How many times a week do you need to shave your face?

How many times a week do you have to shave your face?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a week do you have to shave your face?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+
  2. 2. Electric, disposable razor or straight/safety razor

• Electric
    • Disposable
    • Straight/Safety Razor

13 minutes ago, shrader said:

How many times I need to and how many times I actually do are two completely different numbers

This is what I was going to type too.

I'm of Italian ancestry and was shaving in the 8th grade.  I have a heavy beard and if I had to look good every day, I would shave 7 days a week.

I tend to shave every other day, however, as I work at home and have sensitive skin.

The "off day" between shaves really helps in that regard.  If I can get away with, I sometimes go 3 or even 4 days without shaving.  

I use an old school safety razor and have preached the virtues of doing so in several threads here, along with traditional shaving soaps and a brush.

Cheap disposable razors don't even work on my beard and just rip up my face, as would an electric shaver.

I used to use cartridge blades like most people but then a few years ago discovered safety razors and shaving properly.

Once you get into it and invest in the equipment, you'll never go back to half-assed shaving again.

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Every morning M-F. Stubble on the weekend.

this is exactly what i do.  if i don't have to work, i'm not shaving.  i took a week off not too long ago and let my beard grow out.  i look too much like a terrorist.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I chose disposable, but I use Dollar Shave Club razors.

I am rarely clean shaven (not counting the beard on my chin, which always stays).  I usually shave once/week.  If I wanted to be clean shaven, I'd probably shave every other day.

16 minutes ago, teef said:

this is exactly what i do.  if i don't have to work, i'm not shaving.  i took a week off not too long ago and let my beard grow out.  i look too much like a terrorist.

Longest I can let my beard grow out is about 5 days. It gets irritated too easily and it grows real slow on my face so I end up being the creepy neck beard guy.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with a disposable razor in the shower.  Will shave on weekend if I have to go to a formal social event.  Will grow out beard during summer vacation.  Can't wait until I retire and can go full Letterman.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

To look clean shaven once per day and even then the 5 O'clock shadow is in place right after lunch.  I too was shaving before high school.  I felt like a freak.

I went to a catholic grammar school and it was filled with Italians.

A bunch of us had a defined mustache and peach fuzz in the sideburn area in 8th grade and all started shaving at the same time.  I can still remember talking about it and comparing notes as some interesting new chapter in life.  LOL.

Didn't feel like a freak, though, b/c of that.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There is no 0 listed on that poll.

What about legs and armpits? 

And maybe even, um, other parts?!

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Twice a week. I do not have a lot of facial hair but it grows fast and is uncomfortable.  Problem is due to its sparsity, ingrown hairs and thinness it is hard to shave and when I shave it I need to shave it two days in a row.

I miss having barbers who do shaves.  I used to get them when I travelled to military bases and posts.  I tried but can not come even close to a job as barbers.

44 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I went to a catholic grammar school and it was filled with Italians.

A bunch of us had a defined mustache and peach fuzz in the sideburn area in 8th grade and all started shaving at the same time.  I can still remember talking about it and comparing notes as some interesting new chapter in life.  LOL.

Didn't feel like a freak, though, b/c of that.

What about legs and armpits? 

And maybe even, um, other parts?!

:lol:

Had there been more like me I would not have felt alone on the matter.  Junior high school is a time you don't want to stand out from the others on matters such as facial hair.  Anyways, long done and in the past.

Approximately 364 days/year, which assumes I have a sick day somewhere (but I usually don’t). I feel dirty if I don’t shave. I also shower and wash my hair. Life is better that way for me. 

My son is half Lebanese and came over yesterday after not shaving since Thursday. If he were at the airport he would have been pulled out of line for a full cavity search.  I mentioned that and he didn’t seem to like the idea, which I’ll take as a good sign. 

I grew a beard in college (back when my hair was brown), but the beard came in red. Shaggy, and ridiculous.....and red. There is a photo of that somewhere, and it amuses even ME! 

Beard. I started growing it when I started shaving my head because I now have a bald spot on the crown of my head that is too obvious to ignore. It was kind of a spite beard because of the baldness. It's about eight inches long now. I have to put it in a rubber band at night or I wake up with hair in my mouth five times a night. It was amusing driving from Buffalo to Dallas with it. People would kind of look suspiciously at me and say hello and then when I said hello back they relaxed. I think they were trying to decide if I was a hillbilly or a terrorist. I'm about ready to get rid of it, but I haven't given up hope for the world's most spectacular comb over, so maybe I'll keep it a bit longer.