California (again)

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Stunning: CA Gov. Gavin Newsom Orders Investigation to Find Out Why State’s Gasoline Prices are So High

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2019/10/23/stunning-ca-gov.-gavin-newsom-orders-investigation-find-states-gasoline-prices-high

?

WTF.  Do they think we don't have memories.  He did this 6 months ago.  What did you find out pretty boy??

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Newsom-calls-for-investigation-into-13789550.php

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

WTF.  Do they think we don't have memories.  He did this 6 months ago.  What did you find out pretty boy??

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Newsom-calls-for-investigation-into-13789550.php

....no way in hell to deny he is not THE gubernatorial role model for the other lower 47.....a man on top of his game.....

Relatively small Sonoma fire is about to become a big story as the 60-80mph winds roll in tonight.

PG&E shutting off power to basically all of Marin in the next couple hours.  In case you're worried about me, fear not.  I have beer, steak and propane.

But I'll almost certainly miss the Bills game.  :angry:

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Relatively small Sonoma fire is about to become a big story as the 60-80mph winds roll in tonight.

PG&E shutting off power to basically all of Marin in the next couple hours.  In case you're worried about me, fear not.  I have beer, steak and propane.

Good luck to you KD. A bit windy up here in Shasta county and we lost power for a minute but that’s it. At least you are stocked up properly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I hope those steaks stay rare and you remain safe.

UPDATE NEWSPEAK DICTIONARIES ACCORDINGLY, COMRADES:

“Governor Newsom Announces New Partnerships and Tools to Help California’s Most Vulnerable Residents During Power Shutoffs… New resource guide outlines resources available for those in de-energization areas.”

Or to translate the phrase “de-energization areas” back into English: PG&E Shuts Power to 2.8 Million Californians as Fires Burn.

Found via Seth Mandel of the Washington Examiner, who tweets, “A giant state bordering the ocean keeps running out of water so I’m not surprised it also runs out of electricity. What I find incredible is the humiliating Orwellianism of calling ‘de-energization’ for ‘vulnerable populations’ what is actually ‘shutting off poor people’s power.’”

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Isn't California among the wealthiest of states? 

Absolutely. Fecal-covered solid gold streets! No power for millions! Tent cities of the homeless!

It's a ***** Typhus-ridden paradise! We should all aspire to become third world!

28 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Absolutely. Fecal-covered solid gold streets! No power for millions! Tent cities of the homeless!

It's a ***** Typhus-ridden paradise! We should all aspire to become third world!

You really believe the place is horrible, huh? 

Proof of positive of the power of propaganda. 

But Russian propaganda on face space didn't have an effect on the election 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You really believe the place is horrible, huh? 

Proof of positive of the power of propaganda. 

But Russian propaganda on face space didn't have an effect on the election 

Proof positive that the Democrats are now the party of the rich and that throwing money at a problem is the only way to fix things.  I've lived here for almost 40 years and though I love it it's not because of the ruling party it's in spite of.  One simple case in point.  Pretty boy Gavin just signed a rent control bill thinking that will solve the homeless issue. Well here's the issue with that.  LA and SF have rent control that is stricter than the one Gavin just signed in.  Guess which two cities have the biggest homeless problem.   Fools. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The Orwell angle is the new DNC-approved talking point? How delightfully unoriginal.

Wake me when we get back to the 'Everyone I disagree with is Hitler' retort.

Nope, those are my personal observations of how talking points start with Tucker and end up here

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Proof positive that the Democrats are now the party of the rich and that throwing money at a problem is the only way to fix things.  I've lived here for almost 40 years and though I love it it's not because of the ruling party it's in spite of.  One simple case in point.  Pretty boy Gavin just signed a rent control bill thinking that will solve the homeless issue. Well here's the issue with that.  LA and SF have rent control that is stricter than the one Gavin just signed in.  Guess which two cities have the biggest homeless problem.   Fools. 

You were complaining about the government using spray cans, so you are not to be taken seriously. 

Go California! 

Try  living in West Virginia