Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Just to be clear: you're arguing for Peterman?

Yes. Peterman has accuracy in line with traditional NFL success. Many, many , many players have had his level of accuracy and fall way short. it's not an indicator of success, but not having it is a strong metric that rules in favor of failure.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Not really. I just like what Peterman offers. 

Hahaha.

You are vastly underrating the talent that Allen is bringing to the team. 

Why people project things on to a guy like Peterman is beyond me. I don't know if they see some of themselves in them, like they want to support the underdog, or some such, but he ain't gonna play ahead of Allen. Like, your dreaming. This early camp ranking is all standard "veteran's first"-type jazz.

But I like to see these kind of posts, it adds to the fun. 

Just now, OJ Tom said:

Hahaha.

You are vastly underrating the talent that Allen is bringing to the team. 

Why people project things on to a guy like Peterman is beyond me. I don't know if they see some of themselves in them, like they want to support the underdog, or some such, but he ain't gonna play ahead of Allen. Like, your dreaming. This early camp ranking is all standard "veteran's first"-type jazz.

But I like to see these kind of posts, it adds to the fun. 

What talent? Be specific. Everyone talks about talent and potential, but those are just empty words unless you say what they're talented in.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Yes. Peterman has accuracy in line with traditional NFL success. Many, many , many players have had his level of accuracy and fall way short. it's not an indicator of success, but not having it is a strong metric that rules in favor of failure.

He blows.

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What talent? Be specific. Everyone talks about talent and potential, but those are just empty words unless you say what they're talented in.

So we're clear, you don't believe in the talent of Allen, who's never thrown an NFL pass...but you do believe in Nate Peterman, whose skill we've seen on display. 

And we're talking about Nate Peterman, the Bills QB right? 

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

So we're clear, you don't believe in the talent of Allen, who's never thrown an NFL pass...but you do believe in Nate Peterman, whose skill we've seen on display. 

And we're talking about Nate Peterman, the Bills QB right? 

I don't know what "talent" you're referring to. I've never heard it described on these boards with the exception of a strong arm.

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We weren’t talking straight WC. We were talking RPOs, moving pockets, wheel routes, etc... Tyrod is way better fit in Daboll’s offense than Dennison’s. 

As you well know I wasn't a Taylor fan. From my perspective he served a useful purpose while here but it was time to move on. But regardless what anyone thinks of him how he was handled was stupid. Denison had a philosophy and he was stubbornly sticking to. That is a dumb approach to take not only in the pros but also in college, high school and Pop Warner football. Rigidity as opposed to flexibility and adaptability is the hallmark of small minds and mediocrity. . 

McCarron and Peterman are qualitatively different talents than Allen. If they are handled the same way and the game plan is the same for each of then then this offense, as challenged as it seems to be, will stagnate even more than it should.

Leslie Frazier did a terrific job of utilizing the talents he had to work with. Make no mistake that the talent level on that unit was sub par. The defensive backfield was high quality but the LBing and DL had deficiencies. Without question he maximized the talent he had.. Hopefully, this year the OCe will be smarter in his utilization of the talent that he has to work with. 

• Like (+1) 5

Things don't bode well for Peterman (or McCarron, for that matter) to win the starting job.

There's only 1 QB on the roster who's consistently trended up through the entire offseason from OTAs to Minicamp to the first 3 days of Training Camp.

It's not Peterman.

It's not McCarron.

I said all along the first week of Training Camp would be the biggest indication of who our starting QB would eventually be.

Well, right now, 3 days in, there's a clear winner so far.

Allen will start.

tenor.gif?itemid=9151673

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I've already said it 30 times across various threads. There is EXTREMELY limited historical evidence of inaccurate strong armed QBs being successful int he NFL. There are 2 "successful" QBs I've found over the last 35 years that raised their compeltion percentage rating by 3 or more points from college (Favre and Moon). The way they play the game - Allen is a traditional gunslinger that whips it down the field while staring down a receiver and hopes for the best (Favre, Cutler). Peterman is more of a gamer that moves around in and out of the pocket and looks for a play. If Peterman succeeds int he NFL I think he looks something like Fitz or Garcia.

Most realistically, I think the Bills are drafting another 1rst round QB in 3 years.

I would take Favre

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Things don't bode well for Peterman (or McCarron, for that matter) to win the starting job.

There's only 1 QB on the roster who's consistently trended up through the entire offseason from OTAs to Minicamp to the first 3 days of Training Camp.

It's not Peterman.

It's not McCarron.

I said all along the first week of Training Camp would be the biggest indication of who our starting QB would eventually be.

Well, right now, 3 days in, there's a clear winner so far.

Allen will start.

tenor.gif?itemid=9151673

Maybe we're reading different reports. From what I've read, McCarron has been the most consistent. Have you read otherwise?

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When I read the evaluation of McCarron the first thought that popped into my head was Trent Edwards. That overly cautious mind-set is tough to break. 

That’s what it sounds like (and Edwards is my least favorite Bill ever). With that being said McCarron has been a winner throughout his life. I’d like to think that he has a tough competitive spirit. I’m not sure that he’s too physically gifted but he will make good decisions. He did, and still does, feel like a good backup to me. He’s the kind of guy that can play for a few weeks and not hurt you. He isn’t going to elevate anyone though.

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Maybe we're reading different reports. From what I've read, McCarron has been the most consistent. Have you read otherwise?

The Joe B post earlier said that Allen has been the best of the 3 so far. It’s up in the thread earlier.