Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Back in the 90’s a friend of mine (a Colts fan) thought the Bills were overrated. 

We we had a standing friendly bet $1 per week against the spread. Neither of us won more than $2 by the end of the seasons 

That is pretty funny. It must have been so frustrating to win by 8 and have to pay your friend. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

But you cheer for dropped pick sixes and blown coverages? This is definitely the weirdest set of opinions I've seen this year. The number of times you've brought up Josh Allen's first ever pass in a preseason game is very odd.

Is it kind of reminiscent of Nate Peterman's first ever half of professional football?

I don't cheer for busted plays, Bills fans in the stadium literally cheered for an out of bounds pass just because it was deep.

Edited by BullBuchanan

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I really don't really care about Josh Allen, or any of the trite comments on here about how he's the next coming. He'll have another opportunity on Sunday, and we'll see how he does. 

I've yet to see an interesting post about him.

LMAO...thanks for clarifying (as if we really needed you to) that you prefer Allen to fail so NP can make all your wet dreams come true

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...thanks for clarifying (as if we really needed you to) that you prefer Allen to fail so NP can make all your wet dreams come true

Not sure where you kids come up with this stuff. I'd far prefer Allen be successful. I just think it's highly unlikely.

Edited by BullBuchanan

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It is what it is. You don’t win titles on the back of Rudy. We certainly should NEVER want the guy with less talent to play. It lowers your ceiling as a team.  It’s time to start embracing talent and stop always fighting for the underdog. It’s a new day!! 

To me, it isn't that so much.  I'd be fine with Allen sitting a year and its what I always envisioned for him.

To me, its that I don't see Peterman as the "safe" start, as many seem to see him. I might be making too much of it...but damn, he just saw the main competition for the starting QB position go down and his very first pass is right into the hands of a DB. That's a a pass that 9 times out of 10 in the regular season goes for a pick 6.

It was the same pass that he threw for a pick in the Jax game and the same pass as one of his SD picks.  I see him as a pick 6 waiting to happen, especially when the pass rush is on.  And considering the state of the Oline, whoever is back there will be seeing lots of pressure.

What Allen has shown me, my biggest surprise, is how well he moves in the pocket and how well he avoids the guy coming in untouched. (the corner blitz, excepted). That will be needed this season.

Idk, he may not be ready, but Peterman still scares the crap out of me as a starting QB.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Not sure where you kids come up with this stuff. I'd far prefer Allen be successful. I just think it's highly unlikely.

But you are sold on a QB that:

1. Cant effectively use 30% of the field consistently or effectively because he doesn't have the arm strength to consistently and safely use the sidelines.  
  2. Has 6 INTs, and 3 Fumbles in 52 career pass attempts.
  3. Has a sub 50% career comp percentage.
  4. Is the only QB to turn the ball over this year, and should have thrown another pick 6 on his first pass but the DB dropped it.
  5. Has been atrocious under pressure in the NFL
  6. And the only positive things you can say about him are:
    1. He had one good drive week 1 (before he threw another pick the next drive) on the first series of the entire preseason against partial starters and a vanilla D with no game plan.  A defensive scheme he will never ever even one time face in a meaningful game.
    2. And then he threw another TD in week 2 that his pass was so poorly thrown it almost lost us a gimme TD on broken coverage.  

This is the guy you are so SOLD on over Allen???  Its one thing to be optimistic, its another to be irrational.  Allen's chances of succeeding are immensely better than NP's, not to mention he has a tremendously better arm and overall physical tool set.  Does it mean NP can't beat the odds and succeed...no, but its beyond puzzling how much faith you have in a guy based on stats compiled against a Vanilla D he will never once ever see in an actual game and against 3rd string scrubs who won't be in the NFL.  Not to mention, the stat box doesn't show just how weak he was against the 3rd string scrubs.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1. Cant effectively use 30% of the field consistently or effectively because he doesn't have the arm strength to consistently and safely use the sidelines.  
  4. Is the only QB to turn the ball over this year, and should have thrown another pick 6 on his first pass but the DB dropped it.
    1. He had one good drive week 1 (before he threw another pick the next drive) on the first series of the entire preseason against partial starters and a vanilla D with no game plan.  A defensive scheme he will never ever even one time face in a meaningful game.
    2. And then he threw another TD in week 2 that his pass was so poorly thrown it almost lost us a gimme TD on broken coverage.  

This is the guy you are so SOLD on over Allen???  Its one thing to be optimistic, its another to be irrational.  Allen's chances of succeeding are immensely better than NP's, not to mention he has a tremendously better arm and overall physical tool set.  Does it mean NP can't beat the odds and succeed...no, but its beyond puzzling how much faith you have in a guy based on stats compiled against a Vanilla D he will never once ever see in an actual game and against 3rd string scrubs who won't be in the NFL.  Not to mention, the stat box doesn't show just how weak he was against the 3rd string scrubs.  

Yup. All of that.

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I did read here that Peterman has a phenomenal 85% percent completion rate in preseason and that his velocity is much improved..     Maybe the coaches are waiting for the regular season to unleash his sideline throw package?

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I did read here that Peterman has a phenomenal 85% percent completion rate in preseason and that his velocity is much improved..     Maybe the coaches are waiting for the regular season to unleash his sideline throw package?

Is that like Joe Webb's package? If not I am not interested. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That is pretty funny. It must have been so frustrating to win by 8 and have to pay your friend. 

we just kept passing the dollar back and forth.  after the 3rd season the point was made that Vegas knew what it was doing.   

or you could say Vegas was wrong 50% of the time

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

we just kept passing the dollar back and forth.  after the 3rd season the point was made that Vegas knew what it was doing.   

or you could say Vegas was wrong 50% of the time

Vegas knows what it's doing in order to make the money even. Saying X team is going to have Y Wins, just means they want 50% on the over and the other 50% on the under, including payouts.

It's more about public perception than being accurate, but yeah the books know their stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Is it kind of reminiscent of Nate Peterman's first ever half of professional football?

I want to make sure I understand the question before I formulate a response. You're asking me if a single deep pass that went out of bounds by a couple yards is reminiscent of 5 interceptions thrown on 14 attempts. Do I have that right?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't cheer for busted plays, Bills fans in the stadium literally cheered for an out of bounds pass just because it was deep.

You mean like the out of bounds pass that Nate threw to Benjamin in game one that you probably praised?  He kept his feet in bounds and it was a completion but the pass was out of bounds.

Buffalo Bills

QB1 competition: Josh Allen vs. AJ McCarron vs. Nathan Peterman.

Projected Week 1 starter: Allen.

Analysis: I picked Allen to be the starter way back during OTAs. I'm sticking with that prediction based on what I've seen so far in the preseason. McCarron is day to day with the shoulder injury he suffered against the Browns. It remains to be seen how much time he'll miss, but the injury is certainly a setback. Peterman, who reminds me of Trevor Siemian, doesn't excite me much when he's on the field. Allen has earned the starting job in Sunday's bout with the Bengals after displaying some big-play ability and athleticism his first two times out. His talent far outweighs Peterman's and he makes any throw from the pocket look easy. I've only seen two quarterbacks who make a five-yard "dink and dunk" and a 60-yard missile look the same -- Aaron Rodgers and Dan Marino. Allen has that same ability to make any throw look effortless and can rip the ball all over the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000949934/article/predicting-outcome-of-qb-battles-sam-darnold-the-pick-for-jets

What is hilarious for me is that some of you are trying to make out that one or other of the  two quarterbacks on the Bills deserves to start in Baltimore. You were the ones that said Peterman was trash and  would not even be on the team when the final cuts came. You are the ones who belle red about McBeanes pick of Allen in the draft.  Why don't you admit you really don't know anymore than the rest of us. Allen is going to be number one and Peterman number two when  McDermott decides . That is the way it is  and they don't really care about your so-called expertise.

I picked Nate to be the starter two months ago.  I like Allen but he needs to sit a bit for his own safety.  All Nate did last week was WIN the freaking game.  What has he missed on 6 passes in his last 30? not too bad and he's just getting warmed up.  I loved the Allen pick but don't want to rush him unless Nate looks bad.

Just now, Oregonbillsfan said:

I picked Nate to be the starter two months ago.  I like Allen but he needs to sit a bit for his own safety.  All Nate did last week was WIN the freaking game.  What has he missed on 6 passes in his last 30? not too bad and he's just getting warmed up.  I loved the Allen pick but don't want to rush him unless Nate looks bad.

Yep.

And all he did was average 11 yds per att. in both games.

17 minutes ago, Oregonbillsfan said:

14 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Yep.

And all he did was average 11 yds per att. in both games.

Preaseason passing stats.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yet many people became 'okay' with the idea of McCarron starting the season opener with Allen sitting behind him, after his first preseason showing.

Not so much by the end of his second game.

Preseason is pretty much all you have to judge one by.

Edited by BurpleBull

43 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeh preseason YPA may be the least meaningful stat for evaluating QBs like ever. For example, the top 5 leaders in 2018 preseason YPA are: 

(drumroll)...

1. Landry Jones (BOOM)

2. Marcus Mariota (represent!)

3. Taylor Heinicke...errr...

4. our very own- Nathan Peterman!!!

5. and whoever Nick Mullens is

CUZ PRESEASON YPA

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We need to drop the insecure underdog mentality that way too many have embraced and start acting like we belong. Let’s add star players and compete for titles. Let’s be the guy that shoves nerds in lockers. I’m just over trying to be mediocre.  

Amen my brother.

Buffalo Bills Fan Inferiority Complex is rampant (BBFIC) is rampant.

Never understood it especially now. The drought is over. The monkey is off our back. It's about winning now.

14 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

He was annointed the seasons starter and left there. He's bounced back big from last year's bad spots and that deserves respect.

How has he "bounced back"?  He showed up and did his job. He better for what we're paying him.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Is the only QB to turn the ball over this year, and should have thrown another pick 6 on his first pass but the DB dropped it.

This play gave me flash backs to the playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly, literally the same play except this time it was a scrub DB who couldn't catch.

Yup.

Almost makes me wonder if it was a test by Coach McDermott to see if Nasty Nate has improved any on that pass over the off season.  It was like the same exact play.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the dumbest thread in history.

I really don't understand how anyone has given Peterman this much thought as an NFL starter.

He's never going to be an NFL starter.

Gunslinger mentality + Weak a$$ NFL arm = No chance to be a viable NFL starting QB 

Honestly even last year when he was also a preseason hero I said his arm was too weak to be an NFL starting QB.

And then the Chargers half happened.

Please stop this nonsense. Keep him as a backup. He's fine riding the pine...

I think the Bills thought Allen would be fine as a starting QB the moment they drafted him considering the weak competition he was going against.

How has the OP not shut this down?

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh preseason YPA may be the least meaningful stat for evaluating QBs like ever. For example, the top 5 leaders in 2018 preseason YPA are: 

(drumroll)...

1. Landry Jones (BOOM)

2. Marcus Mariota (represent!)

3. Taylor Heinicke...errr...

4. our very own- Nathan Peterman!!!

5. and whoever Nick Mullens is

CUZ PRESEASON YPA

?

Post Merger top 5 all time yards per attempt:

4 Steve Young+ 8.0 1985-1999 2TM
5 Kurt Warner+ 7.9 1998-2009 3TM
  Tony Romo 7.9 2004-2016 dal
  Aaron Rodgers 7.9 2005-2017 gnb
  Ben Roethlisberger 7.9 2004-2017

His 6 interceptions in just over 50 snaps really worries me. You can just say it was one game, but the other night I seen some scrub jump his route and almost have a pick 6. He played well in the Colts game and made some nice throw, but nobody had any grip so his passes were uncontested. 

Edited by BananaB

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who?

Man, I thought  McCarron would perform better than he did in the preseason games.  Thus far I am not impressed. 

Yep.

I had moderate hopes.

Not seeing it.

I know it's "just preseason" etc but I just was not seeing anything I like from him when he was out there.

Obviously I don't think np is the answer, regardless of how solid he's played this preseason, and am all in for Josh Allen, but I don't want him starting during the regular season until after the brutal dlines we have early season.

I know there are those that disagree with me, that the best QB should be out there, and I do see that pov, but I just don't want to see Allen killed, although he might be forced to start anyway, since I'm pretty sure that np and aj will get decimated against those same dlines, since they don't move anywhere as well as Allen.

It's a tough call, and I don't think I'd be upset with whichever way McD went.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is the dumbest thread in history.

I really don't understand how anyone has given Peterman this much thought as an NFL starter.

It’s actually really not that dumb. I would argue your take here is fairly ignorant. Your blinders are definitely up.  I really don’t want any part of peterman starting but after the first part of the preseason, with him getting plenty of first team reps and even a start, saying it’s the dumbest thread in history is honestly just really dumb on your part. 

You dont have to understand why anyone would give him this much thought as a starter but it’s fairly evident that the coach we’re all growing to love has differing opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s actually really not that dumb. I would argue your take here is fairly ignorant. Your blinders are definitely up.  I really don’t want any part of peterman starting but after the first part of the preseason, with him getting plenty of first team reps and even a start, saying it’s the dumbest thread in history is honestly just really dumb on your part. 

You dont have to understand why anyone would give him this much thought as a starter but it’s fairly evident that the coach we’re all growing to love has differing opinion. 

true that.

that is why there is an ignore feature.  to bypass the koolaid drinkers and (continuous mildly) insulting posts 

If you took all "personal feelings" out of the equation and factored in the concept that McDermott may not want to rush the rookie in (as seen by last season) then the (only) logical choices were McCarron and Peterman.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who?

Man, I thought  McCarron would perform better than he did in the preseason games.  Thus far I am not impressed. 

Yeah, there were people here that actually believed that McCarron was an upgrade from Tyrod. The league spoke pretty loudly on their thoughts about McCarron when he signed that tiny contract. Guys like Keenum, Bridgewater & McCown were paid way more to essentially do the same thing. There’s a decent chance that McCarron ends up getting traded to Seattle IMO.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, there were people here that actually believed that McCarron was an upgrade from Tyrod. The league spoke pretty loudly on their thoughts about McCarron when he signed that tiny contract. Guys like Keenum, Bridgewater & McCown were paid way more to essentially do the same thing. There’s a decent chance that McCarron ends up getting traded to Seattle IMO.

I would say "I hoped he was an upgrade".  but man  mind blown thus far. 

Seattle is looking for a backup as seen in the reports they wanted J. Brissett (sp?) 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I would say "I hoped he was an upgrade".  but man  mind blown thus far. 

Seattle is looking for a backup as seen in the reports they wanted J. Brissett (sp?) 

Yep, that’s what it sounds like. I could see the Bills trying to get Peterman or McCarron there for a 5th (or something like that). I don’t know how Seattle feels about those guys but it makes some sense. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, that’s what it sounds like. I could see the Bills trying to get Peterman or McCarron there for a 5th (or something like that). I don’t know how Seattle feels about those guys but it makes some sense. 

Hell, they got what like a 5th for Meh Cassel from Dallas? 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hell, they got what like a 5th for Meh Cassel from Dallas? 

It sounds like Seattle is pretty set on acquiring a guy. I’d pick up the phone if I were Beane. I’d tell them, “take your pick.” Allen is far enough along that they can keep 2 QBs. If they get out of the preseason healthy they can go Allen and a backup. There are enough good vets out there that you can add a guy in a pinch during the season if necessary. You can also take a young guy onto the PS if you want. This would allow the Bills to keep an extra player elsewhere that may play and get another pick. Just a thought at this point but it makes some sense.

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think at some point a.j. will either end up with the bucs or saints.

Those are both solid options as well!! The Saints fans will die though if there beloved Taysom Hill gets bumped down the depth chart.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It sounds like Seattle is pretty set on acquiring a guy. I’d pick up the phone if I were Beane. I’d tell them, “take your pick.” Allen is far enough along that they can keep 2 QBs. If they get out of the preseason healthy they can go Allen and a backup. There are enough good vets out there that you can add a guy in a pinch during the season if necessary. You can also take a young guy onto the PS if you want. This would allow the Bills to keep an extra player elsewhere that may play and get another pick. Just a thought at this point but it makes some sense.

Those are both solid options as well!! The Saints fans will die though if there beloved Taysom Hill gets bumped down the depth chart.

Heard a story that the JETS may be willing to trade Teddy B.   Another option for Seattle, but TB will want to go where he has a chance at being a starter.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Heard a story that the JETS may be willing to trade Teddy B.   Another option for Seattle, but TB will want to go where he has a chance at being a starter.

Yeah, Teddy looks like he’s back. If I were the Broncos I’d pick up the phone yesterday and make that call. I think that the Jets can get a 2 for him which will make him a GREAT signing from their standpoint. He has to get traded somewhere. 

35 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

true that.

that is why there is an ignore feature.  to bypass the koolaid drinkers and (continuous mildly) insulting posts 

If you took all "personal feelings" out of the equation and factored in the concept that McDermott may not want to rush the rookie in (as seen by last season) then the (only) logical choices were McCarron and Peterman.  

theres more than one logical choice here. its not just mcarron or Peterman. I don't buy in that the concept you mentioned is what they are following. IMO they'll start allen if/when they deem him fit no matter how quick or long that takes, and that's the boat i'm on. I don't care if its week 1 or week 10....

i believe Peterman is an option but i want no part of it. i have absolutely no faith in his game when the bullets start to fly. if they think the rookie is ready count me in on that one.

and FTR, while tranny is irritating, i find the "drinkers" a lot less annoying that the persistent pessimists.

Edited by Stank_Nasty