NFL Sunday Ticket

9 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Right so I got 10 bucks off per month.  That's not bad for 4 plus games a week.  How much are seats at the stadium? How much would it cost per game at a bar? 

I dont mind paying under 40 bucks a month to have every game in my living room.  I ask for a discount every year and so long as it's under 40 I'm cool with it.  JMO. 

That's fine....didn't mean to come off as critical...just that there are better deals out there

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, coastalpika said:

What reallky sucks is directvnow users are not able to purchase NFL Sunday ticket...

Why not?  I did it last year, and renewed again for this year.  Had the dish for many many years before going this route.  Early adopters of DirecTV Now got a locked in (supposedly) discounted rate.  Go to their Sunday Ticket streaming site and sign up for that.  Works flawlessly on Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV.  Got me out of the monthly DirecTV bills well over $100 per month just so I could get Sunday Ticket.  Probably saves me about $1,000 a year.  And I don't have to go scrounging around for the game on the interwebs, though I will research that further next season, as some have indicated there seem to be reliable sites, but I don't want to risk it.

16 hours ago, coastalpika said:

Cancelled my satellite service yesterday to switch to Directvnow.   I was expecting them to offer something to keep me on satellite but they only offerred $10 off for 12 months.  Their rep on the phone was absolutely clueless.

What reallky sucks is directvnow users are not able to purchase NFL Sunday ticket...

11 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Why not?  I did it last year, and renewed again for this year.  Had the dish for many many years before going this route.  Early adopters of DirecTV Now got a locked in (supposedly) discounted rate.  Go to their Sunday Ticket streaming site and sign up for that.  Works flawlessly on Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV.  Got me out of the monthly DirecTV bills well over $100 per month just so I could get Sunday Ticket.  Probably saves me about $1,000 a year.  And I don't have to go scrounging around for the game on the interwebs, though I will research that further next season, as some have indicated there seem to be reliable sites, but I don't want to risk it.

Is NFL SUNDAY TICKET available with DIRECTV NOW?

At this time, NFL SUNDAY TICKET isn't available as a premium option for DIRECTV NOW.

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/213278283-Is-NFL-SUNDAY-TICKET-available-with-DIRECTV-NOW-

29 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Is NFL SUNDAY TICKET available with DIRECTV NOW?

At this time, NFL SUNDAY TICKET isn't available as a premium option for DIRECTV NOW.

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/213278283-Is-NFL-SUNDAY-TICKET-available-with-DIRECTV-NOW-

No, it's a completely separate offering outside of the DirecTV Now service.  You can have both DirecTV Now, and Sunday Ticket streaming, just using different apps.  Used to be they wouldn't allow you to get the streaming Sunday Ticket unless you couldn't get the satellite dish service, but seems like they've loosened up that restriction quite a bit.

GamePass International Version and a VPN to spoof location has always been the best option for me. Usually around $100 a season I believe and you get everything, including NFL Network and Primetime games. I did Reddit exclusively last year because the quality was so good, but will renew GamePass if the quality ever falters. 

For you students who can take advantage of the domestic Sunday Ticket deal, use PROMO CODE BACKTOSCHOOL and you will get it for $80 instead of $100

Edited by Fetou

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Has anyone gotten the ticket with the Amazon Firestick? I might go that route this year. 

Yes, assuming you're eligible, then you just need to download the Sunday Ticket app to the stick and sign in.  I've had it for the last several years, and its evolved into a pretty flawless high quality stream.  They usually have a few hiccups week 1, but it's reliable.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, May Day 10 said:

I tried my call in the Spring (when my bill went up drastically for less service) and I was pretty much stonewalled even when I went off the cliff to cancel.  They were happy to cancel my account.  I have been with them since 2007.  I spoke to two reps in 2 different calls and each of them offered me $10 off my bill for a year and free HBO for 6 months.  I cancelled, but walked it back as I wasn't prepared to go to Spectrum (who is even worse).  It was the first time they failed to even attempt retention and to make me happy.  

Now my HBO is going to run out and I am going to try again.  If I cant get a better deal (I dont even care about ST), Im cancelling for real

AT&T sucks

Holy crap they are the worst. Been with them for 10 years now and since they went to At&t they will give you nothing, not even what you should be getting. I am actually not even trying thios year to get the ticket from them at a discounted rate due to my frustration with them. Im just cancelling at the end of my contract and getting a cracked Fire stick which gets the ticket from what I hear

15 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Has anyone gotten the ticket with the Amazon Firestick? I might go that route this year. 

I have not but that's my plan for it and I hear u can get all the games just not sure about the redzone channel on it

15 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

My understanding is that there are some <ahem> "methods" to add programming to a Firestick that allow one to search streams without a Sunday Ticket subscription.  I can neither confirm nor deny such reports, but I did purchase a Fire TV for $37 on Prime day.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

So I called customer retention yesterday.  Currently, I get $40 off a month as a standard discount.  They could only give me $30 off a month, and $99 off Sunday Ticket Max.  I paid $99 TOTAL for ST Max last year.  I said "no thanks, not good enough."  The rep said to call back closer to when my contract expires, which is August 10th.  She said they hate to lose long-term customers such as myself (18 years).  

So, I'll do the song and dance on the 10th.  If I don't get the same discounts, for DTV and ST, it's adios DTV.  I've got too many cheaper options, especially since we have Verizon FIOS for internet and phone...they would love to add TV at a discount, we get flyers in the mail every other day.  Streaming is an option also, cut the cord all together.  I'll surely miss ST, but the price is too outrageous.

That's the absolute latest. 

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

So I called customer retention yesterday.  Currently, I get $40 off a month as a standard discount.  They could only give me $30 off a month, and $99 off Sunday Ticket Max.  I paid $99 TOTAL for ST Max last year.  I said "no thanks, not good enough."  The rep said to call back closer to when my contract expires, which is August 10th.  She said they hate to lose long-term customers such as myself (18 years).  

So, I'll do the song and dance on the 10th.  If I don't get the same discounts, for DTV and ST, it's adios DTV.  I've got too many cheaper options, especially since we have Verizon FIOS for internet and phone...they would love to add TV at a discount, we get flyers in the mail every other day.  Streaming is an option also, cut the cord all together.  I'll surely miss ST, but the price is too outrageous.

That's the absolute latest. 

Yes it is

My current discounts (negotiated last summer) expire in August so I'll make my call in a couple of weeks.  Last year AT&T gave me $30 off for 12 months and some other stuff so ST Max was essentially free.  I'll be fine with something similar.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2018 at 3:30 PM, Virgil said:

It's great on my Xbox One, crap on my PS4.

That's cause the Xboot was made for TV not games... something that people like myself actually bought that console for...games.

6 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

That's cause the Xboot was made for TV not games... something that people like myself actually bought that console for...games.

It plays my games just fine.  And I can watch 4K movies on it. 

4 hours ago, eball said:

My current discounts (negotiated last summer) expire in August so I'll make my call in a couple of weeks.  Last year AT&T gave me $30 off for 12 months and some other stuff so ST Max was essentially free.  I'll be fine with something similar.

This goes for me as well.  Not sure how I got on the "August cycle" but I think it's a nice time to have your credits end, just as the new season is starting up.   

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

This goes for me as well.  Not sure how I got on the "August cycle" but I think it's a nice time to have your credits end, just as the new season is starting up.   

Yup.  And I actually like AT&T's acquisition of DTV because I do my wireless and fiber through them as well, so I'm getting a bunch of other discounts automatically.  My bills have actually gone down.

On 6/2/2018 at 11:58 AM, astb41 said:

I've done this exact thing the last two seasons and its been great!  Using on my Apple TV.  Sometimes there's little buggy things that happen but for me its worth dealing with to save the money.

HOWEVER - I had my signal freeze in week 17 as the Bengals walked to the line of scrimmage on the 4th down play that sent the Bills to the playoffs and by the time I was able to restart the app the Ravens had the ball back and I missed the biggest play to happen to the bills in 17 years.

Smoking man revenge

Just got off the phone with customer retention- super nice lady. Her first offer was $55 monthly discount for 12 months- NFL  Max is $65.99 for 6 months. I still have 2 more months of $40 discounts left. So that's great. I said, since it never hurts to ask, any movie channel offers? I got 6 months of HBO and Cinemax free and 4 months of Showtime for free. I'm pretty happy with that.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Just got off the phone with customer retention- super nice lady. Her first offer was $55 monthly discount for 12 months- NFL  Max is $65.99 for 6 months. I still have 2 more months of $40 discounts left. So that's great. I said, since it never hurts to ask, any movie channel offers? I got 6 months of HBO and Cinemax free and 4 months of Showtime for free. I'm pretty happy with that.

How did you get to customer retention? Did you threaten to cancel? Just trying to plan my call...

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How did you get to customer retention? Did you threaten to cancel? Just trying to plan my call...

During the initial automated prompts, they asked for the purpose of the call , I said customer service, they asked why- programming change. When I got to a live person I asked for customer retention- they might try to help you there, but they have nothing to offer, I listened politely and just said, can i please speak with customer retention. Once I got to retention, I asked what offers for NFL Max - they don't waste much time and her first offer was great, I got greedy and asked for movies and it was no problem. I'm usually nervous about this, but have gotten more comfortable over the years. Ask for what you want and you'll likely get it.

• Like (+1) 1

Ugh, the guy who i spoke with was a tool.  I even asked to be transferred to customer retention, and he was like "there's no point in transferring you, no other person can offer anything differently than I can".  So after saying i will need to drop the NFL Ticket since it's too expensive he was like OK- i can do that right now.  (I'm a 20-year subscriber but he didn't acknowledge that).   Before he cancelled me, i made a last ditch attempt and asked if there were any loyalty discounts?  He said he could offer me $50/mo for 12 months.  I happily accepted that to get off the phone w him. But still paying $65.99 for 6 months for NFL.  I will call back and hope to get a nicer person, which i think is the key to the whole thing.  

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Ugh, the guy who i spoke with was a tool.  I even asked to be transferred to customer retention, and he was like "there's no point in transferring you, no other person can offer anything differently than I can".  So after saying i will need to drop the NFL Ticket since it's too expensive he was like OK- i can do that right now.  (I'm a 20-year subscriber but he didn't acknowledge that).   Before he cancelled me, i made a last ditch attempt and asked if there were any loyalty discounts?  He said he could offer me $50/mo for 12 months.  I happily accepted that to get off the phone w him. But still paying $65.99 for 6 months for NFL.  I will call back and hope to get a nicer person, which i think is the key to the whole thing.  

Umm, dude, I don't think your math skills are up to par.  You just saved $600 and are paying $396 -- you made $204.  That's how this works.

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Umm, dude, I don't think your math skills are up to par.  You just saved $600 and are paying $396 -- you made $204.  That's how this works.

The discounts on my bill have been rolling over for at least 5 years now, which I appreciate, but doesn't lower the price of NFL.   So my bill for the next 6 months is still $65 higher than it is now.  I got ST Max last year for $99.  That would make me a happy customer again.  But it seems like that is no longer an option w AT&T.  It's possible calling back in mid-August will open up more discounts, we'll see.  

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Looking to do even more math, with the $50 off/month for 12 months that is a $10 increase in the credits I'm currently receiving ($40/month).  With that deal, I would save $120/year. That would certainly be welcome. 

However, while paying full boat for ST Max at $396, putting the $120/year savings toward that, I'm still paying $276 for ST Max...much more than the $99 I paid last year.

Seems like they're really trying to get people to pay full boat for ST, while trying to find discounts elsewhere.  Oh, and F the "free" movie channels, they don't appeal to me at all; every time we get a free weekend preview, I'm never tempted to buy, but thankful I don't subscribe to see the garbage they're shoveling.

Edited by Ned Flanders

On 7/25/2018 at 9:24 PM, Ned Flanders said:

This is what came up:

"Sorry, your address is not eligible."

My buddy had this problem last year and we found a work around that actually worked. Basically, when you sign up for directv you have to get clearance from your landlord, super, etc. My buddy was actually allowed to get directv in his building but told the company that his landlord refused to allow him to get directv. So they allowed him to sign up for the Sunday Ticket Online, even though his address was not eligible. 

Basically say you would like to sign up for directv but your landlord won't allow it...they won't know if you are a home owner or not. Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck. 

On 7/26/2018 at 10:45 AM, nucci said:

Yes it is

I always do the negotiate thing to minimize it because  you can but what makes you say $300 or $400 is that ridiculous of a price ?  Go to one game and it will cost you that everything included.  Go to a bar and you will pay more than that over the season.  Where they really get me is having to be  DTV customer, if it were not for the ticket I would drop TV service altogether.  Although the wife would have to be convinced first :)

I suppose when  you consider you can steal it for free it seems ridiculous.  I decided I will not partake in stealing it even though I know how to do it.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:05 PM, nucci said:

The $17/6 months is the difference in cost between Basic and Max.  Doubtful you're getting whole package for $102 without calling...or else we all would

Odd, last night they finally sent me the chat log via email.   I am pretty sure the guy I was chatting with was wrong but if you read the chat it is crystal clear he told me I get everything for $102.  I clarified a bunch of times.  It will be interesting to see if there are issues when the season starts but I have the chat logs and I am confident they will stand by it.

FWIW a radio host was saying he let them disconnect his DirectTV service as he was sick of paying for it. After the service had been disconnected they kept sending him a bill with a zero balance. He called to ask why he was still recieving a bill and they rolled over and gave him a much better deal so that he would return. 

Might help someone that has had it out with them. Good luck.

14 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I always do the negotiate thing to minimize it because  you can but what makes you say $300 or $400 is that ridiculous of a price ?  Go to one game and it will cost you that everything included.  Go to a bar and you will pay more than that over the season.  Where they really get me is having to be  DTV customer, if it were not for the ticket I would drop TV service altogether.  Although the wife would have to be convinced first :)

I suppose when  you consider you can steal it for free it seems ridiculous.  I decided I will not partake in stealing it even though I know how to do it.

Odd, last night they finally sent me the chat log via email.   I am pretty sure the guy I was chatting with was wrong but if you read the chat it is crystal clear he told me I get everything for $102.  I clarified a bunch of times.  It will be interesting to see if there are issues when the season starts but I have the chat logs and I am confident they will stand by it.

I hope so...that would be great.....

I've been thinking about getting NFL Game Pass from Europe.  You need to install a VPN on a computer and connect to a VPN node in Europe then log into NFL.COM and order the game pass from there.  It costs the same as NFL Sunday Ticket but would give me live streaming from anywhere I have a network connection as well as all of the extras NFL Game Pass gives you.  Not sure if this is the way I really want to go though... but I think the live streaming + replay any game and coaches film is the future... not being tethered to my directv bill.

Started off with chat on directv.com and  was saying when contract was up and looking to go elsewhere.  I was told I could get 30 dollars off for 12 months with 15 off Sunday Ticket for 6 months. With a 12 month contract as well.  Then asked to speak to loyalty was given a number and pin and called.  I called and was offered, 60 dollars off each month for the next 12 months.   No contract.  So I took the offer, she said weren't doing as many NFL offers, but just money off per month as a loyalty discount.  Also was able to get 6 months free of Cinemax and Sports Pack. 

Edited by boco357
  • Like (+1) 1

It seems to me there has been a shift with AT&T/DirecTV whereby they do not want to give the impression (to the NFL?) that they are reducing the price of Sunday Ticket, hence the "loyalty discounts" on the bill rather than giving ST away for free or at a deep discount.  Really six of one, half dozen of the other as far as I'm concerned.  I'm going to get on the phone now and I'll report back with what they offer me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

It seems to me there has been a shift with AT&T/DirecTV whereby they do not want to give the impression (to the NFL?) that they are reducing the price of Sunday Ticket, hence the "loyalty discounts" on the bill rather than giving ST away for free or at a deep discount.  Really six of one, half dozen of the other as far as I'm concerned.  I'm going to get on the phone now and I'll report back with what they offer me.

This is how it went for me last year.  I got like $45 off my bill for 12 months, and HBO ($12/month) free for a year.  With no renewed contract.  I was happy.  I have yet to make my annual call.  Gotta get on that.