President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

jesus..really? you dont think that is pressure relief ???  

Probably not.  You don't generally recover that quickly from reliving that trauma, either.

But it is ALWAYS difficult to accurately judge a rape victim's behavior.  It's highly individualized.  As I once told someone "You're not screwed up, you're normal.  You were assaulted; If you weren't impacted by it, THAT would be screwed up."

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Jesus, @DC Tomhelp me here...can i use your trademark? 

WTH does it have to do with THIS hearing!

And whether you have $500, or $ 501, does it really matter?

My hunch is that Wall Street might be paying attention to this because Wall Street pays attention to and overreacts to everything.  And if Wall Street sensed that there's a problem for Kavanaugh from Ford's testimony then Wall Street numbers would be down. 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Jesus, @DC Tomhelp me here...can i use your trademark? 

WTH does it have to do with THIS hearing!

And whether you have $500, or $ 501, does it really matter?

not to get too far off the topic at hand but....

i would venture an argument that yes, it matters very much whether or not i have $500 or $501.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

I guess in a thread all about the nominee and this hearing...it would be a leap to assume the correlation.....for dolts

You sure seem upset by all this.  Did someone drop $50k in your lap to accuse a certain judge of something tonight?

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

have you ever testified before Congress with the whole stinking country watching you? Dang, I know I get that pressure relief after a big presentation in front of prospects executives....when yall take it to that level you are doing exactly what you say you hate...making up your mind before hearing and watching and forming your opinion before assigning guilt or innocence.

Fine. She's changed her story so many times it has taken an unbelievable story, and made it even less believable. She sounds like a 50year old valley girl on helium, with an over active imagination. Her attorneys have done an excellent job giving her a script to fill in the holes and fleshed out her tall tale - the fourth revision.

**** like this makes it more difficult for real victims of rape to come forward. This, to me, makes a mockery of real survivors of sexual assault.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

Probably not.  You don't generally recover that quickly from reliving that trauma, either.

But it is ALWAYS difficult to accurately judge a rape victim's behavior.  It's highly individualized.  As I once told someone "You're not screwed up, you're normal.  You were assaulted; If you weren't impacted by it, THAT would be screwed up."

Add to that the setting - which is unusual and highly stressful for people not dealing with Trauma. 

That's why I'm trying hard to keep an open mind. But again, nothing of her story has been corroborated by anyone, even the people she named in her letter. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Tom, she has not accused him of RAPE. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Tom, i am saying the immediate relief the break provided showed in her body language, She got through the first section, and i think that relief showed..

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

She was not raped.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PearlHowardman said:

My hunch is that Wall Street might be paying attention to this because Wall Street pays attention to and overreacts to everything.  And if Wall Street sensed that there's a problem for Kavanaugh from Ford's testimony then Wall Street numbers would be down. 

Is there an issue before the court that directly affects the market?

Just now, whatdrought said:

Okay- So that means they cannot? Honestly wondering, as I don't know the procedure of this. 

They can't, that's it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Add to that the setting - which is unusual and highly stressful for people not dealing with Trauma. 

That's why I'm trying hard to keep an open mind. But again, nothing of her story has been corroborated by anyone, even the people she named in her letter. 

She a liar.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Fine. She's changed her story so many times it has taken an unbelievable story, and made it even less believable. She sounds like a 50year old valley girl on helium, with an over active imagination. Her attorneys have done an excellent job giving her a script to fill in the holes and fleshed out her tall tale - the fourth revision.

**** like this makes it more difficult for real victims of rape to come forward. This, to me, makes a mockery of real survivors of sexual assault.

Perfect! :lol:

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why didn't the dems subpoena Judge?

Why would they? The last thing they want is for him to appear and say, "I have no recollection of this party, I was never involved in any sexual assault, and I certainly never witnessed Brett Kavanaugh assault anyone."

It's far more preferable to scream at the empty chair. Remember, this isn't about proof. It's about optics, credibility, and grandstanding. Whether Kavanaugh actually did anything is not (and never has been) the point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Someone is lying, and more likely several people are. How about the dude's that have come forward saying "I did it!" Lol, those are some die hard Trump supporters there! 

lying about the lies is probably more like it.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Someone is lying, and more likely several people are. How about the dude's that have come forward saying "I did it!" Lol, those are some die hard Trump supporters there! 

They deserve to be heard don't they so people can make up their own minds about their credibility? 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

and hows that?????

She's brought up the inconsistencies between her story to the reporters and to her therapist. As well as the fact that the house party was at least 8 miles away from her home and she has no idea how she got home after the party. 

But she's also building up to the reveal that none of the people at the party back up her claim, including her friend Leighton (sp).