Bills' Preseason Week 1 Game Day vs. Carolina - 7 PM ET at New Era Field

44 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I am much happier with k benj

Agreed!  I was very happy we got him, but also felt he had to still prove he can be a true high end #1 WR.  Well, I was very impressed with how he looked today, certainly looked like a guy on a mission and faster than he's looked in a while!  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Good or bad, I usually take pre-season with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I feel like that’s the motto of most reasonable people. You still don’t see reasons to be encouraged? 

Realism is the practice of seeing things how they really are. Some people seem to think it means painting everything with a grey brush. 

I wonder if Patriot realists talk about how the Super Bowls they won are ok, but could’ve been better?

Edited by Bobby Hooks
Punctuation

3 minutes ago, Messiah said:

Combined passing yards by the first two quarterbacks in the first half is equivalent to Tyrods avg passing yards per game last year....

so we should get tt back?

j/k

Edited by Kelly101

1 minute ago, Capco said:

I missed the first half.  I heard Peterman and KB played well.  What about the 1st string D?  How did Star look?  Tremaine?  The secondary?

Tremaine handled calling the defense well imo only 1 negative play i think...not sure if it was his man but fullback out of back feild got free and caught it for a first down....no biggie 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, I feel like that’s the motto of most reasonable people. You still don’t see reasons to be encouraged? 

Realism is the practice of seeing things how they really are. Some people seem to think it means painting everything with a grey brush. 

I wonder if Patriot realists talk about how the Super Bowls they won are ok, but could’ve been better. 

Once it kicks into gear for real, how can anyone really have any confidence in Peterman or McCarron? 

It's just the way I feel until it's proven otherwise............. FOR REAL.

5 minutes ago, Messiah said:

Tremaine handled calling the defense well imo only 1 negative play i think...not sure if it was his man but fullback out of back feild got free and caught it for a first down....no biggie 

Meh... I agree calling plays probably isn’t easy walking on as a 20 year old but I’ve got to say I expected to see something play wise. 

Outside of missed reads I didn’t really notice him. Nothing against him, I’m excited for him. I was just really hoping to see something tonight. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Very good first half of football. I love McDermott as coach. Our teams never have the most talent but he always makes the most of what he has and we always play solid all around football... Except for that one stretch when our run defense became crap. Other than that Seans team play fundamentally solid football that has us competing for wins.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Once it kicks into gear for real, how can anyone really have any confidence in Peterman or McCarron? 

It's just the way I feel until it's proven otherwise............. FOR REAL.

Who’s asking you to have confidence? Who’ asking you to do anything? 

You can still look at the game objectively and say it’s a positive for

our team. Saying otherwise isn’t “real”, it’s pessimistic and an outright lie. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Preseason week 1 home slice. :lol:

Obviously...however the play calling and willingness to throw the ball is light years ahead of last year....and with that i understand its preseason however they are fighting for the job so they arent just winging it....theyre playing like its week 1 if they arent then they shouldnt be in a bills uni week1

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I can be cautious. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I wonder if Patriot realists talk about how the Super Bowls they won are ok, but could’ve been better?

Yes. Guys like Brady think that way regularly.

I remember my time in sports. Every national championship I won, I was never excited. I did what I was supposed to do. What was expected of me. Then on to the next one. The moment you get complacent is the moment you lose. 

so between mccarron and nate we are at 16/20 for 227 yards 2tds a FG and 1 int or something like that? I'll take that in one half of football any day it's quite refreshing actually. I think we're heading in the right direction and Daboll seems light years ahead of Dennison most of all.

Edited by BillsFan692

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You can't have people getting giddy in preseason, now can you.