President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

Tucker Carlson crushed that guy a few weeks back. At the end of the interview he

basically called him a pimp. Stormy has to strip while you get to run for president?

Guy is a loser. Another one like Nancy, Maxine, and Booker ...Just hope they

keep attacking, they are fools.

Hey! An admitted Tucker Carlson fan! 

41 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Women are more likely to let the attack go unpunished than to report it after 36 years. Of that, there is no doubt. 

But for Trump to attack her credibility because she didn’t report it 36 years ago is abhorrent. 

Apple News is an echo chamber. I’d get out of it. 

The story is a top one at the WSJ and most outlets. 

I know what Apple news is, thanks.

And I have WSJ send me breaking stories -- they never sent me anything today on this story.

Thinking that maybe I'm mistaken, I just went to the WSJ site.  You're wrong.  The only mention of the Avenatti story is this op ed piece:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/has-michael-avenatti-become-an-embarrassment-to-stormy-daniels-1537993145?mod=hp_opin_pos1

Meanwhile, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa), tweeted that 20 investigators are at work, “tracking down all allegations/leads & talking to all witnesses & gathering all evidence.” He said “seasoned congressional investigators, temporary staff brought on for the nomination as well as “experienced fed agents” on loan from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are on the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kavanaugh-nomination-trump-calls-nominee-an-absolute-gem-as-tensions-swirl-over-planned-hearing/2018/09/26/df224aea-c190-11e8-97a5-ab1e46bb3bc7_story.html?utm_term=.fa57c4be8e3f

makes sense. I would think it would be easier to find out it was impossible for these things to have happened--like they were out of town, or there were no parties, or something else exculpatory--than to prove they did happen. 

Judge will have to testify eventually. His girlfriend is, why shouldn't he. 

“Ms. Rasor’s statement that Mark Judge told her about his participation in a gang rape when he was in high school is powerful corroborating evidence,” the senior Democratic aide to the Judiciary Committee told me. “She is willing to cooperate with the Judiciary Committee and the FBI.” The aide added that this raises further question sabout why “Mark Judge is hiding out in Bethany Beach and Republicans refuse to call him as a witness.”

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Judge will have to testify eventually. His girlfriend is, why shouldn't he. 

“Ms. Rasor’s statement that Mark Judge told her about his participation in a gang rape when he was in high school is powerful corroborating evidence,” the senior Democratic aide to the Judiciary Committee told me. “She is willing to cooperate with the Judiciary Committee and the FBI.” The aide added that this raises further question sabout why “Mark Judge is hiding out in Bethany Beach and Republicans refuse to call him as a witness.”

Really?  Men talking about sexual conquests is like fishermen talking about fish they caught.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Women are more likely to let the attack go unpunished than to report it after 36 years. Of that, there is no doubt. 

Tell that to Bill Cosby.

Really...victims of sexual assault aren't all that easily predictable in behavior.  That sort of trauma can do unpredictable things to a psychology.  About the only generalization you can reliably make is that victims who don't exhibit agency early on won't in later years...and those who do usually handle the trauma much better.

Which is why it's better to encourage and support assault victims to report at the time of the assault, instead of grossly abusing Title IX or pulling this "political hack job 36 years later" bull ****.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

You seem not to get my point. 

The president of the US sends a terrible message by attacking a woman’s credibility “because she didn’t report it.” Many women don’t report sexual assault because—especially then—it was a crime with a lot of shame associated. That is not a basis to question her credibility. 

Plenty of other reasons to question her, and I assume they will be clear at the hearing. If the story ends as it currently stands, he should be approved. 

Oh for !@#$'s  sake - gender is no reason to not call a liar a liar.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The gift that keeps giving. :lol:

He doesn't even know enough to say "I have to check my call logs" or mail logs or email?  I mean, he's a lawyer.  He has to keep these records, at the very least so he can bill 15 minutes for a 2 minute phone call, right?  Right?

Avenatti, you're a !@#$ing whore.

44 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Plenty of other reasons to question her, and I assume they will be clear at the hearing. If the story ends as it currently stands, he should be approved. 

I like how you make reasonable points, then level-up your idiot score with garbage like this.

It's STRICTLY he said/she said.  There is no objective evidence, not after 36 years.  None of these questions will be answered, they'll just be exploited for political gain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Really?  Men talking about sexual conquests is like fishermen talking about fish they caught.

I missed the story where Judge's girlfriend talked about Judge talking about gang rape.

I also missed the story where Judge's girlfriend's story about Judge's story indicts Kavanaugh in any way.  :wacko:

(His question was why the PRESIDENT sides with the "accused not the accuser" as if presumption of innocence is NOT to be lauded.)

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Acosta just started his question by saying Trump should call a female reporter... :lol: 

Trump is literally standing up on stage defending Kavanaugh (because no one else will) - in part by intentionally making himself a target. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Acosta just started his question by saying Trump should call a female reporter... :lol: 

And Trump answered "I just did," I hope?  I hope Trump steadfastly avoids calling a female reporter for the rest of the press conference, just to !@#$ with Acosta.

Acosta is a blithering idiot of such magnitude that other blithering idiots are saying "We're not with him."

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

you don't?

I've only witnessed one gang rape in my life. It happened a long time ago. Back in those days, TBD had a part of the message board where members shared recipes.

Well, one guy posted a recipe that required boiling pasta, and one thing led to another, and...well...let's just say in a manner that couldn't have been scripted better by Mel Brooks.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No one else on the planet would handle it this way - and be able to walk way from it with his ratings improved

I don't know if that's true, but I do know that people find his candor in this regard, and his willingness to punch back at those who are casting aspersions, very refreshing.

Especially those who have rejected our politics and politicians as sophists who seek only to enrich themselves through the trimmings of office.

• Like (+1) 3