Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

12 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Hey guys, there is a Nathan Peterman page that is currently 48 pages long. How did this happen? 

It's a situation much like that of Billy Mumphrey's 'unbridled enthusiasm'.  A situation not unlike Alan Greenspan's 'irrational exuberance'.  Those factors, a lot of mob rule, and 5 cases of Genny Screamers thrown in.

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll expand on this a bit.  I think if AJ and Nate indeed look like a dead heat through preseason, both WILL be kept even if Allen is lighting the place up and looks ready to rock.  The reason I think that is because the wild-card is, are we dealing with a Preseason Warrior who fades when the pace and intensity ratchet up during the regular season?  They want to field a capable team this year I believe, and they won't know for sure until they see a guy play a regular game. 

I'll put it out there, though, that I think it's a pretty big "if".

Also, I would think that McD would be loath to be forced to start Allen before he is ready, and that alone would be reason to keep all three. The chances of McCarron, (or Peterman, in the unlikely event he starts) getting injured early in the season behind a newly formed O-line is high enough for this consideration. McCarron certainly doesn't envision himself as a career backup, so the question for me is: has Peterman shown that he can be a competent backup? If he has, then keep all three.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Alright man, we're entering the championship rounds.

Time to see if anyone is declared winner.

It’s wide open at this point. My guess is that the Bills don’t pick a guy until after the 3rd preseason game. The next month will be big.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s wide open at this point. My guess is that the Bills don’t pick a guy until after the 3rd preseason game. The next month will be big.

Hoping someone takes the reigns before the third game, that would mean one of these guys is playing well. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

i'm honestly more excited to see a preseason game than i have been in a very long time.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

More exciting than Jeff Tuel to Da'Rick Rogers?

Man, those were great times, seeing Tuel light up an Indy defense full of future grocery baggers and then reading about how he should be getting 1st team reps.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

Man, those were great times, seeing Tuel light up an Indy defense full of future grocery baggers and then reading about how he should be getting 1st team reps.

I think you were on BBMB at the time.  I remember when we cut Rogers, Indy picked him up and had a 100 yard game at some point in the season.  BBMB exploded and some demanded several FO people to get canned.  Then we never heard of Da'Rick again.  

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I feel like I read on more than one occasion that the staff would like to have reached a decision on their QB some time during training camp.

I thought some point during preseason made the most sense, but I'm just rolling with what's been suggested.

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With a stronger arm the Bills essentially have a brand new QB in Nathan Peterman, but it's the bolded parts in the last two paragraphs especially, that I've long held, as to what would likely put Peterman over the top in the competition.

from Democrat and Chronicle 

“I think he’s a very confident young man and he’s resilient,” said Beane, who was impressed by how Peterman handled the adversity. “You saw a guy who got knocked down hard. Not all on him, either, but the greatest thing about what Nathan did was he never pointed a finger and that says a lot, because it’s hard.”

Rather than spend the time between the wild-card game and the start of the Bills’ offseason program sulking, he got right back to work. He went out to California and spent time at 3DQB, which is a biomechanics training facility that helps quarterbacks, as well as baseball pitchers, hone their mechanics and throwing motion.

Tom House, the former major-league pitcher who through the years has counted among his NFL quarterback clients future Hall of Famers Tom Brady and Drew Brees, worked with Peterman, and if the Bills’ spring practices were any indication, Peterman has come back a better player. 

Beyond the mechanical adjustments Peterman made, what Beane really likes is his grasp of the game, particularly the Bills’ new offense under Brian Daboll.

“He’s super smart,” said Beane. “He’s not going to tell you how good he is or how smart he is. He’s just Steady Eddie every day and you love how he approaches the game. I know Sean’s been there more than me, but even I’ve stopped in there a couple times when Daboll’s had those guys in (the meeting room) and they’re writing stuff on the board. He’s playing Jeopardy! with them. He’s trying to just see what they know, and Nathan is really, really smart.”

9 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

With a stronger arm the Bills essentially have a brand new QB in Nathan Peterman, but it's the bolded parts in the last two paragraphs especially, that I've long held, as to what would likely put Peterman over the top in the competition.

from Democrat and Chronicle 

“I think he’s a very confident young man and he’s resilient,” said Beane, who was impressed by how Peterman handled the adversity. “You saw a guy who got knocked down hard. Not all on him, either, but the greatest thing about what Nathan did was he never pointed a finger and that says a lot, because it’s hard.”

Rather than spend the time between the wild-card game and the start of the Bills’ offseason program sulking, he got right back to work. He went out to California and spent time at 3DQB, which is a biomechanics training facility that helps quarterbacks, as well as baseball pitchers, hone their mechanics and throwing motion.

Tom House, the former major-league pitcher who through the years has counted among his NFL quarterback clients future Hall of Famers Tom Brady and Drew Brees, worked with Peterman, and if the Bills’ spring practices were any indication, Peterman has come back a better player. 

Beyond the mechanical adjustments Peterman made, what Beane really likes is his grasp of the game, particularly the Bills’ new offense under Brian Daboll.

“He’s super smart,” said Beane. “He’s not going to tell you how good he is or how smart he is. He’s just Steady Eddie every day and you love how he approaches the game. I know Sean’s been there more than me, but even I’ve stopped in there a couple times when Daboll’s had those guys in (the meeting room) and they’re writing stuff on the board. He’s playing Jeopardy! with them. He’s trying to just see what they know, and Nathan is really, really smart.”

So appropriate that on the first play of training camp the CB jumped the route and dropped a pick 6. He’s picking up right where he left off :)

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So appropriate that on the first play of training camp the CB jumped the route and dropped a pick 6. He’s picking up right where he left off :)

...yup...practice makes PERFECT......tough crowd........Allen's first pick and Buffalo will NO LONGER be his sanctuary city....SMH.....

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup...practice makes PERFECT......tough crowd........Allen's first pick and Buffalo will NO LONGER be his sanctuary city....SMH.....

Apples and Oranges....Allen is a surefire top 10 pick with as much talent as any QB in the league. Guys with talent get the chance to work through struggles. He will get every opportunity to prove that he belongs. Jeff Tuel got one chance. Not everyone gets equal opportunity. 

It was a simple joke. The guy throws a lot of INTs and would have started camp with a pick 6. I’m not going to derail this conversation though. There is too much camp left. The situation will play out in due time...

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Apples and Oranges....Allen is a surefire top 10 pick with as much talent as any QB in the league. Guys with talent get the chance to work through struggles. He will get every opportunity to prove that he belongs. Jeff Tuel got one chance. Not everyone gets equal opportunity. 

It was a simple joke. The guy throws a lot of INTs and would have started camp with a pick 6. I’m not going to derail this conversation though. There is too much camp left. The situation will play out in due time...

...absolutely............no need to press the PANIC button now.......stay tuned...:thumbsup:.

47 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ball needed to be more to the outside.

But...

I see the zip!