lol radio.com app

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

15 minutes of "greatest moments in sports" followed by Home Depot ad, radio.com app ad, WHERE'S THE SHOW?

I can't use it at all. When I click on the app, I get a blurb of sound for a fraction of a second, and then nothing - every time.  I've tried it about 10 times so far over a period of a few weeks.  It's completely useless for me.  I can't even get ads.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

Tons of stations in buffalo are on this thing now. WBEN,  and FM stations Star 102.5, 107.7 98.5. I think Intercomm Radio just sold their soul to this awful thing.

Those are all owned by Entercom.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

I can't use it at all. When I click on the app, I get a blurb of sound for a fraction of a second, and then nothing - every time.  I've tried it about 10 times so far over a period of a few weeks.  It's completely useless for me.  I can't even get ads.

But then the app starts playing when I don't want it to, like during a meeting, lol.

• Like (+1) 2

I have to closeout the app 5 or 6 times just to get the damn greatest moments in sports to stop playing. By that time, it’s time for the next round of commercials to start again. Then, when I stop it, like what was mentioned above, it just starts playing on it’s own.

Its probably time to test the archived stuff and hope that works, trying to listen live is not possible anymore.

It sucks because of all the shows starting live from camp soon.

Sometimes new isn’t always better.

23 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I absolutely hate the radio.com app and I really miss the wgr app

I feel the same way.  Extremely user unfriendly and shuts down constantly.  Then it stays on when I don't want it to.  The WGR app worked so much better.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I stopped listening to WGR entirely since they switched apps.  Use to listen almost every day.

It's not that Entercom "sold their soul" to Radio.com, Entercom literally owns Radio.com. It is their own streaming platform. So of course they are pulling all of their stations off all other platforms and going to their own. This is nationwide.

That said, the new app and platform has all sorts of kinks to be worked out. As does every new app, platform, or system at launch. I do miss TuneIn though.

• Like (+1) 1

I dunno, maybe I am a tech genius but I have had zero issues with the new app once I figured it out a bit. I only listen on demand  ..i download the shows i want to listen to..make sure to hit pause before I switch listening devices..all good. No commercials still on the demand pods. 

i can't even download the radio.com app. it says my phone is not compatible with the app. which sucks, because i drive a lot for work and it was nice to listen to the on demand playback from the wgr app. i can listen through the website, but it seems to need about 99% of my phone's power to do so.

55 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

yeah I hate listening to these greatest moments since it just repeats the same ones over and over and over.

The one thing I do like about Radio.com is it actually works most of the time.  The WGR app would constantly just stop working and I would have to reset the app.  

This is true.  Plus, they both play the same five commercials over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over so what's the difference.  Kars 4 Kids, Flo and her boot camp, the gay Progressive guy who has self esteem issues and is in a one man choir, the stupid lounge singer- I can't take it.  Sometimes I'll accidentally leave the app on during a break, not be paying attention and all of a sudden realize I'm in the middle of one of those commercials and almost snap.  They will drive a man crazy.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Tons of stations in buffalo are on this thing now. WBEN,  and FM stations Star 102.5, 107.7 98.5. I think Entercom Radio just sold their soul to this awful thing.

Serves them right.  Their 'play both sides' tactics for the sake of money grubbing has always struck me as hypocritical.

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Serves them right.  Their 'play both sides' tactics for the sake of money grubbing has always struck me as hypocritical.

You tell em.  Big local sports talk radio has replaced big pharma as the most corrupt industry in our country.  Howard, Jeremy, Schopp, the Bulldog, etc. are all beholden to the local sports talk radio lobbyists and are making loads of money hand over fist, while leaving nothing for the little guys who do the weekend shows.  Such a shame.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Omg with the freakin “great moments in sports” already!!!!

unbearable - you just keep hoping the current one you’re listening to will be the last.... then it inevitably isn’t.

Never thought I’d miss mighty taco and yeti vape commercials so much

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You tell em.  Big local sports talk radio has replaced big pharma as the most corrupt industry in our country.  Howard, Jeremy, Schopp, the Bulldog, etc. are all beholden to the local sports talk radio lobbyists and are making loads of money hand over fist, while leaving nothing for the little guys who do the weekend shows.  Such a shame.

Lol, i think he is referring to WGR when they do dive into politics, it is very liberal. And WBEN is very conservative. They are both owned by the same company. It would be like CNN and Fox news being owned by the same company. How could they lose?

Does anybody else have problems with, getting push notifications about breaking news, but then when i go to the app to read more about it, there is nothing there. Not even the basic headline in full. I got the pish notification a few weeks ago, abkut ryan oreiley being traded. But i had to search other place to find out where he went, and for the return was.

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

It's got nothing to do with WGR and the programming and personalities there.  It's got everything to do with programming both extreme left wing and right wing viewpoints.  'A man can serve only one master'.

Home Depot, Progressive, Lowes, O'Reilly, Greatest Moments in Sports, Macy's, GEICO, ... Enough Already!!!!!! Actually, it seems like the list is shorter that that. 

I thought I was listening to a station from Buffalo. I remember the good old days when I would hear on the app...Len Co, Kenny Carpet, Give Belknap a Ring, Northtown Auto, Golden Nugget, Riverfront Auto Sales, Mavis, Buffalo Roadhouse Grill, Lockport Outdoor Store, Premier Group, Paddock Chevrolet Golf Dome, Ted's Hot Dogs and so many more. I miss these commercials. And many of them had one distinct voice for narrating voiceovers - sound familiar?

Anyway, I find it extremely frustrating to have the app wipe out an entire segment of Howard and Jeremy for a commercial break in the final 10 or so minutes of the show. Little did I realize this until it went from a very long commercial break (with many repeated ads) straight to The Instigators.

Also, does anyone have commercials literally cut off WGR talent before the segment is over?  This has happened several times. 

I called the station main switchboard recently to address this, and I also called the Entercom offices near Philadelphia. I spoke to one person at the Entercom Offices detailing the problems I am having listening to the app. Nothing new has changed after calling since a segment of Schopp and the Bulldog today was almost entirely wiped out with the Greatest Moments in Sports on constant repeat. 

Anyone else experience any of the above?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Does it still work with the TuneIn Radio app as I haven't tried since the announcement of radio.com? As I've been using it for years for WGR and other podcasts.

No.  It carried on for a few weeks but then it has been pulled from TuneIn

Listing to great moments in sports for the 50th time in a week this app is terrible, it is cumbersome to use it would be nice to get WGR again.   Your going to loose your advertising WGR as you do not have service.

• Like (+1) 1