President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

There is also a Facebook post of hers from Gorsuch's nomination saying something to the effect of "Why doesn't someone come forward with a fake rape accusation to stop this."  

I thought that was a fake news story spread by Josh Cornett (the guy who promoted pizzagate and other right wing bull$hit conspiracies).  Right wing sites had to retract that story. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

There is also a Facebook post of hers from Gorsuch's nomination saying something to the effect of "Why doesn't someone come forward with a fake rape accusation to stop this."  

A legit one? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So two men are talking to the judiciary committee that they are they guys that Ford is talking about. ? Just when you think things couldn't get any crazier..

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1045146408318382080

Looking like they've maybe been sitting on this. If it's legit, it will be clearly legit as these folks all looked to run in the same circles.

And if it IS legit, a lot of people will be cleaning up all the egg on their faces.

Meanwhile, leave it to Kamala Harris to answer the question "How low can the Dems go?"

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Looking like they've maybe been sitting on this. If it's legit, it will be clearly legit as these folks all looked to run in the same circles.

And if it IS legit, a lot of people will be cleaning up all the egg on their faces.

Meanwhile, leave it to Kamala Harris to answer the question "How low can the Dems go?"

I hate to spring this on everybody at such a late date, but back in the early 80s, Kavanaugh raped every female that I knew.  My mother, my sister, my girlfriend, the girl next door - every one of them. 

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

I hate to spring this on everybody at such a late date, but back in the early 80s, Kavanaugh raped every female that I knew.  My mother, my sister, my girlfriend, the girl next door - every one of them. 

Looks like someone needs a Kamala Harris phone number and a GoFundMe page.

• Haha (+1) 1

What I find most interesting about this, and most other topics that spark leftist outrage, is that despite how blatantly obvious it is that no one actually gives a **** about the underlying accusations, millions of leftists falsely believe that they themselves care deeply and passionately about this issue.

We know for a fact they don't because they only care when it's politically advantageous. The most obvious illustration of this is their summary dismissal of far more credible and serious accusations against Bill Clinton, but the examples are countless. 

The interesting part is that they don't know. Sure, the Washington power brokers and media elites know, but the rank and file lefties truly believe their intentions are good, and earnest, and true. They really are useful idiots.

Edited by Rob's House

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"Thursday will be lit"

"there is a Gorsuch letter" ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/_ImperatorRex_/status/1045101030684446720

This “source” looks as credible as the guy who started the Gorsuch letter rumor, ie, some guy on Twitter. And also as credible as most of the accusers who have come forward. 

Ford has had the slightest corroboration, albeit nearly negligible. I’ll listen to her with a highly skeptical ear. If things finish as they stand, he should be approved. 

4 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

W...T...F.

We are done. Rome is burning.

Harris and Trump would be delightful fiddle players. 

The parents of these teenagers at that time allowed or did not notice ?  I really hate partisan politics . Trump does pour gasoline on the fire with insults and constant charges of fake news . So what goes around will come around again.

But even before Thursday’s hearings, it was clear that Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation was in jeopardy. Senator Susan Collins, Republican of Maine and a key swing vote, told colleagues in a private meeting that she was troubled by the latest accusations. Holding a printout of Ms. Swetnick’s declaration, she asked why the Judiciary Committee was not issuing a subpoena for Mr. Judge, who has appeared in two separate accusations, according to an official familiar with the meeting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/us/politics/kavanaugh-calendar.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Swetnick’s declaration is Swiss cheese and I wouldn’t use it for a basis to subpoena Judge. Still, they should subpoena Judge as a witness. The Rs hid him away in Delaware this week and I’d be happy to hear from him. 

48 minutes ago, ALF said:

The parents of these teenagers at that time allowed or did not notice ?  

This seems believable based on my admittedly anecdotal high school party experience. 

If nominated for the SC, I will not accept. 

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Swetnick’s declaration is Swiss cheese and I wouldn’t use it for a basis to subpoena Judge. Still, they should subpoena Judge as a witness. The Rs hid him away in Delaware this week and I’d be happy to hear from him. 

Her story seems pretty unbelievable. It sounds like there could be witnesses called to destroy her story. If her story is true, that's really sad. 

Kavanaugh lied several times already, that might just kill him. No idea if these accusation are true, but his lying looks real bad, especially for a federal supreme court judge. He screwed up big time in the Fox news interview. To think that he had to lie to get through that soft ball interview, he will be taken to account in a much more serious manner today. 

12 hours ago, Azalin said:

Sorry, but I disagree completely. If Kavanaugh gets sunk, then the left is only going to be emboldened in their attacks. They will be every bit as vociferous, if not worse, with whoever else gets nominated. They need to be defeated.

The incomprehensible logic for me is that Dems don't think that whatever tactics they use to defeat Kavanaugh won't come back to bite them later on, in a much worse fashion.

It's like they don't even recognize that the only reason they have to resort to underhanded means is thanks to Harry Reid :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know if he did or didn't. Classic he said she said.  There ARE two sides to every story.  But it does seem to be a little under handed (sitting on letter 2 months, Avenetti of all peoplefinding new victims) which makes me suspicious.

The whole problem is instead of the two sides of the story that matter everyone is using two different sides "Republican vs Democrat"

• Like (+1) 2

Oh boy... now it looks like we have a confession in the Dr Ford case by someone else that came forward.... And of course Democrats are crying foul since the Republican with held this info they got on Tuesday... 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/27/ahead-pivotal-senate-hearing-witnesses-surface-to-say-christine-ford-may-have-mistaken-them-for-kavanaugh.html

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well she showed. I'd have lost that bet.

She still might pull a Learner - read her opening statement then refuse to answer any questions. 

DF immediately makes it about herself with her statement. Because why wouldn't she?

Come on, DF, while you're going over her CV let's not leave out her Langley connections.... 

7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Oh boy... now it looks like we have a confession in the Dr Ford case by someone else that came forward.... And of course Democrats are crying foul since the Republican with held this info they got on Tuesday... 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/27/ahead-pivotal-senate-hearing-witnesses-surface-to-say-christine-ford-may-have-mistaken-them-for-kavanaugh.html

Oh, the hypocrisy!

12 hours ago, Azalin said:

Sorry, but I disagree completely. If Kavanaugh gets sunk, then the left is only going to be emboldened in their attacks. They will be every bit as vociferous, if not worse, with whoever else gets nominated. They need to be defeated.

I would love to see their "attacks" if Kavanaugh goes down and Trump nominates a female.  

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Having McCabe's lawyer sitting right next to you isn't a good look.

Grassley's opening statement is savaging the democrats pf the committee and the way they handled this process. Good on Chuck.

I thought his opening was awful. Said let’s be civil, then went on the attack. 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I thought his opening was awful. Said let’s be civil, then went on the attack. 

He is pointing at the scoreboard.  I don't blame him.  !@#$ any Democrat who supports this. They're as retarded and dishonest as they come.

Just now, Boyst62 said:

He is pointing at the scoreboard.  I don't blame him.  !@#$ any Democrat who supports this. They're as retarded and dishonest as they come.

Ya can’t open with “ let’s be civil” and then go on with that opening. Now she is kissing me off too.. this poor woman has to sit there and listen to both these atseholes.