Please name Josh Allen the starter

At this point, he can't help but start Allen.

Beane needs to find a backup QB 

PLUS more offensive talent!!!!!!

McCoach can't just say the same ole bull **** and expect fans to watch this dumpster fire.  WOW

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's just a matter of when now.  Hopefully tomorrow, so they can bring in a backup and cut Peterman.  He just doesn't have it when the bullets fly for real.

I don't know if they cut Peterman, yes he was awful but anyone knew they can bring in isn't going to know the offense.

3 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Just wanted to thank Coach McDermott for seeing the light. Only one week late.  Coach if you want any more advice, just PM me on this board, I will walk you through the next steps. 

Jesus you are arrogant

Allen was going to start at some point this year at some point anyway........but by all means give him a call and let him know all this

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Don't know. 

Don't know. 

Don't know. 

Your a tool.  

I go for 1 for 1 in this example. I only comment on the things I know. 

Ha

you’re a loser

and you don’t know grammar

Edited by Buffalo716

• 2 months later...

Here are some of my favorites:

On 8/18/2018 at 6:53 AM, Scorp83 said:

I don't know..."This guy Pete" looms like a different dude! He's showing some swag... lol...love the one arm compression sleeve 

With Pete looking this good... no need to rush Allen in the game this early in his career. Remember it's only preseason & he hasn't went up against a 1st team defense yet

On 8/18/2018 at 9:31 AM, BigDingus said:

Yeah... let's forget that AJ got hurt because our o-line got man-handled. That's really what Allen need right now. 

It's funny, when our QB's suck, "it's only preseason gosh!" But when we see one do well, it's full steam ahead, next stop Hall of Fame! 

And despite Peterman actually playing better than any of our starters, we could care less because "oh , ah! Look at Josh Allen's arm!" And all based on some preseason games... If he was the exact same person, only drafted in the 5th round, I highly doubt there'd be half as much of this going around. 

On 8/18/2018 at 10:22 AM, suorangefan4 said:

I'm going to respond for him.

Allen had a 4.6 YPA last night. Peterman had 11.3.

Buffalo fan logic 4.6 > 11.3.

Allen had 3 scoring drives last night? They started at the CLE 41 yard line on one of them and the BUF 44 yard line the other. They didn't exactly go real far those drives and got a field goal each time.

Peterman also had what would've been 3 scoring drives. The TD drive. Another where the backup kicker missed a field goal. And one where the game expired where Peterman took them from their own 33 yard line to the CLE 18 yard line.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, suorangefan4 said:

So why are people making claims that Allen was so much better when that's not reality at all?

And let's judge on college then.

Peterman was better in college. He absolutely lit up Clemson even. He had very good games against Penn State, Miami and Duke also. The guy has a lot of talent and people refuse to acknowledge it.

Allen has a lot of untapped potential too but he hasn't put it all together yet. I like both QBs. I wouldn't be mad with either starting but I think Peterman is better right now.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, suorangefan4 said:

What? 

Did you forget the play Peterman made last week when he escaped the rush, got outside the pocket and hit Benjamin along the sideline? That was an even tougher play than the one Allen made. He also made a nice play along the sideline last night under duress but was just a hair over the LOS when he threw it and got a penalty.

The throw Peterman made to O'Leary down the sideline was a perfectly thrown back shoulder throw. Not an easy throw at all.

Peterman is much better at escaping pressure than his naysayers are saying.

On 8/19/2018 at 7:13 AM, Mat68 said:

Give him 3 weeks of first team reps.  Starting Peterman is like the Texans starting Savage last year.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:06 PM, GunnerBill said:

If they start Nate I could absolutely see a Savage / Watson 2017 situation where they realise by half time of game 1 that they screwed up and switch them. 

On 8/20/2018 at 2:07 PM, jrober38 said:

True.

The best QB so far appears to have been Peterman. 

I'd like to see him keep Allen on the bench for at least a month so he can learn what it's like to be a pro and the preparation that needs to go into an NFL game before handing him the reigns. 

I'm not comfortable whatsoever giving him the ball week 1 when every scouting report said he was an enormous project. 

On 8/26/2018 at 5:12 PM, Yeezus said:

you can delete this thread now

delusional fans. 

On 8/26/2018 at 6:34 PM, jrober38 said:

Josh Allen is the 3rd best QB on this roster right now.

He needs to hold a clip board and learn the position this season.

Peterman should start, and McCarron should be his backup. If another starter, or a backup get injured early in the season, I'd try to trade McCarron and promote Allen to primary backup at the end of September/early October. 

On 8/26/2018 at 6:44 PM, jrober38 said:

Peterman is our best QB. He's shown he's in command of the offense, is accurate, and he gets the ball out on time. His arm is obviously lacking, but he does a good job attacking the middle of the field and we can game plan to attack that area off play action once Shady is on the field. It's when he throws to the boundary that he can get into trouble. 

I think McCarron is probably a step behind him. We haven't seen much of him but he's proven to be a somewhat capable NFL backup in the past. 

Allen is the 3rd guy IMO. His inexperience showed badly today. He held the ball too long, took unnecessary sacks when he could have got rid of the ball and ultimately looked very overwhelmed.

Josh Allen was a massive project when we picked him. People might not want to hear it, but this is a guy who was a 2-3 year project who needed to learn how to lead an offense and consistently move the chains. He hasn't done that so far. His 4.7 YPA for the preseason is pathetic and today showed that his awareness still isn't where it needs to be. He held the ball too long and took sacks when he could have dumped the ball incomplete. 

Stash him on the bench for as long as possible. He needs to work on a lot of things before he's ready to play meaningful regular season games yet. 

On 8/26/2018 at 9:08 PM, Lfod said:

Then why didn't Josh go 9/10 for a TD?  If he's better then Peterman it should have shown in preseason. Josh has a better arm. Not the better preseason. Josh isn't better than Nate Peterman in preseason change my mind. 

I kept my mouth shut while everyone over hyped themselves.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:37 PM, Green Lightning said:

Nonsense. I get it you're a fanboy but that's not the case. With a terrible o-line you have to get the ball out fast. Peterman is superior at that and makes decisions faster at this point in his career. Allen is the long-term answer but Peterman is better for now.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:45 PM, Bills4Ever4Life said:

This is all very simple. Allen and Peterman both had a chance with the 1s 2s and 3s. Who did the best at each level. Peterman. Whatever the reason is, he gives us the best chance to win now....I say we give it to him.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:59 PM, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Peterman was 9 / 10, 118 yards 1td 1int not his fault behind the same oline and the same play calling. Peterman had touchdown scoring drives EVERY DRIVE, no matter what string he played with. Every time her was on the field her kept drives alive and made plays. Every time Allen was on the field he did the same thing. Till tonight. He played with the same players, in the same scheme and floundered. Peterman got rid of the ball on average less than 2 seconds. Allen has 5 seconds at one point and still didn't get it out. Maybe Cincinnati is just that good, but I don't think so.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:00 AM, Bills4Ever4Life said:

To be honest, I just don't see how you can think that Allen is better. I wholeheartedly believe that Allen's CEILING is better. I believe the kid has shown some signs of why we picked him where we did. In no way shape or form did he outplay Peterman this offseason. This coming from a guy who was NOT a Peterman fan and REALLY wanted Allen to light it up tonight and earn his starting position outright. He didn't and once again Peterman did well. Peterman played with the 3's....100+ yards 1TD.....he played with the 2's tonight and was 16 for 21 / 200 yards 1TD and ran another drive that led to a run TD. When he played with the 1's he was 9/10 118 yards 1TD / 1 "not his fault" INT. I'm sorry but Peterman outplayed Allen and trust me I REALLY wanted it the other way around. 

Edit after game 1:

Welp, I am eating crow now. Looks like Peterman is nothing but a pre-season star. Here is to hoping that Allen looks better than he did in pre-season as much as Peterman looks worse than he did.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:16 AM, Bills4Ever4Life said:

I'm fine with you wanting to ignore pre-season statistics. That's your prerogative. I choose NOT to ignore them. I am also concerned that you choose to both ignore good statistics put up by Peterman and poor statistics put up by Allen.

Actually, last time I checked I was 20/20 vision AND I was AT two of the games. I have watched the ALL 22 film after the first two games over and over. My "sighted self" can see a QB that is getting the ball out fast / accurate and consistently. I see a QB who can run if he needs to and is playing smart.  I also see a young rookie QB that had a chance to show that he was better under the SAME o-line with the SAME WR's as the first QB but instead sat in the pocket an average of 4 seconds .....that is a LONG time. You can blame the play calling but the SAME person was playcalling for both so you are either saying that the offensive coordinator is screwing Allen over and giving Peterman all the "good" plays, or, more likely, they are given the same plays but Peterman is simply disecting the defense / field quicker. I'm not sure how ANY of this leads Peterman to be "THE WORST" QB in the NFL. I think your still jaded by his ONE game. 

Where did I EVER say that Peterman was some sort of "grizzled savvy veteran." Keep It Simple Stupid....Peterman played better at all levels of competition. Every time he goes in there the momentum pushes forward. He earned a spot as a starter and i'd be PISSED if I was Peterman and put on the kind of showing that I did and didn't get the starting position. All that would show me is that the competition was a farce from the beginning and nothing he could have done would have got him the starting position. Seriously, what did he need to do to convince you? Throw 20 TD's for 1000 yards in 4 - 5 quarters of play? 

On 8/27/2018 at 10:06 AM, Green Lightning said:

Allen has a much higher ceiling and a better skill set, but this point in his development he's not a better QB based on production. Use your head and not your heart. Just because you want to be so doesn't make it so. Peterman has moved the ball consistently whether it's with the ones, twos or threes. He makes decisions faster and gets the ball out faster.  I go by production and not hopes. Allen just needs some more development, then it's his time.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:41 PM, Mat68 said:

I think Allen gives the Bill's the best chance to win real football games.  I dont think we have seen Dabolls offense yet, and having McCoy in the backfield changes how a defense will attack.  If Peterman starts I see that going down hill fast and Allen plays sooner rather than later.  Peterman doesnt have the arm to challenge down the field or outside the numbers.  His front side throw to the boundary hangs and is a pick six waiting to happen. 

On 8/28/2018 at 12:01 AM, Lfod said:

I look at the post game interviews of JA and Peterman. One guy looks embarrassed and the other guy looks confident.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:32 AM, Bills4Ever4Life said:

I'm not self involved. Maybe a bit self CENTERED ;)....but in honesty you were directly replying to my post so it makes sense that you were lumping me in with that crowd. 

As to Peterman being awful and being the worst starting QB in the NFL....you obviously have your opinion. It's barely grounded in reality and very heavily relies on your own personal feelings but you are allowed to have it. At this point I will just agree to disagree and move forward.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:56 AM, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Heck even pro football focus understands that the interception wasn't his fault. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-2018-panthers-28-bills-23. I'm sick of posting videos / photos that show the ball was BARELY behind him, NOT LATE, and maybe a few inches high. Ivory didn't have to slow down, turn around or otherwise break stride but instead just had to put his hands up and it bounced right off of them. THIS IS NOT HIS FAULT. 

I'll admit that he didn't play against a game plan but it was anything but vanilla (multiple blitzes with overloads etc....watch cover1.net) and he did a good job of getting out quick. 

Incorrect. Do you want to know why NP didn't face the same pressure AJM has? Time to Release. NP has had a TTR or less than 2 seconds for 90% of his throws. Also, Nathan Peterman moves the offense at a MUCH quicker pace. He gets the team to the line quicker, gets the plays off quicker. In fact he gets them off an average of 10 seconds faster than AJM did and last game it wasn't even close. Keeping the defense on its heals with a fast paced offense that keeps throwing dinks and dunks for 5 - 10 yards with some breaking out for more now and then is EXACTLY how the Patriots have destroyed so many people for so long. Is NP the next Tom Brady? lol hell no but he takes what Brady does well and replicates it to a certain extent. THIS is why it LOOKS like NP isn't getting pressure....because any oline can hold a block for 1 second. It's the reason the running backs look better with NP under center. They are so afraid of the quick plays and so hard on their heals that they don't go throwing 8 in the box and overloading the run. Simple fact is, Nathan Peterman HAS faced some of the same defenders as AJM and with WORSE oline in place at times and he STILL made plays. Allen has a higher ceiling but the current status has NP well above JA.

and who drove the team all the way down the field to allow the easy walk in? Also, NP HAS played behind that bad oline and im sorry but the Panthers had ALL their starters in and were in fact blowing by the oline....but by the time they got to NP the ball was out. NP made our o-line look good and good QB's do that. 

I get what you're saying. You have your opinion. I have watched all the games over and over. I have seen them live and on replay....I have done my due diligence and from what I have seen, Peterman is our man for now. Lucky for you I am not the coaching staff. I will continue to have my educated opinion and I will nod and shake my head to whomever they decide to give the start because they see SOOOO much more than I get to. Their decision will be much more educated than mine. I'm done arguing with someone who has obviously given up on Peterman after his one poor debut. It's funny because I had too.....but then I saw him play this off-season and came to rational conclusions. Why can't you?

On 8/28/2018 at 11:21 AM, jrober38 said:

After two possessions of not moving the ball, Allen started to look like a deer in the headlights. As the end of the 2nd quarter neared, he looked really lost. He was holding the ball too long, and didn't pull the trigger on a few throws that ultimately resulted in sacks that didn't have to happen. 

Transplant might disagree, but Allen is an enormous project. At 6'5, 240, with 4.7 speed and the biggest arm to enter the NFL in about 10 years, if he wasn't a project he would have gone number 1 overall. Allen "slid" on draft day despite his enormous raw talent because he's a risky proposition. He was a mediocre QB prospect who came out of the Mountain West and quite simply isn't ready to run with the 1s against starting calibre defenses at this point in his development.

As you said, hearing a rookie QB talk about how fast the game was, and about how he was overwhelmed and wasn't able to conduct proper presnap reads is a pretty serious indictment of how ready he is to lead an NFL offense.

Nate Peterman on the other hand looks to be in complete control of the offense. He's quick to the line, knows what's going on with the other 10 guys on the field with him and he gets the ball out quickly. He lacks arm strength, but he's accurate and the ball gets out quickly. Allen has the talent, but as things stand he doesn't know how to properly use his tools because he processes what's happening on the field at a slower pace. He doesn't have experience and the jump from the MWC to the NFL is enormous. 

On 9/9/2018 at 3:27 PM, Knicks&Bills said:

After last year I don’t know what they were thinking trotting peterman on the field

On 9/9/2018 at 3:29 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

McDermott has a huge ego.  This was about trying to prove he was right about Peterman before. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Glad to made your favorites. I stand by it. In preseason Peterman outplayed the other QBs. He just royally sucked when the games counted.

I had a little hope for him this year going off what they said about his offseason improvement in TC, but even though he had a statistically good preseason some of those throws that he just lacks kept popping up...most times the only reason they didn't go for 6 the other way was the quality of the defenders he was going against. He's just not an NFL level QB unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Ahh, If only you and 26CB coached the team...

I could have made better QB choices, I can tell you that. :D Although, again, it wasn't hard. Nate should have been released before the start of last year, and if not, surely after the Chargers game. And it wasn't hindsight 20/20. It was foresight 80/20. 

• Like (+1) 1