President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

33 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I thought the response meant"  i stated there 4 boys there, she took as 4 boys in the room during the assault"..and I think that is consistent.

Now, the ride home part is troubling..but I am not sure how the trauma would affect that memory..maybe someone with more experience with this type of issue could lend some expertise

Not uncommon.  Would write more, but have to run to a meeting.

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

again..the questions was " did your lawyer inform you"...conversations between client-attorney are privileged no?

She then did answer the question.

She did not really answer the question.  She said she was unclear on whether the Senate folks were willing to travel.  Grassleyx knows what he wrote and it is documented.  He now knows whether or not they communicated it properly to their client which is their duty.  Would you put it past these people to make a pawn of someone like her?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

She did not really answer the question.  She said she was unclear on whether the Senate folks were willing to travel.  Grassleyx knows what he wrote and it is documented.  He now knows whether or not they communicated it properly to their client which is their duty.  Would you put it past these people to make a pawn of someone like her?

no

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She was not raped.

Yes, attempted assault.  And it's still just he said/she said.

But I refer to her as a "rape victim" simply to defuse the inevitable fallacious "You don't believe her" counter-argument.  It moves the argument away from true/false to criminal justice and due process, which is where it belongs.

BTW @Deranged Rhino ..that flight is on Soutwest...want to talk about claustrophobia!!!!

That pice absolutely hurts her credibility with me.still not decided where I lstand here. I like Kavanaugh..want him to be approved..but I cant excuse behavior that is alleged..and I grew up in this era..the drinking i have no issue with ..assault a whole other ballgame.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

BTW @Deranged Rhino ..that flight is on Soutwest...want to talk about claustrophobia!!!!

That pice absolutely hurts her credibility with me.still not decided where I lstand here. I like Kavanaugh..want him to be approved..but I cant excuse behavior that is alleged..and I grew up in this era..the drinking i have no issue with ..assault a whole other ballgame.

100%. If he did the things he's accused of it's absolutely a disqualifying offense in my opinion. Presumption of innocence issues aside (which are paramount in my mind) -- In 99.9999% of sexual assault cases there is very little benefit to the victim in making up the accusation. Considering the timing, politics, and the willingness of politicians (on both sides) to go to any length to score points, this seems to me to be one of the  0.00001% of cases where I think you have to remain open to that possibility. 

I wanted to hear her speak, and so far haven't been impressed. But Brett's testimony will be key to how it all plays out in terms of a confirmation. He has to be strong, the dems are going to come HARD after him. There won't be the kid gloves we're seeing Ford get treated with. 

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wellllll if hubby and I ever built a house together, we'd probably end up divorced (or the general contractor (or I ) would kill him). 

Still wouldnt trigger me to me to recall sexual assault memories.

That's just because you were never sexually assaulted by a future Supreme Court nominee at an unspecified date, time, and place.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

100%. If he did the things he's accused of it's absolutely a disqualifying offense in my opinion. Presumption of innocence issues aside (which are paramount in my mind) -- In 99.9999% of sexual assault cases there is very little benefit to the victim in making up the accusation. Considering the timing, politics, and the willingness of politicians (on both sides) to go to any length to score points, this seems to me to be one of the  0.00001% of cases where I think you have to remain open to that possibility. 

I wanted to hear her speak, and so far haven't been impressed. But Brett's testimony will be key to how it all plays out in terms of a confirmation. He has to be strong, the dems are going to come HARD after him. There won't be the kid gloves we're seeing Ford get treated with. 

even if he did the things that were accused, i'm not sure  that it amounts to much more than adolescent fumbling.  lying about it, at an adult age, would however in my eyes be much more damning.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Presumption of innocence is in a criminal matter.  Presumption of politics is all that matters here.  Every one of the 100 senators will vote based on what they think benefits them personally.  

• Like (+1) 1

How can they have this hearing when the other guy in the room is not being called? It's a he said-she said thing without him. And no investigation, even one for 10 days, is bad optics.  

Didn't Mitchell say early on that she wasn't going to ask about the incident? She has to ask about that. Right now, she's got flying, therapist note, and driving. Not much. 

Is Mitchell going to question Kavanaugh too, or will the Rs on the committee take up that?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Wondering how much the segmentation is throwing Mitchell. 

Hopefully they have time to come back to it. 

This format is a debacle for everyone. If I was Mitchell, I'd punch whoever agreed to that. At one point, Ford reviewed a document for over a minute (which was smart). 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

How can they have this hearing when the other guy in the room is not being called? It's a he said-she said thing without him. And no investigation, even one for 10 days, is bad optics.  

Didn't Mitchell say early on that she wasn't going to ask about the incident? She has to ask about that. Right now, she's got flying, therapist note, and driving. Not much. 

Is Mitchell going to question Kavanaugh too, or will the Rs on the committee take up that?

it's simple. it is going to go from a #shitshow to a #shittiershow 

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I think he's right.  They didn't frame this correctly.

That is correct but their path to that goal was extremely narrow given how stories get spun.  Whether or not she was abused by Kavanagh or someone else as a teen, she is getting abused by her lawyers, and Feinstein now.  They can all sit up there telling her she is brave but they give #%^* zero about her personally.

• Like (+1) 1