one. 

That was my exact thought throughout the game. NO EFFORT! 

Seriously, WTF does it take to motivate some of these players? My God,if the millions in salary they make is not incentive enough or playing during a contract year can't motivate you, what will? 

Edited by Returntoglory

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Benjamin stinks. He’s certainly not a number 1 and can’t be back next year. That would be a waste of cap space. 

The only response I can offer is, if he keeps playing like this he won’t be eating much of anybody’s cap space. Like vet minimum if he’s lucky. Horribly disappointing! It’s just got to get better. 

18 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Still taking Bosa at 1 over any WR.  

18 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Post game Bills Beat podcast.  Joe and Matt really hammer this team for a dreadful performance.  

IMO the best part is around 21:00 when Fairburn says that Benjamin was the worst player on the field.  He mentions the huge deals the WR’s got in the off-season and how Benjamin looked unmotivated today.  He had 1 catch on 7 targets which is not good.  He said if Benjamin is the #1 WR, then the Bills don’t have a #1 WR.  

Best WR in Buffalo plays for the Bulls unfortunately 

Just now, DuckyBoys said:

that's why the panthers moved on.  Bean worked there  He's well versed with Benjamin  That guy showed up every year fat and out of space  He knew what he was getting  Tigers dont change stripes

It’s looking more and more like a panic acquisition when the Steelers said no to moving Bryant. 

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hear ya. There were times yesterday that Allen got the ball to Benjamin. There were other times that Peterman had some time and Benjamin didn't get open. It was a total team disaster yesterday. My hope is the team will rally around Allen. 

Allen does not need the same separation Peterman does for a receiver to be open. Allen can put such velocity on the ball, defenders can't close the gap quick enough. Now the receivers having hands to catch the ball is another story. The receiving group and Benjamin in particular where letting the ball get into their body. Benjamin and the rest of the receivers will not be able to do that with Allen's passes. He just throws it too fast, the ball will bounce off them. I mean on routes where the wide out is 10-20 yds down field. They need to make a catch if it hits them in the hands. You are a pro, play like one. 

I agree and if they can’t learn to catch with their hands then they are not NFL WRs

18 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Tells you plenty about this guy when he's in a contract year and this is the result.

On another note, McBeane have traded quite a few 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up in the draft. They also did so for Benjamin, who to date hasn't done as much without his least favorite QB, Cam Newton.  

...one helluva audition......guy looked worse than an Earl Scheib paint job............