President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Just lucky, I guess. 

That, and sexual assault is a hell of a lot more common than people realize, even after discounting all the bull **** "It was consensual at the time, but I regret it now" and "I didn't want to say yes, but didn't want to argue about it" or "I wanted to have sex, but he wouldn't unless I wore his favorite eye shadow" stories.  On a strict definition of "By use of physical force or abusive emotional manipulation, I was refused control," it probably runs on the order of 25% of women I've known.  

Me.  He's accusing me of being a serial rapist.  Guess I'll never be a Supreme Court Justice.

Gotcha. I figured we were pretty similar middle calls white guys ( could be wrong in all accounts there) and was just curious as to why your experience would be so different than mine. As you say, I am sure I have family/ friends who have been sexually assualted and just have never reported it. 

now ow I have no idea of the serial rapist thing. are you being serious? If so, why would someone think that? Did I miss something?

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

... now ow I have no idea of the serial rapist thing. are you being serious? If so, why would someone think that? Did I miss something?

it is due to the divide the bird in the middle is sowing. ordinarily sane people lose all semblance of sanity when they allow Talking Points to get them all riled up.

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I'm thinking the judge is toast.  It's just too easy to start over and pick another assuming they can get through confirmation in 2018.  If the judge is being truthful or the allegations are wildly exaggerated then he has to fight on, but the headwinds are getting strong.  If this is a hatchet job based on false or exaggerated allegations it's every bit as bad as the FBI/DOJ interference in Trump's campaign and presidency. 

Unless BK knocks the socks of everyone tomorrow and the accuser(s) are weak, he's a goner IMO. 

My thinking all along has been the first person nominated would be a sacrificial lamb for the Dems to beat up on.  The next one won't seem as bad to them in comparison.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Gotcha. I figured we were pretty similar middle calls white guys ( could be wrong in all accounts there) and was just curious as to why your experience would be so different than mine. As you say, I am sure I have family/ friends who have been sexually assualted and just have never reported it. 

now ow I have no idea of the serial rapist thing. are you being serious? If so, why would someone think that? Did I miss something?

Of course I don't think he's a serial rapist. Although a lot of serious subjects are discussed we do bust each other's balls on a regular basis here. Between you and Tom that was set up on a "t" for me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I'm thinking the judge is toast.  It's just too easy to start over and pick another assuming they can get through confirmation in 2018.  If the judge is being truthful or the allegations are wildly exaggerated then he has to fight on, but the headwinds are getting strong.  If this is a hatchet job based on false or exaggerated allegations it's every bit as bad as the FBI/DOJ interference in Trump's campaign and presidency. 

Unless BK knocks the socks of everyone tomorrow and the accuser(s) are weak, he's a goner IMO. 

If the republicans don’t push him through, in absence of any actual evidence, that will be the end.

It will be the same **** every time they put a new character up. If you take away due process, the mob rule will reign.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Maybe, maybe not. Different people listen to different stuff, maybe it was Megadeath, and she never listen to that. Most people don't 

Your reaching, I don’t care for 80s hair metal bands, I don’t listen to them, but even I heard a few megadeaths songs. 

Take opera for an example, you may not listen to it, but you have heard Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries 

dun dun dun da da da, dun dun dun da da da .... see it’s in your head

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

My thinking all along has been the first person nominated would be a sacrificial lamb for the Dems to beat up on.  The next one won't seem as bad to them in comparison.

If they deep six kavanaugh, they ought to go FAR to the loony right with the next one to teach the Democrats a lesson.

19 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Lol so it isnt about a guy doing this **** to women it is about being bait for Democrats... 

There's a distinct chance that the republicans may have a 55 to 45 vote majority in the Senate. Flake and Corker will be gone and they were never sure votes. If Kavanaugh doesn't make it there are going to be some riled up people on the right. There will be some people that absolutely hate the dems for their chicanery. So actually the idiot dems may have given the right a reason to get fired up over the mid terms.

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Lol so it isnt about a guy doing this **** to women it is about being bait for Democrats... 

It's just a tad suspicious the way each of these accusers have been rolled out by the dems. Not only are they designed to slow down a confirmation vote but to give certain dem senators in red states cover to vote against Kavanaugh.

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Of course I don't think he's a serial rapist. Although a lot of serious subjects are discussed we do bust each other's balls on a regular basis here. Between you and Tom that was set up on a "t" for me.

You should know it's the one subject I have almost no sense of humor about.  Not just from knowing so many victims, but from once having been accused as well to the point of having an arrest warrant issued.

Which, for the record, it was dismissed very quickly when they discovered that I was provably 400 miles away at the time.  Turned out to be, believe it or not, a case of mistaken identity: I was casually familiar to the woman from a few years back, she was raped by someone breaking in to her house at 2am, and the suspect bore a passing resemblance to me (6'4", dark hair, about 200 lbs).  But being surprised and assaulted at two in the morning, it's very easy to have an impression cemented by trauma into a powerful but inaccurate memory.  The accusation was false, even if the victim was being completely truthful.

Which, again, is why sexual assault is so difficult to prosecute - victims are always certain, even when factually incorrect.  Trauma does that.  And why accusations should not be reflexively believed in the absence of objective evidence.  Even if the victim isn't lying about being assaulted - and most don't - they can often get confused on the details (or lie about them - accusing someone else because they don't want to hurt or are afraid of their real assailant.)  

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's just a tad suspicious the way each of these accusers have been rolled out by the dems. Not only are they designed to slow down a confirmation vote but to give certain dem senators in red states cover to vote against Kavanaugh.

Don't forget: this slow-roll of criminal charges to !@#$ up a legislative hearing doesn't mean the charges are false.  It means the Democrats are monstrously abusing the accusers' rights themselves.  

Feinstein's a raging dumbass for opening this can of snakes.  She should have advised - strongly - that Ford file a criminal complaint in the proper jurisdiction, and used THAT record of a criminal accusation in the confirmation hearings.  It would have been more powerful, less disputable, less confusing, and far less reprehensible than this grotesquerie she's unleashed.  

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sorry if this has already been brought up, finally home and on my own 'puter... Look at Swetnick's statement.... By what I can find out, she is 3 years older than him. In 1981 Kavanaugh was 16 years old and also means Swetnick was 19..... '81 to 83 are the years in the statement Swetnick claims were "at least" 10 parties she attended that she saw Kavanaugh and Judge... 

I know, math is hard for some people in Congress but according to Swetnick's own SWORN statement, SHE was the adult among children. Makes you wonder who supplied the liquor and was the victim doesn't it....

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Is that right? And not to be too personal, but why? I don't believe I know any, or at least any who have reported the rape. Sure I have friends/ acquaintances who have been rape victims, I am just not aware.

They've not told you. Women open up to me, all people do; it's part of my charm.

I know only a handful of women who have not been assaulted or raped.

It's far too common and many women I know take the "ah, boo hoo, we all have been and lead a regular life" to the point of being downright sickening.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

It will be a woman, bet on it. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

If the republicans don’t push him through, in absence of any actual evidence, that will be the end.

It will be the same **** every time they put a new character up. If you take away due process, the mob rule will reign.

Agree he needs to be pushed through if he's done no wrong or if the claims are exaggerated.  This is a real test of principles in (so far) the absence of conclusive evidence supporting the accusers. 

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I've only witnessed one gang rape in my life. It happened a long time ago. Back in those days, TBD had a part of the message board where members shared recipes.

Well, one guy posted a recipe that required boiling pasta, and one thing led to another, and...well...let's just say in a manner that couldn't have been scripted better by Mel Brooks.

It’s good the be the Chef

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Sorry, but I disagree completely. If Kavanaugh gets sunk, then the left is only going to be emboldened in their attacks. They will be every bit as vociferous, if not worse, with whoever else gets nominated. They need to be defeated.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

I don't know if he did or didn't. Classic he said she said.  There ARE two sides to every story.  But it does seem to be a little under handed (sitting on letter 2 months, Avenetti of all peoplefinding new victims) which makes me suspicious.

17 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Sorry, but I disagree completely. If Kavanaugh gets sunk, then the left is only going to be emboldened in their attacks. They will be every bit as vociferous, if not worse, with whoever else gets nominated. They need to be defeated.

And if the R's don't vote for him, their base won't come out to vote for them in November.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

Your reaching, I don’t care for 80s hair metal bands, I don’t listen to them, but even I heard a few megadeaths songs. 

Take opera for an example, you may not listen to it, but you have heard Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries 

dun dun dun da da da, dun dun dun da da da .... see it’s in your head

You know who else heard Wagner - Hitler!!

I was reading earlier Swetnick was sued for defamation. I cannot find the results of that action though. Anyone?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Independentvo16/status/1045106986919112704

and she made a sexual harassment complaint before (Debra Katz's firm represented her)

https://mobile.twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1045094799936761856

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I was reading earlier Swetnick was sued for defamation. I cannot find the results of that action though. Anyone?

and she made a sexual harassment complaint before (Debra Katz's firm represented her)

From everything I've seen, she seems to have Borderline Personality Disorder. 

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Gosh you'd think the dems would be wise enough to have these accusers represented by fresh attorneys new to the scene. 

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

I thought I was keeping up with this.  What the hell does a Gorsuch letter signify?

Same accusations (same letter), but against Gorsuch, by the same person.

This has been rumored almost from the start though. I guess we will see soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Same accusations (same letter), but against Gorsuch, by the same person.

This has been rumored almost from the start though. I guess we will see soon enough.

Haha - wow.  That's one of the first things I'm finding hard to believe. 

38 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

They are both Trump haters and Flake is a RINO.

They are, but Flake has delusions of primary-ing Trump in 2020 which means he has to vote Yes or he'll be dead in the water. He knows that, which is why in his speech from the floor today he was very eel like in the way he vacillated between both sides of the issue. He's a yes barring a convincing turn from Ford tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

It's an incredible claim, for sure. I really don't know what to make of it other than like BG said, it's been rumored (from a lot of people on the Hill) from day one. If it does exist, and it does get revealed tomorrow, I'll be stunned... not by the fact that the letter exists but that the GOP was able to keep it from leaking. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, bbb said:

There is also a Facebook post of hers from Gorsuch's nomination saying something to the effect of "Why doesn't someone come forward with a fake rape accusation to stop this."  

Of course, the flip-side of that is to believe she's lying, you have to explain that she's been planning this since 2012 - which is beyond the realm of credulity.  Or that this is a conspiracy between three people at least - her, her husband, and their therapist, who all would have contributed to a fiction that she "remembered" this in therapy in 2012.  Which is only slightly less insane.  

And holy hell, if it does conclusively come out she made this whole thing up...instead of "highlighting the issue," she will have, with one high-profile lie, managed to damage the credibility of every rape victim in the country.  

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They are, but Flake has delusions of primary-ing Trump in 2020 which means he has to vote Yes or he'll be dead in the water. He knows that, which is why in his speech from the floor today he was very eel like in the way he vacillated between both sides of the issue. He's a yes barring a convincing turn from Ford tomorrow.

It's an incredible claim, for sure. I really don't know what to make of it other than like BG said, it's been rumored (from a lot of people on the Hill) from day one. If it does exist, and it does get revealed tomorrow, I'll be stunned... not by the fact that the letter exists but that the GOP was able to keep it from leaking. 

One thing I don't have insight in to is how gossip is generated and spread on the Hill.  Almost all my experience, and that of everyone I know, is in the executive branch.  I know exactly one former House staffer...and he's a weasely little spud I'd rather not talk to again.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So two men are talking to the judiciary committee that they are they guys that Ford is talking about. ? Just when you think things couldn't get any crazier..

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1045146408318382080

I would be entirely unsurprised if this ended up being true.

I would also be entirely unsurprised if they were Republican plants intended to short-circuit the hearing tomorrow and make it easier to confirm Kavanaugh.

I would ALSO be entirely unsurprised if they were DEMOCRATIC plants intended to confuse things and delay the vote even MORE (because now there CLEARLY needs to be an FBI investigation, to figure out what's going on).  

What a complete !@#$ing clown show.  Or cluster!@#$.  A complete clownster!@#$.

And as an aside: there's going to be more calls for an FBI investigation.  Because now that we have two other guys confessing to the crime, it's certainly their job to investigate a crime not in their jurisdiction that Kavanaugh wasn't even involved in, for Kavanaugh's hearing.  :wacko: