President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Ya can’t open with “ let’s be civil” and then go on with that opening. Now she is kissing me off too.. this poor woman has to sit there and listen to both these atseholes. 

Do not forget DF is the reason she is in that position. She had months to handle this differently, numerous opportunities to do it with confidentiality. But she chose to do it at the 11th hour - not because she thinks it'll matter (she knows Kavanaugh will get confirmed, or at worst another conservative will), but she did so to try to win a meaningless political victory. 

Shameful. Even more so when you listen to her words today. She sure sounds sharp... for a woman who had a chinese spy as her personal driver for over two decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do not forget DF is the reason she is in that position. She had months to handle this differently, numerous opportunities to do it with confidentiality. But she chose to do it at the 11th hour - not because she thinks it'll matter (she knows Kavanaugh will get confirmed, or at worst another conservative will), but she did so to try to win a meaningless political victory. 

Shameful. Even more so when you listen to her words today. She sure sounds sharp... for a woman who had a chinese spy as her personal driver for over two decades. 

???????

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

she does sound sharp. perhaps too sharp.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

???????

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/08/01/details-chinese-spy-dianne-feinstein-san-francisco/

For two decades her driver was a Chinese spy. Think of all the problems that raises considering her committee assignments and the ease in which drivers can overhear classified data. 

Two. Decades. 

And her husband makes a lot of money in China...

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

"pinballing off the walls on the way down"

A detail she could not have known, having been locked in a bathroom.

She could have heard them hitting the walls.  But "pinballing" is an odd choice of words.

But that is a professionally written message, not a personal affidavit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

We have a double door front entrance. Never considered it as something that would come up in counseling or trigger a past sexual assault memory. ?

Obviously this proves you are an insensitive sexist. 

Interesting to me that the dems only called this victim whom they care so much about, after BK became the nominee- not when he was on the shortlist. Such bull ****. 

The letter contained my name, and a request that it be kept confidential but DF said, eh, !@#$ it. Lets throw her to the wolves. 

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, DC Tom said:

She could have heard them hitting the walls.  But "pinballing" is an odd choice of words.

Correct. The whole thing reads/sounds as if it was written for her to carefully avoid libel/slander and for the maximum political impact. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

She's telling a story, trying to create a visual impression for the listener, not giving testimony.

• Like (+1) 2

Good news is she got over her fear of flying. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She seems very creditable 

Her voice keeps going between "tearfully emotional" and "I want to make sure I get the wording right on this part". 

But yeah. Credible. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Her voice keeps going between "tearfully emotional" and "I want to make sure I get the wording right on this part". 

But yeah. Credible. 

As someone who sits through a lot of forced acting performances, it sure comes off as hallow to me. But it's also a crazy circumstance for her (the setting, the stakes, the number of eyes and ears listening) so I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt... but she's not making it easy.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As someone who sits through a lot of forced acting performances, it sure comes off as hallow to me. But it's also a crazy circumstance for her (the setting, the stakes, the number of eyes and ears listening) so I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt... but she's not making it easy.

What about hollow?

• Haha (+1) 1