Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

27 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Funny you should mention Fitzpatrick, because of recent Bills' QB's I believe it's Fitzpatrick that Peterman has the chance of mimicking in terms decisiveness and controlling the offense.

Fitzpatrick was drafted in round 7 while Bradshaw was drafted 1st overall and threw almost as many interceptions as he did TD's almost every season.

Fitzpatrick has made the most of himself considering his limitations.

Quietly passed for near 4,000 yards along with 30 TDs as a NYJet and is 3rd all-time in TDs as a Bill despite only playing three full seasons.

The coaching staff praises Peterman for his grasp of the offense and I think it's this grasp that could put him over the top.

The test clearly doesn't determine a player's career, but there could be something to it.

I see a lot of Fitz in Peterman. Maybe he has a similar trajectory limited by a lack of elite physical gifts, maybe he's worse. I'm hoping if he can prove he belongs the Bills build around him like the Chiefs around Smith, Rams around Bulger, etc and give him a chance to exceed his on-paper potential.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I see a lot of Fitz in Peterman. Maybe he has a similar trajectory limited by a lack of elite physical gifts, maybe he's worse. I'm hoping if he can prove he belongs the Bills build around him like the Chiefs around Smith, Rams around Bulger, etc and give him a chance to exceed his on-paper potential.

Build around him?  Are you kidding? You do know the Bills drafted Allen with the 7th overall pick.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:16 PM, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

You can go on thinking that, until he throws 4INTs in Q1, maybe on his 1st 4 series.

Josh Allen is the starter week one...and well he should be / granted, he doesn’t have the benefit of playing for the Houston Gamblersfarm team, as Jim Kelly did, but Josh is the future of the team.

start him now 

19 and 0 baby!!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!!!

Just now, The Senator said:

You can go on thinking that, until he throws 4INTs in Q1, maybe on his 1st 4 series.

Josh Allen is the starter week one...and well he should be / granted, he doesn’t have the benefit of playing for the Houston Gamblersfarm team, as Jim Kelly did, but Josh is the future of the team.

start him now 

19 and 0 baby!!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!!!

Is he going to become 10x the QB he was the rest of his career with 2 weeks of training camp?

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Paxton Lynch - Trevor Siemian.

Just because they used a high pick on a kid doesn't mean they should have. They bought a complex project with some broken and missing pieces. I've got a garage full of those that never even left the box.

So if the mid top 10 pick is a complete and utter failure I suppose it is possible. With that being said, Allen will be given the chance to fail and if he does they will swing again (as Denver did with Keenum). 

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So, in the not-unlikely event that they sit Allen to start the season, and McCarron beats out Peterman in TC (which, by all accounts I have read, he appears to be doing), should the Bills "build around" McCarron?

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

So, in the not-unlikely event that they sit Allen to start the season, and McCarron beats out Peterman in TC (which, by all accounts I have read, he appears to be doing), should the Bills "build around" McCarron?

I'm talking much more about scheme than talent. Tailor the offense to his strengths and hide his weaknesses. Some teams just put a QB in and ru8n whatever they want. The teams that have been successful with the Bulgers, Smiths, Penningtons, Garcias of the world let those guys do what they do best and not try to force them to be Elway.

See: The Bills trying to Make JP Losman a west coast QB.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm talking much more about scheme than talent. Tailor the offense to his strengths and hide his weaknesses. Some teams just put a QB in and ru8n whatever they want. The teams that have been successful with the Bulgers, Smiths, Penningtons, Garcias of the world let those guys do what they do best and not try to force them to be Elway.

So basically do what the Bills did with the first two years of Tyrod?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So basically do what the Bills did with the first two years of Tyrod?

More or less, yea. Unfortunately Tyrod had some kind of shell shock where he wouldn't/couldn't use his deep ball effectively anymore. If he did that 2 times a game he'd still be here. Not making any mistakes may have been a tactic of his, because he knew he could always get work if he was safe with the footbal and could flash plays with his legs. It takes him from a one and done guy top someone that may play well into his 30s.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How about drafting a more talented QB with no limitations?  Hopefully the Bills have done just that with Allen.  In any event Peterman is not the man the Bills will build around. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about drafting a more talented QB with no limitations?  Hopefully the Bills have done just that with Allen.  In any event Peterman is not the man the Bills will build around. 

If you think that's what Allen resembles you haven't been paying attention. His flaws are enormous and crucial to NFL level play. He isn't a prospect like Elway, Manning, etc. Can he overcome them? Sure why not. Close to no one has, outside of Favre and Moon.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you think that's what Allen resembles you haven't been paying attention. His flaws are enormous and crucial to NFL level play. He isn't a prospect like Elway, Manning, etc. Can he overcome them? Sure why not. Close to no one has, outside of Favre and Moon.

I know he has flaws as I have expressed many times both before and after he was drafted by the BIlls.  Nevertheless, he has the kind of talent and potential Peterman can only dream of even at his best. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I know he has flaws as I have expressed many times both before and sfter he was drafted by the BIlls.  Nevertheless, he has the kind of talent and potential Peterman can only dream of even at his best. 

Potential based on what? A big arm? The history of the NFL is littered with former Ricky Vaughan style prospects that never panned out - Russel, Boller, George, Cutler immediately come to mind. Accuracy and timing have been king of the NFL for 50 years. Guys that are deadly accurate seem to never be out of work in this league, even if they have other shortcomings

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Potential based on what? A big arm? The history of the NFL is littered with former Ricky Vaughan style prospects that never panned out - Russel, Boller, George, Cutler immediately come to mind. Accuracy and timing have been king of the NFL for 50 years. Guys that are deadly accurate seem to never be out of work in this league, even if they have other shortcomings

I thought we were discussing Peterman?

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

You don't have to tell me about his shortcomings, but you're trying to pump Nathan Peterman up vs. Allen.   Allen will either develop into a franchise QB or he won't, but he's the guy the Bills will build around with Peterman at best being a guy who can backup.  If you see it any other way you're not being realistic. 

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but it looks like you’re saying that Peterman is somehow a better prospect than Allen. And that ‘deadly accuracy’ is the trait that separates them.