President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

That is correct but their path to that goal was extremely narrow given how stories get spun.  Whether or not she was abused by Kavanagh or someone else as a teen, she is getting abused by her lawyers, and Feinstein now.  They can all sit up there telling her she is brave but they give #%^* zero about her personally.

It doesn't matter.  It should never been about her and her story.  

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Present to me the legal case(s) being made by "the right" under which the presumption of innocence should be scraped when the accused is a minority.

Document this on any level of American legislature, never mind in a freaking Senate hearing.

Also, document why you believe Brett Kavanaugh to be an "entitled prick".

Your president believes suspects should be manhandled upon arrest. Or was that a joke?

I don't have the time or the energy to explain what it is I don't like about Brett Kavanaugh. He's not my kind of guy. 

My brother went to a school just like Georgetown Prep and then to Yale because he worked his a*s off. I personally encountered enough Brett Kavanaugh's to form an opinion of this particular Brett Kavanaugh. Get drunk. Do awful sh*t. And then get away with it because Daddy has an unlimited checkbook. We're all shaped by experience.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:00 AM, 3rdnlng said:

This subject has been beaten to death here. The answer to your question is in this thread, over and over again. You tend to make a habit of visiting here on rare occasions while being ignorant of the subject, and requesting that the regulars here become your personal Reader's Digest. If you want to become more political savvy why not actually join the PPP discussions here and learn something?

It moves too quickly.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Your president believes suspects should be manhandled upon arrest. Or was that a joke?

I don't have the time or the energy to explain what it is I don't like about Brett Kavanaugh. He's not my kind of guy. 

My brother went to a school just like Georgetown Prep and then to Yale because he worked his a*s off. I personally encountered enough Brett Kavanaugh's to form an opinion of this particular Brett Kavanaugh. Get drunk. Do awful sh*t. And then get away with it because Daddy has an unlimited checkbook. We're all shaped by experience.

Is gator logic contagious?  Do I have gator logic?

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

i don't want to destroy your delusion here but, i've got news for you. he is your President as well.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

It doesn't matter.  It should never been about her and her story.  

Should be and will be are two different things.  It is about whatever the NY Times says it is about and that made many questions Mitchell could ask off the table.

Side note: our country was not founded on the idea of senators sitting up high and talking down at everyone else.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Should be and will be are two different things.  It is about whatever the NY Times says it is about and that made many questions Mitchell could ask off the table.

Side note: our country was not founded on the idea of senators sitting up high and talking down at everyone else.

I do not believe the Republicans had zero chances to attempt to change the narrative.  

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's your President just as much as he is mine.

However, to the meat:  Please source where the President says "minorities should be manhandled, but white people should not."

The point you made was that the political right in America believes that minorities should have their right to the presumption of innocence overturned. 

Provide evidence of this.

So what you're saying is that you think it's perfectly reasonable to form opinions about people you've never met, or had any encounters with, based on your on personal biases.

Where I'm from they call that prejudice and bigotry. 

You don't like him for the same reason Klansmen don't like blacks or Jews. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I do not believe the Republicans had zero chances to attempt to change the narrative.  

They had a million chances and would be evicerated for anything that publicly questioned her integrity.

Lets say they ripped her apart, broke her down but suddenly she realized she had been abused but it was not by Kavanagh.  How would they be viewed, reported even though they were correct?

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

And who is the audience for this narrative?  Republican Senators.  So far I haven't heard anything that a Republican Senator could use to justify a vote against Brett Kavanaugh for the USSC.

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Someone’s angry he wasn’t smart enough to go to college ???

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They had a million chances and would be evicerated for anything that publicly questioned her integrity.

Lets say they ripped her apart, broke her down but suddenly she realized she had been abused but it was not by Kavanagh.  How would they be viewed, reported even though they were correct?

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT.

It should never have been about her credibility about her abuse.

First question, "Dr. Ford, in this country we have a standard of evidence used in court, which is important to ensure that justice is served.  What evidence do you have of this incident?"

"I have me saying it happened."

"What other evidence do you have?"

"Uh"

"What evidence do you have it was Brett Kavanugh who committed this horrible act?"

"Uh, I said it."

"Thank you."

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He's your President just as much as he is mine.

However, to the meat:  Please source where the President says "minorities should be manhandled, but white people should not."

The point you made was that the political right in America believes that minorities should have their right to the presumption of innocence overturned. 

Provide evidence of this.

So what you're saying is that you think it's perfectly reasonable to form opinions about people you've never met, or had any encounters with, based on your on personal biases.

Where I'm from they call that prejudice and bigotry. 

You don't like him for the same reason Klansmen don't like blacks or Jews. 

And like Klansmen, I'm willing to own my bias. I don't like prep school punks born with a silver spoon in their mouth, especially when they espouse holier than thou judicial policies.

I feel like society would have more productive conversations if people would just drop the guise of impartiality. Nobody is 100% impartial. It's impossible.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

First question, "Dr. Ford, in this country we have a standard of evidence used in court, which is important to ensure that justice is served.  What evidence do you have of this incident?"

"Uh"

"What evidence do you have it was Brett Kavanugh who committed this horrible act?"

"Uh, I said it."

"Thank you."

I'm confident that that's essentially the way that Republican Senators heard everything.  They have heard nothing to disqualify Judge Brett Kavanaigh for the USSC, IMHO.

20 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't have the time or the energy to explain what it is I don't like about Richard Sherman. He's not my kind of guy. 

My brother went to a school just like Dominguez High School in Compton and then to Stanford because he worked his a*s off. I personally encountered enough Richard Sherman's to form an opinion of this particular Richard Sherman. Get drunk. Do awful sh*t. And then get away with it because the circumstances of your birth. We're all shaped by experience.

Funny how bad that sounds now, huh?

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

"Uh"

"Uh, I said it."

"Thank you."

Maybe some of that questioning after lunch? 

1 minute ago, PearlHowardman said:

I'm confident that that's essentially the way that Republican Senators heard everything.  They have heard nothing to disqualify Judge Brett Kavanaigh for the USSC, IMHO.

Republican Senators will not vote for a sinking ship that could cost them re-election.  This was their chance to foil a political diversion in its tracks.  They are going to fail.

7 hours ago, ALF said:

The parents of these teenagers at that time allowed or did not notice ?  I really hate partisan politics . Trump does pour gasoline on the fire with insults and constant charges of fake news . So what goes around will come around again.

I've been wondering about this all along. Where were the parents? When I was in HS i wasn't allowed to go these kind of parties. Especially at 15. I was still building my Soap Box Derby car with my Dad in the garage and practising my drumx.

when my daughter was in H S she didn't either. 

I went to a HS similar to these kids and do remember almost every weekend someone's parents would be out of town and they have could have parties like this.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Republican Senators will not vote for a sinking ship that could cost them re-election.  This was their chance to foil a political diversion in its tracks.  They are going to fail.

What sinking ship?  What specifically did you hear this morning that buttresses (proves) Dr. Ford's accusation that she was sexually assaulted by Judge Brett Kavanaugh?

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

"Uh"

"Uh, I said it."

"Thank you."

When it's just he said, she said, I agree. But there is some minimal credibility here...and...wait for it...there was someone else, an eye-friggin-witness in the room! How are we not hearing from him? It's not that hard to subpoena him.