California (again)

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We notice it even more when it's such a beautiful city, but the Left and their policies have caused the ruination of many of our cities. 

On the other hand, I hear Gary's new recording of "I Left My Deuce In San Francisco" is climbing to #1 in the MoveOn.Org Top 10 Progressive Hits.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

The wife said we should bring plastic bags to put on our feet.  Our first year there she got deathly ill.  Fluid in her lungs and around her heart.  They were never able to figure out what it was or what causes it.  The filth in the city and taking public transportation was the likely suspect. 

..Jesus.....infection in fluid sac around the heart is called pericarditis.....it can either be bacterial or viral.....bacterial can be treated with antibiotics but viral cannot......it can mimic a heart attack as the inflammation puts pressure on the heart......sure hope the trip turns out ok.....

4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

My business partner did work up there at Airbnb  HQ recently on Brannan in the Design District, and couldn't believe how so much of the area smelled like piss.

It's nice to see they locals are moving indoors to take a dump.

Granted, by indoors I mean in Aisle 7 of the local Safeway, but still...

You notice how Tibs never talks about how badly the left has wrecked that beautiful city? Probably blames capitalism.

When I lived in CA, I would occasionally have to go into the city for work.Would get there early (about 8:30 AM. Would get the view of store keepers washing the urine off the sidewalks.  "Ah, it's spingtime and the smell of urine is in the air".

The escalator down to the BART station nearest city hall stopped  running one day. When they opened it up to repair it they found it caked full of feces.

8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

My business partner did work up there at Airbnb  HQ recently on Brannan in the Design District, and couldn't believe how so much of the area smelled like piss.

You notice how Tibs never talks about how badly the left has wrecked that beautiful city? Probably blames capitalism.

I lived in a loft in the design district for a couple years. Great place! And it was fun to live there. And you know what?  I grew up in the boonies of WNY and it smelled like poop and piss all the time too. ?

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..Jesus.....infection in fluid sac around the heart is called pericarditis.....it can either be bacterial or viral.....bacterial can be treated with antibiotics but viral cannot......it can mimic a heart attack as the inflammation puts pressure on the heart......sure hope the trip turns out ok.....

They were never able to determine if it was bacterial or viral. She was sick for three months. They drained her lungs twice. The second time there drained a liter and she got better. Weird. 

8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It was aisle 10.  Aisle 7 was perfectly fine.

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It was aisle 10.  Aisle 7 was perfectly fine.

Well, yeah, that aisle is the ladies room.  Rumor has it, they normally stay nicer than the mens room.

Not sure which aisle is the any gender you choose today restroom.  Maybe aisle 8?

37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, yeah, that aisle is the ladies room.  Rumor has it, they normally stay nicer than the mens room.

Not sure which aisle is the any gender you choose today restroom.  Maybe aisle 8?

Try the woods between ECC and New Era Field. That was the first All Genders Overflow Area way back when it was Rich Stadium.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Try the woods between ECC and New Era Field. That was the first All Genders Overflow Area way back when it was Rich Stadium.

If the homeless in SF had the means and the gumption to make it to NEF they'd probably be able to afford a studio appt. outside the city limits.  Could maybe even afford TP, though that might not fit with the bohemian lifestyle.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

If the homeless in SF had the means and the gumption to make it to NEF they'd probably be able to afford a studio appt. outside the city limits.  Could maybe even afford TP, though that might not fit with the bohemian lifestyle.

I'd like to see what would happen in North Tonawanda the moment a homeless person took a dump in the aisle at Wegmans.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/18/2019 at 11:55 AM, IDBillzFan said:

Well if you knew the history of SF you'd know it has pretty much always had a very seedy side.  All the ugliness aside it was a very cool place to live.  I'm glad I'm no longer there but I'm also glad I got to experience it. 

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well if you knew the history of SF you'd know it has pretty much always had a very seedy side.  All the ugliness aside it was a very cool place to live.  I'm glad I'm no longer there but I'm also glad I got to experience it. 

I never got to live there, but I spent a lot of time there when I lived in Santa Clara because one of my friends lived there. It was also in my sales territory for 10 years, and one of my sales reps took me in to meet clients every few weeks so I got an up close look at the best the city has to offer when we took clients out for lunch and dinner. In fact, I was always grateful my sales guy drove me around because I had such a hard time navigating the roads.

We were leaving an appointment at Berkeley and about to head back to the airport when I had to let him go. 

The conversation was something like:

"You're letting me go?"

"Yes."

"Does that mean I can leave you hear in Berkeley and not take you to the airport?"

"Not if you want your last commission check."

SFO has it's issues, but Berkeley used to be a true schitthole.

HUD estimates 2.7 percent rise in U.S. homelessness due to California housing crisis

Secretary Ben Carson said that if it weren't for the state's 16.4 percent increase in 2019, the U.S. would have experienced a decrease.

An estimate of annual homelessness in the U.S. released Friday by the federal government shows that the number of people living on the streets increased 2.7 percent this year over last because of crisis-level housing issues in California.

The nation's most populous state experienced a 16.4 percent increase in homelessness in 2019, the report by the Department of Housing and Urban Development said, even though voters approved a $4 billion affordable housing bond more than a year ago, and Los Angeles passed its own $1.2 billion housing bond in 2016.

L.A. has been slow to spend its money on shelters because of neighborhood opposition, and the state's largest coastal cities have long experienced housing prices and rents that exceed the budgets of many families. In November, San Francisco voters approved $600 million in bonds for affordable housing.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

HUD estimates 2.7 percent rise in U.S. homelessness due to California housing crisis

Secretary Ben Carson said that if it weren't for the state's 16.4 percent increase in 2019, the U.S. would have experienced a decrease.

An estimate of annual homelessness in the U.S. released Friday by the federal government shows that the number of people living on the streets increased 2.7 percent this year over last because of crisis-level housing issues in California.

The nation's most populous state experienced a 16.4 percent increase in homelessness in 2019, the report by the Department of Housing and Urban Development said, even though voters approved a $4 billion affordable housing bond more than a year ago, and Los Angeles passed its own $1.2 billion housing bond in 2016.

L.A. has been slow to spend its money on shelters because of neighborhood opposition, and the state's largest coastal cities have long experienced housing prices and rents that exceed the budgets of many families. In November, San Francisco voters approved $600 million in bonds for affordable housing.

</snip>

They can try to fight the symptoms all they want but California is ill equipped to handle this crisis. They need to get to the root of homelessness and won't be able to do that until they take a strong look at their regulations and find a way to increase their fresh water supply. Maybe that 4 billion could be put to better use in desalination plants? 

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

They can try to fight the symptoms all they want but California is ill equipped to handle this crisis. They need to get to the root of homelessness and won't be able to do that until they take a strong look at their regulations and find a way to increase their fresh water supply. Maybe that 4 billion could be put to better use in desalination plants? 

...donate it to North Korea for target practice........plus they can scrap the needles for their economy and use the feces for their crops......."good faith" gesture IMO....