Bills will beat Chargers

Dadonkadonk

As bad as they looked today, the Bills will win next week.  Chargers are not that good. Bosa will not be 100% if he even plays.  West coast team playing early game on the East coast. Take it to the bank.  Allen will start and be ok.  Shady will have a monster game as will Clay/Croom.  

Bills win 24-13

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Remember last year when the chargers were unbeatable so we "might as well see what we had in Peterman because we weren't winning that game"

Let's see what we have in Pete. I haven't seen enough

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

The Chargers were certainly susceptible to the deep ball today, so that bodes well if Allen is playing*.   Defensive would need to step it up but I can see that group playing much better.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

* Presumably Peterman has PTSD anyway when it comes to the Chargers.

3 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

As bad as they looked today, the Bills will win next week.  Chargers are not that good. Bosa will not be 100% if he even plays.  West coast team playing early game on the East coast. Take it to the bank.  Allen will start and be ok.  Shady will have a monster game as will Clay/Croom.  

Bills win 24-13

The east coast teams playing out west have the larger disadvantage in sports

• Like (+1) 1

Based on the game today, would anybody here, or anywhere, really be surprised by a 0-16 season? I'm generally an optimist and I don't see much rationale for optimism as far as the 18/19 season goes. I like the future with some of the young talent that is on the roster plus the financial and draft capital that is coming the Bills way....but the outlook for this season is horrific as it stands.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m one of those people that didn’t think Peterman was as bad as he was perceived to be.  Well I was wrong on that one.  But I think it’s a little tough to say the Bills will rebound from this thrashing, to win next week with a rookie QB.  But I will say he looked pretty good and at least could zip the ball in there when he threw it.

• Like (+1) 1

I didnt see anything happen today that would make me optimistic enough to believe they will win the game, but it's the NFL and anything can happen.

The Bill's arent truly as bad as they were today, and the Chargers arent anything special that cant be beat. If the offence shows some life Nd can score  they can win. I still laugh seeing people who believe the Ravens arent that great of a team. They have a very good defence and what looks like a much improved offence led by a good QB. The defence didnt start out great,but they were made to look much worse when the offence couldn't do anything to stay on the field. Sustain a few drives and keep the defence off the field for a little bit and the score wouldn't have looked as awful.

4 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Bills win 24-13

I guess I have to applaud the optimism, but I have to go with “you are what your record says you are”

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess I have to applaud the optimism, but I have to go with “you are what your record says you are”

What the !@#$ does that even mean?

It's the first week of the season, and exactly half the league has the same record.

I always thought that quote from Parcells was nonsense. But people love to wash his balls. Great coach, but not every quote is brilliance.

Edited by OJ Tom

Bills win 24-13

Bills will not be able to stop the Chargers.  We will lose 38-13.  Don't attempt to get our hopes up.  This is going to be a horrible year unlike anything we have seen in 30+ years!  I'm a realist after today's debacle!  With the first pick in the 2019 draft the Bills select...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

What the !@#$ does that even mean?

It's the first week of the season, and exactly half the league has the same record.

I always thought that quote from Parcells was nonsense. But people love to wash his balls. Great coach, but not every quote is brilliance.

Nice.  If you want to know what someone means by something, by all means ask, but leave out the asterisk cussing and gratuitous crap about “washing Parcells balls”

It doesn’t make you look like someone who actually wants to know.

I could see it.  Reminds me of the game against Arizona a couple years ago.  The ravens defense dominated us week 1 and we played the cardinals at home the following week and crushed them.  

Maybe a better gameplan and being a home home opener will provide us with the juice we need.  

Bills win 24-13

How much would you like to wager?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nice.  If you want to know what someone means by something, by all means ask, but leave out the asterisk cussing and gratuitous crap about “washing Parcells balls”

It doesn’t make you look like someone who actually wants to know.

Ok.what does that actually mean, here in week one, when half the league is 0-1?

Edited by OJ Tom

Bills win 24-13

no they wont

Bills win 24-13

Didn't all the McDermott/Beane fanboys say pretty much the same thing about the Ravens?

IMO, it doesn't matter if the Chargers aren't that good because the Bills definitely ARE THAT BAD.

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

How much would you like to wager?

Give me the points and I will wager all you want. Early line is 8 at my book.  I also believe the Bills will play well in the home opener and I am cautiously optimistic after watching the team play when Allen was in the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I agree. Josh Allen makes his first NFL start and manages us to a victory 

You would at least think a little pride to bounce back might help get the win.  Allen will be ok, but he cant do it all. 

18 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

“Manage”. Ya know like a game manager? I don’t expect him to throw 350 yards and 4 tds. I expect him to do just enough...

I think he HAS to do more than manage the game. This team isn't good enough to win with a manager. They will be down, and will have to open it up out of necessity. 

I think "managing" is the absolute worst approach for him at this point. I think he needs to make big plays, and learn how to manage as he goes. It will be an erractic season of ups and downs, but this team isn't going anywhere special this season anyway.

I expect him to throw the ball around like a gunslinger whether the coach likes it or not, because that is Allen's instinctive response. 

I expect him to throw an interception or 2. 

I expect the running game to be much more effective because the opposition won't be sure to commit to stopping McCoy.

I don't know if they will win, but I feel they will be a lot better.

Edited by OJ Tom

5 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Bills win 24-13

You're crazy.  Until the Bills offense with either QB shows that it can move the ball against a defense that deploys maximum pressure on the offensive line, they won't win a game.  Not hard to game plan against the Bills.  Load up on the line and run or pass the defense will succeed.