California (again)

I had to pop in for this doozie.  Starting in 2030 natural gas utilities will be banned. Not in just new construction but banned altogether and switched to electric. So if my gas heater needs to me replaced I’m *****. Now here’s the punchline to this joke.  50% of California’s electricity is produced by, you guessed it……..natural gas. 

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program titled “I’m glad I’m in the last 1/3 of my life with no children.” 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 5 weeks later...

b8b8c0cf-5005-4ee2-9c61-d705fc9399b0-860

Gavin Newsom’s $98 Billion Surplus Went Bye-Bye

BY MATT MARGOLIS

Back in May, California Gov. Gavin Newsom gleefully boasted that the state of California had a nearly $98 billion surplus after operating in the black for multiple years. But, now that Newsom’s been safely reelected, new projections show that the state of California will have a $25 billion deficit in the 2023-2024 fiscal year.

“That shortfall, according to a new report from the state’s independent Legislative Analyst’s Office, could be followed by continued annual budgetary gaps between $17 billion and $8 billion for the subsequent three years,” reports the Sacramento Bee. “If the forecast holds true through June, when the state’s next budget must be passed, Newsom and legislators may have to make some tough calls. Those include how far to dip into the state’s reserves, where to make potential spending cuts and what projects and programs to slow down. Luckily, the state has stashed away billions of dollars in reserves in recent years to help cope with it.”

“The downturn is due to state revenues growing slower than spending — a possible precursor to a recession, the report indicated. The revenue estimates, if accurate, would represent the weakest economic performance California has experienced since the Great Recession of 2007 to 2009.”

Well, at least the report came out after Newsom was elected, right?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/11/16/gavin-newsoms-98-billion-surplus-went-bye-bye-n1646568

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

On reparations.  If this goes through on the national level how do we determine who gets what?  This would be impossible to administer so why even try?  

This type of stuff is just to buy votes. It won't happen just like Biden's student loan forgiveness won't happen either.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm 100 percent  Polsh . Moms dad came over about 1910.  Other ancestors the generation before. Both sides came from around Posnan.  I demand  reparations from Germany,Auatr\ia/ Hungary, and Russia. I deserve them a lot more.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I'm 100 percent  Polsh . Moms dad came over about 1910.  Other ancestors the generation before. Both sides came from around Posnan.  I demand  reparations from Germany,Auatr\ia/ Hungary, and Russia. I deserve them a lot more.

I quite often give my two cents on here….will that suffice? 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2022 at 2:40 PM, Chef Jim said:

I had to pop in for this doozie.  Starting in 2030 natural gas utilities will be banned. Not in just new construction but banned altogether and switched to electric. So if my gas heater needs to me replaced I’m *****. Now here’s the punchline to this joke.  50% of California’s electricity is produced by, you guessed it……..natural gas. 

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program titled “I’m glad I’m in the last 1/3 of my life with no children.” 

Given CPSC Commissioner Trumka’s foreshadowing of what’s coming — a nationwide attempt to ban gas stoves (and no, I don’t believe that was just one guy speaking out of class; gas to the home has been a favorite environmentalist target for a few years now) — I may just replace my old gas

range sooner rather than later. I hate, hate, hate electric. 
Question, Chef: I’ve never used induction. What do you think about it?

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Question, Chef: I’ve never used induction. What do you think about it?

I'm not Chef, but we've used induction for over ten years.

Wouldn't do anything else.

Same goes with tankless water heaters.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If we at all wonder why Cali. has become what it is today we need look no further than Newsome, Pelosi, Waters, & Schiff ! 

And in NY Nadler, Schumer, AOC, & now Hocul puts that state right in line with these wing nuts ! 

• Like (+1) 1

California’s COVID vaccine mandate for K-12 students is being withdrawn, having never taken effect. To all the parents who joined together and fought back: We won. To Gavin Newsom: You lost.

Newsom followed the political advice of “experts,” who were almost immediately proven wrong about what the vaccines can do.

They, and he, repeatedly assured the public that being vaccinated was a compassionate act to protect others. Even though it was abundantly clear almost immediately that vaccination did not protect against infection or transmission.

Mandates were an indefensible overreach, designed to appease political factions, not to promote public health.

https://www.outkick.com/california-backs-down-wont-mandate-covid-19-vaccines-for-children/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

California defaults on $18.5B federal loan, leaves California businesses holding the bag.

“Little did California businesses know that they were cosigners on the state’s nearly $20 billion loan from the federal government that was used to cover California’s unemployment fund shortfall during the COVID pandemic. This ugly truth became apparent when the state recently decided to stop making payments on this loan. When a state defaults on its federal unemployment insurance loan, federal law requires that the state’s businesses repay the loan.”

https://www.hoover.org/research/california-defaults-185-billion-debt-leaving-state-businesses-holding-bag

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/17/why-californias-high-speed-rail-is-taking-so-long-to-complete.html 

Despite the funding challenges, progress has been made on the project. In California’s Central Valley, 119 miles are under construction. The project recently celebrated its 10,000th construction worker on the job. The infrastructure design work is complete, and 422 out of 500 miles have been environmentally cleared, which is a monumental task in California.

• Haha (+1) 1

The price tag for the rail system has risen to $128 billion, according to a California High Speed Rail Authority project update report — a nearly 22% uptick from last year's $105 billion estimate and a far cry from the $33 billion cost that voters approved in 2008.

https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/news/california-high-speed-rail-cost-jumps-128b/645533/#:~:text=The price tag for the,that voters approved in 2008.

But bet its made some cousins construction company some bank though.

https://www.newgeography.com/content/007801-california-growth-and-domestic-migration-changing-trends

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, B-Man said:

GOODER AND HARDER: 

Every Company Leaving California: 2020-2023.

https://buildremote.co/companies/companies-leaving-california/

Wup, Wup. NY has one on that list.  

“The original vision for this site was a billion dollar investment from New York State, Global Foundries would put $3.2 billion in and create 1,200 jobs. We stand here today, the state put their dollars in, global foundries put $15 billion in, and there are now 3,000 jobs here and growing.” CEO Caulfield said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlobalFoundries

GlobalFoundries Inc. (GF or GloFo) is a multinational semiconductor contract manufacturing and design company incorporated in the Cayman Islands and headquartered in Malta, New York.[3] Created by the divestiture of the manufacturing arm of AMD, the company was privately owned by Mubadala Investment Company, the sovereign wealth fund of the United Arab Emirates, until an initial public offering (IPO) in October 2021.

And is getting the lion's share of the CHIPS funds into NYS.

https://www.saratoga.com/saratogabusinessjournal/2022/08/globalfoundries-gets-expansion-approval-u-s-bill-to-help-chip-industry-moves-ahead/#:~:text=Once CHIPS Act funding legislation is signed into,its manufacturing sites in New York and Vermont.

52B of the chips bill going right to that company.

GlobalFoundries plans to expand production in the U.S. and Singapore. In the U.S., analysts see upside for GlobalFoundries stock if Congress passes the U.S. Chips Act in 2022 to expand domestic chip manufacturing. 

Visiting southern California this long weekend and talking to folks about this topic… wedding, mostly locals.  basically everyone except the few crazies are believers in conservative fiscal policy but let the media make them believe republicans want to imprison their 3 gay friends so they don’t know what to do.

Meanwhile homelessness isnt some contrived Fox News story, it’s a disaster, personally effecting many people (ok not in La Jolla) but in their travels or day to day. and the drugs and crime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Newsom Blames Florida Memorial Day Shooting on DeSantis-Signed Bill - There's Just One Problem

f2c30b35-9047-4fea-beb1-dc16e08febc6-860

What do you call a cocky governor of a solidly blue state who’s forced into a humiliating recall election after his draconian executive actions during the pandemic—which he was caught violating, several times — forced unnecessary hardships on millions of his state’s citizens? Two words: Gavin Newsom.

Or, “Governor Hair Gel,” to some.

And, not to beat up on Newsom too much [sarc], but here’s a guy who saw 340,000 Californians flee his state in 2022 for a myriad of reasons, including high violent crime rates, out-of-control spending, excessive taxation, homeless encampments, public drug use, and other far-left issues.

So what does the California governor take from that?

While Newsom continues to insist he won’t enter the 2024 Democrat presidential primaries, he does continue to tour key blue states — and also continues to take cheap shots at Republican presidential candidate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Coincidence? You make the call.

Anyway, as reported by Fox News, after at least nine people, including minors, were hospitalized Monday following an altercation that escalated into gunfire at Florida’s Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, Newsom ran his mouth on Twitter about the “senseless violence,” and how only “common-sense [sic] gun safety” laws will stop such shootings— a direct shot at a permitless carry bill signed by DeSantis in April.

Just one problem.

Florida’s new Constitutional Carry law, which will allow Floridians to carry concealed weapons without a government-issued permit, doesn’t go into effect until July 1, 2023, making Florida the 26th state to enact Constitutional Carry legislation. 

The new law allows eligible citizens 21 years of age or older to carry without first obtaining a government-issued permit or paying a fee. And here’s the key: The legislation does not change who is eligible to obtain a carry permit, and those who still wish to get a permit may do so under the law. So Newsom’s nonsensical cheap shot at DeSantis was shot full of even more holes before it was tweeted.

Under the current law, Florida citizens who wish to concealed-carry in public must “desire a legal means to carry a concealed weapon” for lawful consent and pass a fingerprint-based background check, and complete a firearms training class, in addition to the previously mentioned government permit and fee.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/05/30/newsom-blames-florida-memorial-day-shooting-on-desantis-signed-bill-theres-just-one-problem-n753513

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

video shows nearly 40 teens viciously attacking off-duty Marines on Calif. beach

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/video-shows-off-duty-marines-beaten-by-mob-of-up-to-40-teens/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=message_app

Should have let the marines carry off base.

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Newsom Blames Florida Memorial Day Shooting on DeSantis-Signed Bill - There's Just One Problem

f2c30b35-9047-4fea-beb1-dc16e08febc6-860

What do you call a cocky governor of a solidly blue state who’s forced into a humiliating recall election after his draconian executive actions during the pandemic—which he was caught violating, several times — forced unnecessary hardships on millions of his state’s citizens? Two words: Gavin Newsom.

Or, “Governor Hair Gel,” to some.

And, not to beat up on Newsom too much [sarc], but here’s a guy who saw 340,000 Californians flee his state in 2022 for a myriad of reasons, including high violent crime rates, out-of-control spending, excessive taxation, homeless encampments, public drug use, and other far-left issues.

So what does the California governor take from that?

While Newsom continues to insist he won’t enter the 2024 Democrat presidential primaries, he does continue to tour key blue states — and also continues to take cheap shots at Republican presidential candidate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Coincidence? You make the call.

Anyway, as reported by Fox News, after at least nine people, including minors, were hospitalized Monday following an altercation that escalated into gunfire at Florida’s Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, Newsom ran his mouth on Twitter about the “senseless violence,” and how only “common-sense [sic] gun safety” laws will stop such shootings— a direct shot at a permitless carry bill signed by DeSantis in April.

Just one problem.

Florida’s new Constitutional Carry law, which will allow Floridians to carry concealed weapons without a government-issued permit, doesn’t go into effect until July 1, 2023, making Florida the 26th state to enact Constitutional Carry legislation. 

The new law allows eligible citizens 21 years of age or older to carry without first obtaining a government-issued permit or paying a fee. And here’s the key: The legislation does not change who is eligible to obtain a carry permit, and those who still wish to get a permit may do so under the law. So Newsom’s nonsensical cheap shot at DeSantis was shot full of even more holes before it was tweeted.

Under the current law, Florida citizens who wish to concealed-carry in public must “desire a legal means to carry a concealed weapon” for lawful consent and pass a fingerprint-based background check, and complete a firearms training class, in addition to the previously mentioned government permit and fee.

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/05/30/newsom-blames-florida-memorial-day-shooting-on-desantis-signed-bill-theres-just-one-problem-n753513

Why is the worst Gov in America being critical of the best Gov in America. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The only thing Newsome destroys is CA. I don't feel sorry for those idiots as they voted for this POS.

Trying to stump on this disaster of an economy, foreign policy, domestic policy while people are feeling the pain is beyond daft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Trying to stump on this disaster of an economy, foreign policy, domestic policy while people are feeling the pain is beyond daft.

Newsome destroyed Hannity on his show - he couldn’t even back up your regurgitated talking points.

Fn losers 

On 5/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, Chris farley said:

The price tag for the rail system has risen to $128 billion, according to a California High Speed Rail Authority project update report — a nearly 22% uptick from last year's $105 billion estimate and a far cry from the $33 billion cost that voters approved in 2008.

https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/news/california-high-speed-rail-cost-jumps-128b/645533/#:~:text=The price tag for the,that voters approved in 2008.

But bet its made some cousins construction company some bank though.

https://www.newgeography.com/content/007801-california-growth-and-domestic-migration-changing-trends

And California is not asking you to pay for it. California is basically it’s own country we even pay your taxes.

22 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The only thing Newsome destroys is CA. I don't feel sorry for those idiots as they voted for this POS.

Not a big fan of Newsom I didn’t like the reports that he was setting rules during the pandemic, but not abiding by them himself