California (again)

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And California is not asking you to pay for it. California is basically it’s own country we even pay your taxes.

LOL.  

and none of that will make up for the capital, taxpayers and small businesses fleeing that state.

People flee Dark Blue.  Its not good for most. but seems to work for the investor class.  

Edited by Chris farley

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

4th largest economy in the world isn’t too shabby.

Tissue, Gregg with two g’s?

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Nice try.

California’s budget whiplash: From a record-setting surplus to a massive shortfall in one year (pressdemocrat.com)

Business and people are leaving in large numbers. SF a once beautiful city is now garbage. Keeping voting blue CA. 

There is a better chance I replace Josh Allen as QB of the Bills then there is in CA being a "great" anything.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Nice try.

California’s budget whiplash: From a record-setting surplus to a massive shortfall in one year (pressdemocrat.com)

Business and people are leaving in large numbers. SF a once beautiful city is now garbage. Keeping voting blue CA. 

There is a better chance I replace Josh Allen as QB of the Bills then there is in CA being a "great" anything.

Still the fourth largest economy in the WORLD.

Where are you from Gregg?

Where do you live now? 

• Dislike 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Still the fourth largest economy in the WORLD.

Where are you from Gregg?

Where do you live now? 

Born on Long Island but parents moved to NJ when I was 5. Have lived in NJ since then.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And not a Giants or Jets fan?

Nope. I should be. My dad bought Jets season tickets in Namath's rookie year. Started taking me to the games when I was 5. So, I go back to the Shea days. But OJ was my favorite player growing up and that is how I became a Bills fan. My first great memory with the Bills was the 1981 WC game at Shea. I was there. Bills jump out to 24-0 lead only to see the Jets make a furious rally. Bill Simpson intercepted Richard Todd at the goal line with about 10 seconds left as the Bills held on for a 31-27 win.

Just now, Gregg said:

Nope. I should be. My dad bought Jets season tickets in Namath's rookie year. Started taking me to the games when I was 5. So, I go back to the Shea days. But OJ was my favorite player growing up and that is how I became a Bills fan. My first great memory with the Bills was the 1981 WC game at Shea. I was there. Bills jump out to 24-0 lead only to see the Jets make a furious rally. Bill Simpson intercepted Richard Todd at the goal line with about 10 seconds left as the Bills held on for a 31-27 win.

awesome memory 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/13/2023 at 5:07 AM, Chris farley said:

LOL.  

and none of that will make up for the capital, taxpayers and small businesses fleeing that state.

People flee Dark Blue.  Its not good for most. but seems to work for the investor class.  

There are too many people in California anyway, I wish that it was true that people were leaving but the problem is is the people come in right behind them and set up shop continuing to make it to congested

California does not have problems with this The people that tell you this are lying to you. California has all of the problems of a country not some small little red state.

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There are too many people in California anyway, I wish that it was true that people were leaving but the problem is is the people come in right behind them and set up shop continuing to make it to congested

California does not have problems with this The people that tell you this are lying to you. California has all of the problems of a country not some small little red state.

Cali population density is half of say NY or Florida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_territories_of_the_United_States_by_population_density#:~:text=2020 density by population rank and land area, 410 29 more rows

And thats not the truth as proved by Net domestic migration.

List of U.S. states and territories by net migration - Wikipedia

unless your saying that the Citizens leaving Cali are being replaced by immigrants?

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Cali population density is half of say NY or Florida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_territories_of_the_United_States_by_population_density#:~:text=2020 density by population rank and land area, 410 29 more rows

And thats not the truth as proved by Net domestic migration.

List of U.S. states and territories by net migration - Wikipedia

unless your saying that the Citizens leaving Cali are being replaced by immigrants?

Are you trying to say that the population of Florida is greater than the population of California?

• Dislike 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Are you trying to say that the population of Florida is greater than the population of California?

Comprehension could really help you with that issue.

Its called Population density. you said cali is overcrowded. but by comparison, its not. 

there must be another reason people are fleeing that state (and other DARK blue ones)

or even why people are not coming back to the cities since covid.

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Comprehension could really help you with that issue.

Its called Population density. you said cali is overcrowded. but by comparison, its not. 

there must be another reason people are fleeing that state (and other DARK blue ones)

or even why people are not coming back to the cities since covid.

You’re leaving out a very important fact of this

As fast as people are leaving California, there are other people moving right in

Personally, I hope that the right wingers go to Florida better to get them all in one spot they’ve got things pretty strong up down there politically speaking and so they would probably be happier there

But in California we are more diverse and as fast as people are going out and it’s fast as companies leave, their places are taken by other people and other companies

The difference between the population in California and Florida are in the millions

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re leaving out a very important fact of this

As fast as people are leaving California, there are other people moving right in

Personally, I hope that the right wingers go to Florida better to get them all in one spot they’ve got things pretty strong up down there politically speaking and so they would probably be happier there

But in California we are more diverse and as fast as people are going out and it’s fast as companies leave, their places are taken by other people and other companies

The difference between the population in California and Florida are in the millions

you and comprehension.

You mean the part where I asked if they are being replaced by foreigners?

The facts dont agree with your story.

maybe it has something to do with bad policy and bad economics.

In the fiscal year of 2022, the state of California collected a total of 280.83 billion U.S. dollars in tax revenue, the highest of any state. New York collected the second highest amount of taxes in that year, coming in at 117.98 billion U.S. dollars

And a 25B dollar deficit. how does a state have a deficit?

and especially after the huge windfall they got with the state bail out.

Edited by Chris farley

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

you and comprehension.

You mean the part where I asked if they are being replaced by foreigners?

The facts dont agree with your story.

I will think one thing you need to come to terms with is this is America foreigners are allowed to come here

Illegal immigrants can’t vote but have to pay taxes. They are not counted whenever they tally California residents.

It’s not a surprise that foreigners would want to come to California and only legal ones are counted in the census

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I will think one thing you need to come to terms with is this is America foreigners are allowed to come here

Illegal immigrants can’t vote but have to pay taxes. They are not counted whenever they tally California residents.

It’s not a surprise that foreigners would want to come to California and only legal ones are counted in the census

Who said illegal.  who said anything about not being able to come here.

you either lack comprehension or have a script your goanna puke no matter what.

Integrity is hard to get, easy to lose.

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Who said illegal.  who said anything about not being able to come here.

you either lack comprehension or have a script your goanna puke no matter what.

Integrity is hard to get, easy to lose.

Well, when you asked if they were being replaced by foreigners the first thing that I thought was that you meant illegal immigrants if you did not mean that I apologize

California is very diverse, so yes we have a lot of foreigners. Here are universities are extremely diverse with all of the students that come over to study here for example

That’s why I think it’s an extremely blue state

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

https://news.yahoo.com/one-family-pocketed-7-6-221318711.html

What is the purpose of the deposit? I thought it was ensure that the cans were recycled, if not then it is simply another tax. When I lived in NY I saw a study that showed the recycling done in areas with deposits was no better than those without deposits, at that point I knew it was just a tax.

• 2 weeks later...

Go On, Gavin, Don’t Be Afraid — Debate DeSantis

“Boy, a few dark clouds appear on your horizon and you just go all to pieces.” – Butch to Sundance in “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.”

Some months ago, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said he would be “all in” on a debate with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. DeSantis later accepted. Now some are wondering if Newsom’s offer was sincere because it looks as if he wants to avoid the verbal sparring. Which makes sense: Newsom probably knows he can’t take the heat.

Newsom was fast-tracked for political stardom through his connections to San Francisco wealth and power. He was groomed and polished by the Gettys, the Pritzkers and the Fishers, not only in politics but in business, where he was set up not to fail.

But on his way to the governor’s mansion in Sacramento, which took him through the San Francisco mayor’s and the lieutenant governor’s offices, he never faced a capable political opponent in an election or debate. His path to the next political office was always clear of anything that might slow him or cause him even the slightest adversity. It has always been Blue sailing for him in California.

When Newsom did run into a minor storm, he crumbled. In what’s been called his “damn” interview in August 2021 with editorial and opinion writers from McClatchy’s California newspapers, the governor, about a month before he survived a failed recall, reacted to not-at-all-hostile questions by uttering “damn” nine times, and slamming “his desk with his hand and fist 59 times,” the California Globe Reported.

A YouTuber who posted the video online called Newsom’s reactions “a whiny self-pitying recall rage rant.” Larry Elder, who ran for governor in the recall election, tweeted that Newsom had morphed “into Captain Queeg.”

When DeSantis confronts Newsom with hard questions, and indisputable facts, how is he going to hold it together? How does he explain that people are fleeing from California and to Florida without losing his cool?

Furthermore, how would he defend his record, without becoming flustered, when he is asked why his state:

• Lost population for the first time in its history while he was governor?
  • Has lost population for three straight years?
  • Has entered a period of economic sclerosis while the Florida economy is the best in the country?
  • Is losing businesses at an alarming rate?
  • Has a homelessness problem that is entirely out of control?
  • Has two failing major cities?
  • Has the highest gasoline prices in the country while Florida’s are roughly the same as the U.S. average?

As author and university professor Joel Kotkin recently wrote, Newsom is the president nobody needs. The California governor would do the public a great service by demonstrating that as soon as possible by debating DeSantis.

https://issuesinsights.com/2023/08/09/go-on-gavin-dont-be-afraid-debate-desantis/

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Go On, Gavin, Don’t Be Afraid — Debate DeSantis

“Boy, a few dark clouds appear on your horizon and you just go all to pieces.” – Butch to Sundance in “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.”

Some months ago, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said he would be “all in” on a debate with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. DeSantis later accepted. Now some are wondering if Newsom’s offer was sincere because it looks as if he wants to avoid the verbal sparring. Which makes sense: Newsom probably knows he can’t take the heat.

Newsom was fast-tracked for political stardom through his connections to San Francisco wealth and power. He was groomed and polished by the Gettys, the Pritzkers and the Fishers, not only in politics but in business, where he was set up not to fail.

But on his way to the governor’s mansion in Sacramento, which took him through the San Francisco mayor’s and the lieutenant governor’s offices, he never faced a capable political opponent in an election or debate. His path to the next political office was always clear of anything that might slow him or cause him even the slightest adversity. It has always been Blue sailing for him in California.

When Newsom did run into a minor storm, he crumbled. In what’s been called his “damn” interview in August 2021 with editorial and opinion writers from McClatchy’s California newspapers, the governor, about a month before he survived a failed recall, reacted to not-at-all-hostile questions by uttering “damn” nine times, and slamming “his desk with his hand and fist 59 times,” the California Globe Reported.

A YouTuber who posted the video online called Newsom’s reactions “a whiny self-pitying recall rage rant.” Larry Elder, who ran for governor in the recall election, tweeted that Newsom had morphed “into Captain Queeg.”

When DeSantis confronts Newsom with hard questions, and indisputable facts, how is he going to hold it together? How does he explain that people are fleeing from California and to Florida without losing his cool?

Furthermore, how would he defend his record, without becoming flustered, when he is asked why his state:

• Lost population for the first time in its history while he was governor?
  • Has lost population for three straight years?
  • Has entered a period of economic sclerosis while the Florida economy is the best in the country?
  • Is losing businesses at an alarming rate?
  • Has a homelessness problem that is entirely out of control?
  • Has two failing major cities?
  • Has the highest gasoline prices in the country while Florida’s are roughly the same as the U.S. average?

As author and university professor Joel Kotkin recently wrote, Newsom is the president nobody needs. The California governor would do the public a great service by demonstrating that as soon as possible by debating DeSantis.

https://issuesinsights.com/2023/08/09/go-on-gavin-dont-be-afraid-debate-desantis/

I know this would never happen, but CA needs to vote Republican. Democrat policies are destroying that state. Look at SF as the perfect example. Again, it will never happen, but it should.

A Very Bad Week for Civilization in California. 

“Dear Californians: It ain’t rocket science figuring out what’s happening in your beautiful state.

This is a direct result of lax enforcement of the law and a reluctance of prosecutors and district attorneys to uphold the basic values of civilization.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/08/13/a-very-bad-week-for-civilization-in-california-n1718824

Actually, it was an average week for California — worse than last week, better than next week.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

A Very Bad Week for Civilization in California. 

“Dear Californians: It ain’t rocket science figuring out what’s happening in your beautiful state.

This is a direct result of lax enforcement of the law and a reluctance of prosecutors and district attorneys to uphold the basic values of civilization.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/08/13/a-very-bad-week-for-civilization-in-california-n1718824

Actually, it was an average week for California — worse than last week, better than next week.

Must still be the George Floyd thing. 👍

On 8/9/2023 at 8:11 AM, Gregg said:

I know this would never happen, but CA needs to vote Republican. Democrat policies are destroying that state. Look at SF as the perfect example. Again, it will never happen, but it should.

What are you talking about? We’ve had republican governors before Newsom.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:55 AM, Beast said:

Must still be the George Floyd thing. 👍

As much as you like to ***** on California, it still has all of the makings of its own country compared to your ***** little state and we are paying for your taxes over here

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

As much as you like to ***** on California, it still has all of the makings of its own country compared to your ***** little state and we are paying for your taxes over here

And keeps driving out tax payers.  It's eclipsed it's peak. 

On 8/9/2023 at 11:11 AM, Gregg said:

It’s fine. They have the best weather so otherwise being a dumpster fire to point to as the example of what not to do it’s helpful to the rest of us. 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:37 AM, John from Riverside said:

The federal government gave CA $120 billion in federal aide last year, way more than any other country.

Embarrassing dependence for an ‘own country’

WARNING: Here's why top insurers are fleeing

By Editorial Board of Las Vegas Review-Journal Las Vegas Review-Journal/(TNS)

Published Sept. 5, 2023

Make price controls strict enough, and eventually they'll produce shortages. California homeowners are learning that the hard way.

State Farm is the largest homeowners insurance company in California. In May, it announced that it won't be accepting applications for new policies. That's odd. Companies with a dominant market position don't usually walk away. But now, State Farm looks like a trendsetter.

Farmer's Insurance, the second-biggest player, is limiting how many new homeowners policies it issues. Allstate, ranked No. 4, has stopped selling. It's hard to keep up with the exodus. AmGUARD Insurance, connected to Berkshire Hathaway, is out. Berkshire Hathaway had the third most market share in 2022. Liberty Mutual, No. 5 on that list, will not renew business owner policies at the end of this year.

It shouldn't be hard to understand why this is happening. Something is preventing these companies from making money. Things are so dire that they believe it will be more profitable to walk away from the market share they've spent years and oodles of money developing.

That "something" isn't hard to find. In 1988, California voters passed Proposition 103. If insurance companies request rate rates of 7 percent or more, "public interest" groups can delay or even stop the approval process.

In most circumstances, that's an annoyance, not a deal breaker. But Bidenomics pushed inflation to 7 percent in 2021 and 6.5 percent in 2022, driving up costs. Claims have gone up, too. Progressives point to global warming, but there's much more to it, including government inaction and interventions in the marketplace by meddling Sacramento politicians.

https://jewishworldreview.com/0923/insurers_fleeing.php3

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

gaving-830x415.jpg

CA Gov Newsom Lowers Consent Age to 12
for ‘Gender Counseling’ Without Parents ‘OK’.

by Jake Welch

Democratic California Governor Gavin Newsom has signed a bill into law that permits children as young as 12 to reside in government-funded “residential shelter services” to undergo mental health treatment or counseling for their gender identity without parental consent or even being informed by doctors.

(snip)

California lawmakers justify this imposition into parental authority by claiming children identifying as LGBT often face parental rejection, harassment in school, or wider societal stigma, therefore, “obtaining parental consent for a youth who needs support is complicated by the parent or caretakers’ beliefs and stigma about mental health care.”

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/10/09/ca-gov-newsom-lowers-consent-age-to-12-for-gender-counseling-without-parents-ok/

On 9/5/2023 at 9:57 AM, B-Man said:

Published Sept. 5, 2023

Make price controls strict enough, and eventually they'll produce shortages. California homeowners are learning that the hard way.

State Farm is the largest homeowners insurance company in California. In May, it announced that it won't be accepting applications for new policies. That's odd. Companies with a dominant market position don't usually walk away. But now, State Farm looks like a trendsetter.

Farmer's Insurance, the second-biggest player, is limiting how many new homeowners policies it issues. Allstate, ranked No. 4, has stopped selling. It's hard to keep up with the exodus. AmGUARD Insurance, connected to Berkshire Hathaway, is out. Berkshire Hathaway had the third most market share in 2022. Liberty Mutual, No. 5 on that list, will not renew business owner policies at the end of this year.

It shouldn't be hard to understand why this is happening. Something is preventing these companies from making money. Things are so dire that they believe it will be more profitable to walk away from the market share they've spent years and oodles of money developing.

That "something" isn't hard to find. In 1988, California voters passed Proposition 103. If insurance companies request rate rates of 7 percent or more, "public interest" groups can delay or even stop the approval process.

In most circumstances, that's an annoyance, not a deal breaker. But Bidenomics pushed inflation to 7 percent in 2021 and 6.5 percent in 2022, driving up costs. Claims have gone up, too. Progressives point to global warming, but there's much more to it, including government inaction and interventions in the marketplace by meddling Sacramento politicians.

That’s interesting I thought that the insurance companies were leaving Florida

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

gaving-830x415.jpg

CA Gov Newsom Lowers Consent Age to 12
for ‘Gender Counseling’ Without Parents ‘OK’.

by Jake Welch

Democratic California Governor Gavin Newsom has signed a bill into law that permits children as young as 12 to reside in government-funded “residential shelter services” to undergo mental health treatment or counseling for their gender identity without parental consent or even being informed by doctors.

(snip)

California lawmakers justify this imposition into parental authority by claiming children identifying as LGBT often face parental rejection, harassment in school, or wider societal stigma, therefore, “obtaining parental consent for a youth who needs support is complicated by the parent or caretakers’ beliefs and stigma about mental health care.”

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/10/09/ca-gov-newsom-lowers-consent-age-to-12-for-gender-counseling-without-parents-ok/

For the record, I don’t agree with us. I think that it should be seeing a physician psychologist until of legal age 12 is too young.

California Goes Full Segregationist With Alert System Just for Missing Black Children.

I’v never heard of anyone getting an Amber Alert and wondering what race the missing child was. Yet for some reason, California saw a problem that didn’t exist and addressed it. On Sunday, Gov. Gavin Newsom signed Senate Bill 673 into law, which makes California the state to create a missing child alert system specifically for missing black children.

{snip}

Does anyone else see a problem with this? If there was any such racial disparity with the existing Amber Alert system in California, why not fix it, instead of creating what sounds like an entirely separate system that deliberately treats children of different races differently? Perhaps I’m reading the language wrong, but this doesn’t appear to be a loosening of Amber Alert requirements to ensure that missing black children aren’t being excluded, but an entirely separate system with race-based requirements.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/10/11/california-goes-full-segregationist-with-alert-system-just-for-missing-black-children-n1734160

On 9/5/2023 at 9:57 AM, B-Man said:

Published Sept. 5, 2023

Sure they can build staff, and operate mental health hospitals for 12 year olds confused about their gender identity.  meanwhile they can't do anything for the 150,000+ homeless people, many of which need mental health services too.

Privilege.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...