Right now, who is the Bills best Qb?

Who is the Bills best QB right now.?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bills best QB right now.?

• Allen
    • McCarron
    • Peterman

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Peterman.

Laugh all you want but Peterman is playing the best right now.  And it's not close.

Allen will take over at some point this season, but your best shot to beat the Ravens is with Peterman

We can revisit this in the near future. Peterman is atrocious, he couldn’t throw a rock through a window. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

We can revisit this in the near future. Peterman is atrocious, he couldn’t throw a rock through a window. 

Look at his completion percentage this preseason.

Another example of never letting facts obscure your opinion.  Is Peterman ultimately better than Allen?  Of course not.  Is he playing better right now?  There is no logical reason to say he's not.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Look at his completion percentage this preseason.

Another example of never letting facts obscure your opinion.  Is Peterman ultimately better than Allen?  Of course not.  Is he playing better right now?  There is no logical reason to say he's not.

You’re putting stock in preseason stats. Then when he runs face first into a brick wall you can act surprised.

He doesn’t have enough arm talent to do anything besides mop up duty. 

Just now, Commonsense said:

You’re putting stock in preseason stats. Then when he runs face first into a brick wall you can act surprised.

Since arm talent isn’t a thing, Peterman simply doesn’t have enough arm strength.

That’s really it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I'd suggest going back and looking at the sideline throw to Benjamin in the Carolina game. That throw takes a strong arm. Is it as strong as Allen's? No, but Petermans arm is plenty strong enough for this league 

I look at Peterman as a future Tom Brady if he works out like a freak. He still needs to hit the gym. 

I see Josh Allen as a human rocket launcher. I love the potential. 

#TeamPeterman. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd suggest going back and looking at the sideline throw to Benjamin in the Carolina game. That throw takes a strong arm. Is it as strong as Allen's? No, but Petermans arm is plenty strong enough for this league 

Are you talking about the touchdown?

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Eh, it’s ok for a backup.  I feel like he will get exposed big time in the regular season.  But the guy earned the job this preseason.  Good for him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

On the field it's been Peterman but his got a lower ceiling than Allen. I'd consider Nate a 7, McCarron a 6 and Allen a 5 if ranking 1-10, with 10 being Brady/Rogers/Brees type. 

Peterman or Allen, if the starter will both likely be considered the worst starting QB in the NFL by objective third party observers. Its laughable to suggest Peterman is 70% as good a Brady (7/10) and that Allen is 71% as good as Peterman (5 vs 7).   The Gap between Peterman and Brady is a giant chasm.  

20 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I look at Peterman as a future Tom Brady if he works out like a freak. He still needs to hit the gym. 

#TeamPeterman. 

So if he works out hard he will be the best QB ever, win 5 Super Bowls and play in 8? Sign me up!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

i voted Allen because i look at it like this...

on Allen's best day, he can do what Peterman can do, an so much more. But on Peterman's best day, he cannot do what Allen can. Peterman has a better understanding of the quick passing attack. he can make quick decisions and get the ball out in a hurry. he can even scramble and use his legs as an asset. but the physical attributes of Allen, to me, outweigh the polish and readiness of Peterman to run this offense.

7 minutes ago, Lfod said:

#TeamPeterman. 

Oh man.  Pass the dutchie on the left hand side. 

2 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i voted Allen because i look at it like this...

on Allen's best day, he can do what Peterman can do, an so much more. But on Peterman's best day, he cannot do what Allen can. Peterman has a better understanding of the quick passing attack. he can make quick decisions and get the ball out in a hurry. he can even scramble and use his legs as an asset. but the physical attributes of Allen, to me, outweigh the polish and readiness of Peterman to run this offense.

Let’s be honest - everything about Allen is about potential.  Of the 3 qbs on our roster, Allen was the least productive in college against the worst competition.  

Allen has all the physical abilities but the nfl has seen those guys before.  He still has a ways to go and putting him out there too soon might crush him. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So if he works out hard he will be the best QB ever, win 5 Super Bowls as play in 8? Sign me up!!

Ok I was stretching a bit. I see him as a guy that if he turns into a fitness freak he could lead a team to a Superbowl and possibly win one. 

Just understand that when I say fitness freak it has to be at the level he goes so hard he's writing books about his diet when he's franchise. 

I don't think he has had the time to live the type of life to get his body to the level it needs to be. You will see some bad next season if he starts in my opinion. 

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It won nine games last year??

If we could of scored my points last year just imagine what this team could of done. Especially with all those turnovers early in the season. We literally would have walked all over the Panthers instead of losing.

We could of dominated the Jaguars. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Apparently you haven’t seen his trick shot video 

And that was before he even had an avocado smoothie! Imagine the possibilities! 

Peterman has played the best this preseason. That’s hard to argue. They all played against 1’s, 2’s and 3’s. Peterman has it figured out more than Allen, but he will never have his physical gifts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Peterman's quick release will get you 20 picks by the end of the season.  He's the best passer at throwing on time and at a WR but he's going to throw it whether he should or not.  McCarron will most likely be the most similiar to Taylor which believe it or not is everyones best chance of winning (at the moment) and Allen seems to have a  lot of talent but the question is still there about being up to NFL speed and do they want to throw him out there.  Peterman is simply all or nothing and he may have a few flashes but he's no  Vinny Testaverde ............. or is he :)?

Vs a tough defense, tough pass rush only one Qb on the roster has the ability to escape the pocket.  That's Allen.  Under similar circumstances I trust Peterman the least.  Off platform, off rythem passes will be turnovers with Peterman.  Baltimore, San Diego, Minnesota  will have a feild day with a Peterman led offense.  Pack the box stop McCoy, third and long jump the outside routes.  

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Doing what..throwing safe passes? That style won't win you many games...

That’s mostly what Brady does, but then, they name allowed to run a pick play at will. They are the Pats*, you know....

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Let’s be honest - everything about Allen is about potential.  Of the 3 qbs on our roster, Allen was the least productive in college against the worst competition.  

Allen has all the physical abilities but the nfl has seen those guys before.  He still has a ways to go and putting him out there too soon might crush him. 

he is absolutely all about potential. but i am too old to keep waiting. i don't need the kid to play right away, but i do need this coaching staff to be 100% all in on this kid when they do put him in. no flip flopping. once he is your starter, he is your starter until he retires and goes up on the wall, or you know that he is a bum and you have drafted the next guy. 

i really do like peterman, but if he is starting, all he is doing is buying time. and i guess i am ok with that, i just don't want the poor kid to go out there and get hit with boos and "we want Allen" chants.

For me it is two close to vote Nate/Josh. My gut says Nate yet my desire wants Josh. I will say that Nate has improved in one year more then I have seen as a fan in the last 15 years of the drought. I do think that improvement and his play on the field puts him up front. That said, we did not see any RAP at all in the last 2 games or the gaget plays at all. I think that is by design. Also we have not seen the two in the meeting room or on the practice field as of late. 

Also, there have been alot of Nate sucks/Josh shouldnt have been the pick people on this page. There is now way to win an argument with either because of your strong bias. May the best man get us back in the playoffs

All that said, We will be looking for a 4th QB this year if what we saw on the line play Sunday is what we will see this season. LET"S GO BILLS!!!

7 minutes ago, Lfod said:

If we could of scored my points last year just imagine what this team could of done. Especially with all those turnovers early in the season. We literally would have walked all over the Panthers instead of losing.

We could of dominated the Jaguars. 

Was at the Panthers game...... BRUTAL offensive showing.

This vote shouldn't even be close.

Look at the current facts and what you have seen with your own eyes.

Peterman has clearly and emphatically won this job.  He will start. 

If not, that means that McDermott's "trust the process" cannot be trusted.  The processes in place have revealed the starter.  Clearly.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Was at the Panthers game...... BRUTAL offensive showing.

It just felt like so many missed opportunites last season. It was frustrating at times. Even in the games we won sometimes I wished Tyrod could turn it up. Offense needs to be cut throats.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1