Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

45 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

When they threw it to him in bounds he had a BIG problem with tracking it. He didnt seem to have a problem catching it out of bounds though. He has talent but a needs to develop. Seeing he didnt do crap in college, He is a long shot in the NFL. Maybe he can help on ST. That may be his spot in the NFL.

I swear I read on TSW that Zay Jones would be cut. Can any confirm this!?

Deaf ears. May as well save your fingers the time. I’m seriously considering my no ignore rule.

20 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

OLeary made big plays in big situations for us in real games...thats something none of these other guys have done(maybe Clay)

He’s made some plays, but there is a new OC . OLeary looks like he’s running in sand compared to others on the roster. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s made some plays, but there is a new OC . OLeary looks like he’s running in sand compared to others on the roster. 

Just not as athletic as the other guys.

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Deaf ears. May as well save your fingers the time. I’m seriously considering my no ignore rule.

LOL, OH NO! 

It is mildly entertaining for a couple seconds. Then u realize he is crazy!

Edited by snamsnoops

15 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

It's 52 with no McCarron

JOE B:

(WKBW) - The Buffalo Bills, at least for the time being, have finalized their roster for the 2018 regular season. Following the preseason, the Bills made the necessary amount of moves to get to the new roster limit of 53 players. The Bills even took it one step further, and got down to 52 players.

52 minutes ago, njbuff said:

So Vlad lives on?

Yes & Newhouse. :death:

50 minutes ago, scribo said:

So people actually thought they'd just cut a starter right out of the gate? He's not going anywhere until they get someone on the roster who the coaches think is better.

You're sure about that?

57 minutes ago, Big C said:

O'Leary did make some plays. I'm sure cutting him wasn't an easy decision. 

Croom got hurt last camp though if I recall, and Lee was already being utilized as our blocking TE with success. So I see how it all came together here. Maybe O'Leary should have stayed over Thomas but they must believe in Thomas and his measurables.

I thought Thomas out-performed O’Leary this offseason/preseason. 

Plus I guess he is excellent in the meeting room & on the sidelines. There was just an article on it recently.  Check it out -

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/08/bills_tight_end_logan_thomas_using_qb_mindset_to_flourish.html

When any member of the Buffalo Bills tight end group has a question about new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll's complex system, they go to Logan Thomas.

"Logan still sees things as a quarterback," said Bills starting tight end Charles Clay. "So as far as coverages and reading defenses go, Logan, he's in tune, and he sees it probably quicker than just about anybody else."

Croom has played well throughout camp and has some experts giving him a chance to make the team. The second-year tight end credits Thomas for helping him understand his responsibilities and has taken some elements of the veteran's game and added it to his own.

Thomas said that his deep knowledge of football comes from having to know what everyone is doing on the field at all times for so many years.

"If you can just pick out some small things that will help you tremendously. Like location of linebackers and location of safeties - it lets you play faster and lets you get to you spots," Thomas said.

Lee is more of a blocking tight end but has shown flashes of his ability to catch the football during the Bills' two preseason games. He attributes some of his success to Thomas.

"He knows what types of pressures are coming:he knows when we're breaking hot; he knows when they're bringing stunts," Lee said. "He has a book of knowledge."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Until we have someone better Ducasse stays.

A duffle bag would be better.

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

concern is, what do we have behind him  Seems to be Teller or Groy, depending on Bodine.

I know, is puzzlement.  Ducasse is awful. I would roll the dice with Teller.