Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not sure what the Browns record LAST YEAR has to do with the depth and talent that they have now? How well did: Baker, Tyrod, Landry, Gordon, Hyde, Chubb, Ward, Corbett, Gaines, Calloway, Hubbard, Mitchell, Carrie, Fells, Randall and Janis do for the Browns last year? What sort of contributions did those guys make for them? If the answer is, “they didn’t play there”  last year is irrelevant. This Browns roster looks NOTHING like last years. They could be adding 10 new starters!! That certainly helps the depth.

Hyde is still a stud.. their defense is loaded 

Garrett also missed a bunch of the season 

Haley might even build an offense Ty operates well in. 

Agreed that no roster i can think of in ages has undergone this sort of talent overhaul 

35 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Huh, so they aren't waiting til Sunday morning to announce the starter..Why the change? Could this be in preparation for the starter come week one!

McDermott said they would start preparations after today as if this were a normal regular season week which means Allen will get the Lion's share of the 1st team reps. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/josh-allen-named-starter-for-bills-third-preseason-game

Josh Allen named starter for Bills third preseason game

tenor.gif?itemid=5380842

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott said they would start preparations after today as if this was a normal regular season week which means Allen will get the Lion's share of the 1st team reps. 

Which means Allen is the regular season starter without actually saying it.

OP... you have moderator powers for this thread... feel free to shut it down to avoid further embarrassment.

I actually thought Peterman had a good shot at starting week 1 , 

until I saw ( Allen ) & what a REAL QB looks like NOT a RB>(Tyrod) playing QB I mean a REAL QB , 

anyway it’s time ( IMO ) for this thread to RIP 

It all depends on how long Allen plays , if he plays a quarter and Peterman plats a quarter , we are at the status quo. I personally think that McD doesn't want to start Allen in Baltimore but ,Allen has  come along  faster than anyone could imagine. I  feel sorry for you  Peterman haters because the least Peterman  is going to be the backup to Allen when Allen is ready. AJM will be gone. when he gets " healthy ". I have the best of  two worlds in that I really like Peterman and was ecstatic when  the Josh they picked turned out to be Allen . Now it is a matter of when no t if that Allen becomes our  QB  and  Peterman becomes  number two.

Edited by Wily Dog
spacing

Just now, Wily Dog said:

It all depends on how long Allen plays , if he plays a quarter and Peterman plats a quarter , we are at the status quo. I personally think that Mcddoesn't want to start Allen in Baltimore but ,Allen has  come along  faster than anyone could imagine. I  feel sorry for you  Peterman haters because the least Peterman  is going to be the backup to Allen when Allen is ready. AJM will be gone. when he gets " healthy ". I have the best of  two worlds in that I really like Peterman and was ecstatic when  the Josh they picked turned out to be Allen . Now it is a matter of when no t if that Allen becomes our  QB  and  Peterman becomes  number two.

:huh:  Not looking good for that with only two healthy QBs.  Allen will play at least 1 half and likely more with the Bills preparing as if this were a regular season game. 

Just now, Wily Dog said:

It all depends on how long Allen plays , if he plays a quarter and Peterman plats a quarter , we are at the status quo. I personally think that Mcddoesn't want to start Allen in Baltimore but ,Allen has  come along  faster than anyone could imagine. I  feel sorry for you  Peterman haters because the least Peterman  is going to be the backup to Allen when Allen is ready. AJM will be gone. when he gets " healthy ". I have the best of  two worlds in that I really like Peterman and was ecstatic when  the Josh they picked turned out to be Allen . Now it is a matter of when no t if that Allen becomes our  QB  and  Peterman becomes  number two.

McCarron, when completely healthy, which may not be for several weeks (allowing for the time to get back into the groove) will be the number two I'm pretty sure. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Weak bait post.

I don't really know what that means. I have said the same thing about the quarterbacks 100 here times since the draft. Allen was going to start week one. McCarron will be the backup. Peterman will be lucky to make the team and will be signed to the PS. That is still a decent chance to happen as soon as McCarron is healthy. I don't think anyone of us knows whether AJ is going to be 100% by the first game. I would doubt it and if he hasn't practiced full go they will surely have Peterout as the backup. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't really know what that means. I have said the same thing about the quarterbacks 100 here times since the draft. Allen was going to start week one. McCarron will be the backup. Peterman will be lucky to make the team and will be signed to the PS. That is still a decent chance to happen as soon as McCarron is healthy. I don't think anyone of us knows whether AJ is going to be 100% by the first game. I would doubt it and if he hasn't practiced full go they will surely have Peterout as the backup. 

McCarron has been skirting the line of awful. I'd rather have Shane Matthews back.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It means that AJM is no longer in the Bills plans. They will pick up a retread for emergency.

Just now, Wily Dog said:

It means that AJM is no longer in the Bills plans. They will pick up a retread for emergency.

They just had their chance and didn't even sign a guy knowing AJ can't play for a few practices. 

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Delusion seemingly knows no bounds.

For you you talking? There is not a chance that if you were the GM you would cut AJ McCarron and sign 48 year old Shane Matthews. So that was a lie. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They just had their chance and didn't even sign a guy knowing AJ can't play for a few practices. 

For you you talking? There is not a chance that if you were the GM you would cut AJ McCarron and sign 48 year old Shane Matthews. So that was a lie. 

Image result for what gif

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

McCarron, when completely healthy, which may not be for several weeks (allowing for the time to get back into the groove) will be the number two I'm pretty sure. 

The way he had that offense  clicking against Cleveland was pure magic 

Looks like Josh Allen is working his way up at a faster pace then I anticipated. It definitely builds excitement that our first round QB is making waves in preseason. 

If Peterman doesn't win the competition, I will still give him credit for sticking it out and doing well in preseason. I hope people don't bash the guy relentlessly because it turned out Josh Allen was a winning lottery ticket. Peterman set the bar to overcome and if Josh Allen does it I think that's fantastic.

Just my reality of the bar set by Peterman is different than others. As in go out and complete 9/10 with a touchdown or better in this next game. Don't go out and get sacked a bunch and get 3 and outs and expect me to make excuses for it or accept it. 

I don't want to hear about a bad O-Line or wrs dropping passes. 

Edited by Lfod