NFL Sunday Ticket

31 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I just logged onto my account and went to my programming.  There was an offer for Sunday ticket max for $17/6 months.   Total $102 which includes red zone....sold!  No chat no phone call.

make sure that is total cost and not just savings....I was told I could save $17 per month for 6 months.....you should confirm

On 6/2/2018 at 2:26 PM, whatdrought said:

Just found out that due to my student status, I can get sunday ticket for $100 for the whole season via internet streaming.

As a out of state bills fan, this seems like a great deal, but am wondering if you guys are familiar and know it to be worth it? 

My current way of watching is to watch via an EU site that is decent, but has questionable quality and sometimes does not work. 

Thoughts?

My son has it and we share it. It works great for us.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I just logged onto my account and went to my programming.  There was an offer for Sunday ticket max for $17/6 months.   Total $102 which includes red zone....sold!  No chat no phone call.

The $17/6 months is the difference in cost between Basic and Max.  Doubtful you're getting whole package for $102 without calling...or else we all would

Edited by nucci

1 hour ago, nucci said:

make sure that is total cost and not just savings....I was told I could save $17 per month for 6 months.....you should confirm

I did confirm....through chat.

54 minutes ago, nucci said:

The $17/6 months is the difference in cost between Basic and Max.  Doubtful you're getting whole package for $102 without calling...or else we all would

I actually thought that is what it was so I started a chat and was told that I had the sunday ticket max for all inclusive for $17 for 6 months.

50 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I actually thought that is what it was so I started a chat and was told that I had the sunday ticket max for all inclusive for $17 for 6 months.

Wow, good for you...I had to fight hard for what i got.

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

You lost me at “logged into my account”I’ve been trying to get into it all day and it keeps redirecting me, the login info is correct. Just trying to get to the “My Plan” area and it asks me to log in again. Keeps going in circles. Really annoying.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I used the chat feature as another poster had recommended. I’ll call in a couple weeks. They also told me I was only eligible for free nfl ticket my 1st year with directv (this is my 6th yr). I didn’t ask for it btw, i just asked if there were any promotions for it. I’ve gotten discounts in the past though. 

I've been DTV subscriber since 1996. I've probably paid for Ticket four times. Keep trying.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You lost me at “logged into my account”I’ve been trying to get into it all day and it keeps redirecting me, the login info is correct. Just trying to get to the “My Plan” area and it asks me to log in again. Keeps going in circles. Really annoying.

They know you're onto them.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I used the chat feature as another poster had recommended. I’ll call in a couple weeks. They also told me I was only eligible for free nfl ticket my 1st year with directv (this is my 6th yr). I didn’t ask for it btw, i just asked if there were any promotions for it. I’ve gotten discounts in the past though. 

Yolo.... I think I'm the other person, I was shocked when they gave me what I got with no fight. Guess u have to catch the right person

PSA DTV guys.... FREE HBO and Cinemax today through Monday!!!!!  Watching a classic, War of the Roses on520

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, mattynh said:

I tried the chat feature yesterday. I was told there weren't any promos for ST, and I was only offered discounts for premium channels. I guess I'll have to call and threaten to cancel.

19 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I tried the chat feature yesterday. I was told there weren't any promos for ST, and I was only offered discounts for premium channels. I guess I'll have to call and threaten to cancel.

No, just call and ask to be transferred to a customer loyalty rep...you threaten to cancel, they just might do it...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, nucci said:

No, just call and ask to be transferred to a customer loyalty rep...you threaten to cancel, they just might do it...

I'd be ok. The only reason for me to keep DTV is the Sunday Ticket. I can do without it and still watch my Bills. I just like having the entire package, mix channels, max etc.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, mattynh said:

I just went to my programming and it shows NFL Sunday Ticket 2018 at $0.00. What do you think - Am I missing something or will a "price" appear later? I also can add Max for $102. 

40 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I'd be ok. The only reason for me to keep DTV is the Sunday Ticket. I can do without it and still watch my Bills. I just like having the entire package, mix channels, max etc.

ahh, got it

7 hours ago, Saratoga Leo said:

I just went to my programming and it shows NFL Sunday Ticket 2018 at $0.00. What do you think - Am I missing something or will a "price" appear later? I also can add Max for $102. 

Shows the same on mine.  I think it just means that you're automatically renewed but they haven't started billing yet.

13 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Shows the same on mine.  I think it just means that you're automatically renewed but they haven't started billing yet.

That is the way it was on my account.  I signed up for the Ticket MAX upgrade without reading it through carefully.  I then realized that I was probably paying $102 just for the upgrade and chatted to confirm what I signed up for.  I started the chat by saying that I thought was I was paying $102 for the sunday ticket with max features and he said he understood and that after a lot of back and forth he confirmed in no uncertain terms that I was paying $102 for everything.   I chatted again a few minutes later with someone else and they said the same thing.   I am still not convinced they have it right.  I clicked the box to have the chat transcript sent to me but unfortunately I never got it.  I should have copied it as it was happening.

On 7/6/2018 at 11:56 AM, mattynh said:

I wouldn't count on it.  It wouldn't be the first time (or second, third, etc.) that a CSR has provided inaccurate information, or plain just doesn't know what they're talking about?   I'm willing to bet you're not getting the deal you think you're getting.  Please check back with us week 1 and let us know ?

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I wouldn't count on it.  It wouldn't be the first time (or second, third, etc.) that a CSR has provided inaccurate information, or plain just doesn't know what they're talking about?   I'm willing to bet you're not getting the deal you think you're getting.  Please check back with us week 1 and let us know ?

Week 2.....everything is free for every one week 1.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Week 2.....everything is free for every one week 1.

but you will see on your bills soon

3 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I've  had to call back numerous time because discounts were never put on my account after they were offered. 

Edited by nucci

Just tried the chat option.  Didn't get very far, offered me my current $40/month in credits but could only take a small portion off ST.  Person on the other end was helpful enough but said that's the best they could do.  Finished the chat by saying I'll contact them again at a later date.

5 hours ago, mattynh said:

That is the way it was on my account.  I signed up for the Ticket MAX upgrade without reading it through carefully.  I then realized that I was probably paying $102 just for the upgrade and chatted to confirm what I signed up for.  I started the chat by saying that I thought was I was paying $102 for the sunday ticket with max features and he said he understood and that after a lot of back and forth he confirmed in no uncertain terms that I was paying $102 for everything.   I chatted again a few minutes later with someone else and they said the same thing.   I am still not convinced they have it right.  I clicked the box to have the chat transcript sent to me but unfortunately I never got it.  I should have copied it as it was happening.

They can reference old chats, i've contacted regarding services that they did not turn on (free showtime), and they were able to look in the old chat to confirm that the prior person made the agreement. 

3 minutes ago, CBend said:

They can reference old chats, i've contacted regarding services that they did not turn on (free showtime), and they were able to look in the old chat to confirm that the prior person made the agreement. 

That is what I want cause I made my questions really clear.  I think they will stand by what was said based on past history.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:24 PM, John from Riverside said:

Had to majorly cut personal costs last year and dumped Direct TV.....I use firestick now.

Someone was nice enough to help me with a link so I could watch the games on my computer.....would like to be able to watch them on the Big Screen TV I just bought this year though.......

Thoughts?

Use a Chromecast or connect an HDMI cable between your computer and your TV (assuming your computer has an HDMI port.)

On 7/9/2018 at 3:53 PM, Ned Flanders said:

Just tried the chat option.  Didn't get very far, offered me my current $40/month in credits but could only take a small portion off ST.  Person on the other end was helpful enough but said that's the best they could do.  Finished the chat by saying I'll contact them again at a later date.

Same for me, Ned

Long time Directv and Sunday tix customer and the only discount offer through chat was Sunday Max for the same price as regular Sunday Ticket ($48.99/month) which is a savings of ~$16/month. I said no thanks right now.

Tried the chat option again and said without the ST discount, I'm seriously looking at Cox, Fios and the myriad of streaming options now available.

DTV chat person then gave me a special number (which I assume is customer retention) and a PIN to enter after I call that number. 

Plan on calling this weekend, so we'll see.

I tried my call in the Spring (when my bill went up drastically for less service) and I was pretty much stonewalled even when I went off the cliff to cancel.  They were happy to cancel my account.  I have been with them since 2007.  I spoke to two reps in 2 different calls and each of them offered me $10 off my bill for a year and free HBO for 6 months.  I cancelled, but walked it back as I wasn't prepared to go to Spectrum (who is even worse).  It was the first time they failed to even attempt retention and to make me happy.  

Now my HBO is going to run out and I am going to try again.  If I cant get a better deal (I dont even care about ST), Im cancelling for real

AT&T sucks

• Like (+1) 1

Simple.  When the robot lady asks you about the purpose of your call say “cancel service.”  That will get you directly to customer retention.  Be kind and respectful (can’t hurt to come up with some sort of sob story), and you will typically get discounts equivalent to the cost of ST and a little more.  

I never find it worth getting mad or threatening to cancel. I'm simply calling to attempt to find ways to lower the cost of mybill.

I've never had them not be willing to work with me. As the season draws near more specials become available, that's when getting the retention phone number seems to work best. Also, the initial people you speak to never give the best deal, it's always best to ask if there is someone in retention that I can speak to. 

Edited by CBend

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Simple.  When the robot lady asks you about the purpose of your call say “cancel service.”  That will get you directly to customer retention.  Be kind and respectful (can’t hurt to come up with some sort of sob story), and you will typically get discounts equivalent to the cost of ST and a little more.  

Funny, i would have assumed the chat was all bots.

Cancelled my satellite service yesterday to switch to Directvnow.   I was expecting them to offer something to keep me on satellite but they only offerred $10 off for 12 months.  Their rep on the phone was absolutely clueless.

What reallky sucks is directvnow users are not able to purchase NFL Sunday ticket...

4 hours ago, rodneykm said:

It'd be nice, as a Uverse customer, to be able to get Sunday Ticket ( honestly just for the Bills - dont need any other team ) since ATT owns Directv now....but oh well. 

....but then I wouldn’t be paying them twice, as I currently do. Yes, that would be very nice, though. A guy can dream 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have been doing the drill for 10+ years.  AT&T changed DTV and they seem more comfortable losing subscribers than giving discountss

9 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I have been doing the drill for 10+ years.  AT&T changed DTV and they seem more comfortable losing subscribers than giving discountss

I hate talking to the ATT bozos.  The original DTV retention folks out in Idaho were great to talk to.  One time one guy stayed on line with me for 30 minutes bullshitting about football and hockey after he gave me the huge discounts about 1 minute Into the call.  Probably got credit for staying that long on line to save a customer.  Oh those were the days when the DTV call center was staffed by a lot of military spouses 

9 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I got 38 bucks a month for regular Sunday ticket.  Not bad IMO. I'd rather pay that then go to a bar or scourge the internet for a good stream.

The chat worked well and I was nice so were they.  

Chasing streams is a pain and not the way I want to watch football.  I use ST and Sirius radio for the ultimate experience and follow sal,on twitter for sideline info.  If using a stream sometimes not HD, buffers and unreliable to find weekly.  I will pay for the luxury of knowing exactly were to find the game sitting in the comfort of my lazy boy

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I got 38 bucks a month for regular Sunday ticket.  Not bad IMO. I'd rather pay that then go to a bar or scourge the internet for a good stream.

The chat worked well and I was nice so were they.  

the regular cost is 48.99 a month...

46 minutes ago, nucci said:

the regular cost is 48.99 a month...

Right so I got 10 bucks off per month.  That's not bad for 4 plus games a week.  How much are seats at the stadium? How much would it cost per game at a bar? 

I dont mind paying under 40 bucks a month to have every game in my living room.  I ask for a discount every year and so long as it's under 40 I'm cool with it.  JMO. 

• Like (+1) 1