President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

This is such a farce.  "I want it!" is not grounds for a private citizen to demand an FBI investigation.

Especially one that's outside of their jurisdiction and serves no purpose other than scoring political points. https://thefederalist.com/2018/09/26/watch-joe-biden-call-fbi-investigations-sexual-harrassment-worthless/

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

and hows that?????

Did you not listen to the exchange.? She wasn't able to name the driver nor has anyone come forward corroborating her story.   Also, that she changed her recollection of how many guys had allegedly attacked her.  She stated with the therapist that there were 4 boys who did this.  Then her story changed on a couple of occasions.  Then no where in her therapists notes does she mention Kavanaugh.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

She's brought up the inconsistencies between her story to the reporters and to her therapist. As well as the fact that the house party was at least 8 miles away from her home and she has no idea how she got home after the party. 

But she's also building up to the reveal that none of the people at the party back up her claim, including her friend Leighton (sp). 

I thought the response meant"  i stated there 4 boys there, she took as 4 boys in the room during the assault"..and I think that is consistent.

Now, the ride home part is troubling..but I am not sure how the trauma would affect that memory..maybe someone with more experience with this type of issue could lend some expertise

I think the Democrats did a disservice to Dr. Ford by handling this whole thing in a highly politicized manner, using her for their political capital. Coming in to this hearing, and seeing the other 2 accusers and Dr. Ford's attorney, I did not have high hopes for her credibility.

That was wrong. She is equally as credible as Kavanaugh imo.

The Republicans are killing themselves with this ex-prosecutor, but we will see how it rounds out.

At the end of the day, her story has enough inconsistencies that Kavanaugh supporters will not be swayed. She appears credible enough where the Kavanaugh detractors will not be swayed.

I still don't think we will see a vote on Kavanaugh at all. 

I do think this backfires on Dems though because Conservatives show up to the ballots for Supreme court picks, and an open seat will drive them to the polls much like the '16 Presidential election.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Then she states that the therapist made a mistake in how she told her story.   That's pretty convenient don't you think?  That is a very important detail that I do not believe that a therapist would misstate.  Do you?

This shitshow makes a lot more sense when you view it as Dr. Ford trying very very hard to not perjure herself.

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Then she states that the therapist made a mistake in how she told her story.   That's pretty convenient don't you think?  That is a very important detail that I do not believe that a therapist would misstate.  Do you?

To me yes...seems very believable and plausible to me

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Everybody makes mistakes.  Tom's question about what song was playing would be very revealing although I'm guessing she has an answer prepared, truthful or not.

3 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

I think the Democrats did a disservice to Dr. Ford by handling this whole thing in a highly politicized manner, using her for their political capital. Coming in to this hearing, and seeing the other 2 accusers and Dr. Ford's attorney, I did not have high hopes for her credibility.

That was wrong. She is equally as credible as Kavanaugh imo.

The Republicans are killing themselves with this ex-prosecutor, but we will see how it rounds out.

At the end of the day, her story has enough inconsistencies that Kavanaugh supporters will not be swayed. She appears credible enough where the Kavanaugh detractors will not be swayed.

I still don't think we will see a vote on Kavanaugh at all. 

I do think this backfires on Dems though because Conservatives show up to the ballots for Supreme court picks, and an open seat will drive them to the polls much like the '16 Presidential election.

I agree with a lot of this but the fact Kavanaugh won't get a vote - (if he'll get enough support to be confirmed who knows, but he'll get a vote). A lot will depend on his side of the testimony this afternoon. 

I agree with a lot of this but the fact Kavanaugh won't get a vote - (if he'll get enough support to be confirmed who knows, but he'll get a vote). A lot will depend on his side of the testimony this afternoon. 

His testimony will be the piece de resistance. If he nails it, he will get confirmed.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah I just think enough R's will let Mitch know they aren't voting for him (the Murkowski's and Flake's of the world), and this hearing gives the Dem Gorsuch voters an out not to vote for Kavanaugh.

McConnell won't put it to vote if he can't pass it, and that's why I think it never goes to vote.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Republicans love to rape their women!

Clinton was a Democrat, but everyone gets confused.

So based on social media and not watching this live, what I've been able to determine is that this is disastrous for the GOP, it's disastrous for the Dems, it's disastrous for Ford, it's disastrous for Kavanaugh, and oh, hey, look, Alyssa Milano is here. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

To me yes...seems very believable and plausible to me

You think it's believable that a medical professional charged with the documentation, on multiple occasions over a course of years, of the events in question as a part of ongoing therapies related directly to the trauma caused by the events in question did not accurately log the information he was given by his patient?

Really?

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Clinton was a Democrat, but everyone gets confused.

So based on social media and not watching this live, what I've been able to determine is that this is disastrous for the GOP, it's disastrous for the Dems, it's disastrous for Ford, it's disastrous for Kavanaugh, and oh, hey, look, Alyssa Milano is here. 

She blew him...No rape there my friend!  And from what I hear,,she loved every minute of it, except for swallowing.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

You think it's believable that a medical professional charged with the documentation, on multiple occasions over a course of years, of the events in question as a part of ongoing therapies related directly to the trauma caused by the events in question did not accurately log the information he was given by his patient?

Really?

Just to jump in here, yes.  Mistakes get made, assumptions and summaries are commonly documented, and the push for documented accuracy really only started in the last 10 -15 years or so.