Will Josh Allen play tomorrow?

Bills365

depend on AJM i suppose. someone has to play the game !

Logan Thomas perhaps at QB

jk

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Starters usually don’t.  

Unless coach wants him to get back on the saddle

IN the saddle.

:  )

• Haha (+1) 1

Yea we will probably have to wait until tomorrow  afternoon to find out. I doubt Peterman plays. So hoping for Allen the first half maybe McCarron the 2nd? We haven't brought anyone else in. Just an odd circumstance this year at qb. Hard to say who stands where in the pecking order for all 3 qbs at this point. 

I don't think anything tomorrow can clarify the QB situation unless someone gets hurt or McDermott chooses to make his choice public.

McCarron could play the entire game and if he does well he might be in the hunt to start.

Peterman could start and I won't know whether McDermott thinks the #1s need work or he is resting his true starter in Allen.

Allen could start and vice-versa.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think it’s possible that Allen plays the entire game tomorrow. The reps aren’t going to hurt him. They haven’t committed to a starter yet for opening day. They know what they have in Peterman. Allen could use the game experience.

Yeah, I don’t think he’s ready for prime time but he should get all the reps he can.  Plus, it makes one of the most worthless games ever somewhat interesting.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think it’s possible that Allen plays the entire game tomorrow. The reps aren’t going to hurt him. They haven’t committed to a starter yet for opening day. They know what they have in Peterman. Allen could use the game experience.

Yea the experience would be great for him. I would love to see him play the whole game. I doubt it happens though. Either way I will be up late watching the game and being to work at 5am. I know it's the 4th preseason game and the starters wont play. I just canr get enough of Bill's football especially  this time of year.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah Baker is starting their game for Cleveland and Mahomes started the 4th preseason game last year for KC. No reason why Josh wouldn’t play, he’s in the same situation here. It’s valuable game-ish reps.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

i am totally with you here. let the kid get out there and just launch it!

Allen could certainly use the experience. Sadly, I’m far more concerned than usual about putting any of our QB’s out there. Allen is the one I want protected the most. Like it or not, he is the future.  Hand off to some volunteer all night and look forward to games that count. Pray a “blocking miracle” happens before we play the Ravens. 

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The reps won’t hurt him, but the Bears might! ?

I agree he could use the experience. I need to get over the head slam scare from the Bengals game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Allen could certainly use the experience. Sadly, I’m far more concerned than usual about putting any of our QB’s out there. Allen is the one I want protected the most. Like it or not, he is the future.  Hand off to some volunteer all night and look forward to games that count. Pray a “blocking miracle” happens before we play the Ravens. 

Fortunately he will be playing against backups so let’s hope it’s not quite the debacle that it was vs the Bengals starting defensive front.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fortunately he will be playing against backups so let’s hope it’s not quite the debacle that it was vs the Bengals starting defensive front.

Yeah, I wish we could challenge people in games of 2’s and 3’s vs 2’s and 3’s. I like our odds better there! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Does anyone know when this game replays on NFLN? I have to leave for a wedding in PA and the timing gets wonky, but I’ll want to see it. I think.....

If you're going to be pretty much anywhere in western/north central,Pa...you should be able to pick up the live radio feed .just a thought....safe travels.

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

If you're going to be pretty much anywhere in western/north central,Pa...you should be able to pick up the live radio feed .just a thought....safe travels.

Thanks! We actually leave VERY early Friday, so the game will have passed (not available live in my area) and I’m looking for a replay time so I can record while we’re traveling. Maybe I’ll spend time tomorrow scanning thru NFLN looking for it if nobody happens to know. 

1 hour ago, COTC said:

If he plays, he’s not starting the season and we’re officially tanking the season. 

Not one would ever accuse you of not having strong opinions. 

Good opinions tho? might be a bit more debatable. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Thanks! We actually leave VERY early Friday, so the game will have passed (not available live in my area) and I’m looking for a replay time so I can record while we’re traveling. Maybe I’ll spend time tomorrow scanning thru NFLN looking for it if nobody happens to know. 

Aug,Saturday morning at 9 am.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

Whichever QB starts is third on the depth chart. Whichever QB we don't see play at all, is starting.

Well, that's the conventional wisdom but I'm not sure it applies this year to this team.

We don't really have a starter.  They should both play tomorrow (Nate & Josh, that is).